“Not a tourist hotel- therefore quiet, clean but still perfect location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Williamsburg Hospitality House

Save Saved
You added Williamsburg Hospitality House to your Saves list
Williamsburg Hospitality House
415 Richmond Road, Williamsburg, VA 23185-3536   |
Ranked #45 of 78 hotels in Williamsburg
New York City, New York
“Not a tourist hotel- therefore quiet, clean but still perfect location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I was not overwhelmed with the property at first. The rooms are somewhat tired. They could use some new carpets, and some attention to things like cracked paint on the mirrors, and missing veneer on the bottom of the doors (carefully painted over but ugly.) But once you get past the need for updating, its really pretty nice. The rates are great. The location can't be beat- you can easily walk into Colonial Williamsburg.
Its the most "business" hotel of the many in Williamsburg and thus- not overrun with kids, at least when I was there (next week could be different though). And it was very quiet. My colleague was in the room next to me playing the TV rather loud, and I could not hear it at all when we closed the adjoining doors.
No refrigerators in the rooms, but even better was the free wifi. No free breakfast but the coffeemaker in the room was supplied with Wolfgang Puck coffee which was surprisingly good. You cannot open the windows but the heat is adjustable and the fans not too noisy, both of which is not always the case with aging hotels.
Staff were very very nice. I will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

321 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Lanoka Harbor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Could not have found a better hotel. Stayed two nights while attending a wedding that was held in the Chapel at William and Mary.Only had to cross the street to get there. Hotel super clean. The front desk very fast and helpful. Doorman, gracious. Free WiFi although we didnt know that until we checked out. Only downside was the bar. I am over 50 and lok it yet I got carded and since I didnt have ID I was turned away! No problem went next door to a very fun bar....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Salem, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

On a trip to Busch Gardens "Howl-o-Scream", I was a bit skeptical due to the fact it was the only place in town we could get a room. Oh was I wrong! The hotel is a clean, stylish, and convenient place to stay either for William & Mary, the three historical city sites, or Busch Gardens. The hotel's biggest downfall is the parking situation. There are several, tight low-ceiling parking garages, located under the hotel that are a pain in the neck to get in and out of! We found it more reasonable to park in the small lot behind the hotel, although it makes for a hike with your arms full of bags in the dark! The hotel had two restaurants, none of which we ate at while visiting, but seem as though they would be nice places for those not wishing to leave the hotel to grab a bite to eat. All in all, I would recommend this hotel to others, and would return in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I found a deal through LivingSocial which offered 3 days and 2 nights at this hotel in Williamsburg, including $70 in free food at the hotel restaurant, for $126.

Everything about this hotel is nice, especially the location. The room was fine, and it is within pleasant walking distance of the Colonial Williamsburg attractions. This saves money, because it costs to park in the lots around the historic village. I highly recommend the breakfast buffet which is served in a pretty restaurant with stained glass lamps and an outdoor eating area - but skip the other restaurant for dinner. There is a bar area, and the lobby is spacious and tastefully decorated.

There is a quick mart about a block up the street (an easy walk) which has a large selection of drinks, snacks, and coffee etc.

If you are like my family and can't afford to stay in the deluxe hotels in Williamsburg, this is a great alternative. My son loved the indoor pool, and our room was fine. The people who work there are all professional and kind - after we checked out and had driven about 20 miles, we realized that my 6 year old had left his precious 'blankie' in the hotel lobby. We turned around and drove back, and were extremely relieved to find out that one of the hotel bell men had recognized that it was an important blanket and had carefully placed it behind the front desk. It was a great way to end a great hotel experience.

Oh, and a tip for visiting Williamsburg- teachers get a big 50% discount for the entrance ticket. Don't forget to bring your ID.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

The is a very nice beautiful hotel in Williamsburg. The hotel's staff was very friendly and courteous. The restaurant had a nice selection of food and reasonably priced. The parking was FREE and more than ample. The in-room internet was excellent and contrary to previous post- it was FREE not $9.95 a day. The room was very nice and clean. Since it is the holiday season, the hotel was nicely decorated without being over-whelming. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Location to William and Mary.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I am writing from our room at the Williamsburg Hospitality House, having arrived last night.

This is our third or fourth visit to the Hospitality House in the last four years. Our first two visits were fine (though the hotel has been in need of renovation, and the issues noted below--esp hot water--have gotten worse; my wife just warned me that the shower becomes very hot and then very cold with no adjustment on her part). On our last visit we had to request that our room be moved because of excessive noise associated with a wedding party, but the hotel was accommodating. As I write this this morning, however, I am rather under slept. When we arrived last night at 11:45 PM we were given a room directly across from the elevator bank, and several times last night and early this morning my wife and I were awakened by loud conversations five or ten feet outside our door. On one occasion, at about 12:45 am, I had to rise, get dressed, and open our door to ask the two suited men who had been conversing outside our door for about five minutes to take their conversation elsewhere. This morning, at about 7, there were a group of school children assembled, again outside our door.

I'm about to bring this issue to the front desk to request a change of room, and I imagine they'll be accommodating. But, barring extensive renovation and a guarantee that our room will be reasonably quiet, I doubt we'll be staying here again.

Room Tip: Per my comments above: inspect your room location before you accept it, and inquire about whether y...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
gminva, General Manager at Williamsburg Hospitality House, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Gary H,

First, I want to apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. I checked the security logs and we had no reports of noise concerns. Per your review it sounds like people weren't being overly obnoxious, but simply being inconsiderate.

We do our best to place guests in the right spots but can't always account for people not using a modicum of consideration when moving about the hotel . I am sorry that resulted in a lack of restful sleep and the loss of your business. While I can promise we respond to each noise concern as expeditiously as possible, I can't guarantee the behavior of all our guests...even though sometimes I wish we could.

If you could call me at 757-229-4020 or via email at sdees@williamsburghosphouse.com I would appreciate knowing your stay details so I could follow up with my team about your particular experience with the shower.

Thank you again for your feedback and I am sorry it wasn't a better experience.

Yours truly,
Steve Dees
new jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This is an attractive hotel on the edge of colonial Williamsburg. Great free parking beneath the hotel. Ameneities include a pool, game room, fitness center and lovely courtyard. SLOW internet service at $9.95 er day. A small TV that didn't provide all channels. Our room for $69 a night was a bargain. However, the bedding was a problem for me. The sheets were so thin as a tissue and wimpy, and the mattress sagged in the middle . The towels were scratchy and were too short to wrap around a normal human body. There were very nice draperies, however, there should have been an inner sheer curtain to provide some privacy during the day. They need to bring attention to replacing the sheets and towels. These little things mean a great deal to someone who needs a comfortable place to stay after a long road trip .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Williamsburg Hospitality House? Share your experiences!