“Excellent property” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Williamsburg Historic Area

You added Comfort Inn Williamsburg Historic Area to your Saves list
Comfort Inn Williamsburg Historic Area
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   331 Bypass Road, Williamsburg, VA 23185 (Formerly Days Inn Historic Area)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Excellent property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The hotel is newly renovated. The rooms are in great condition, and staff is kind and considerate. The GM David is very knowledgeable and helpful. The location of this hotel is perfect. It has restaurants all around, so you'll never go hungry. Not only do I enjoy the hotel, I try to refer others to stay here also! Great job Comfort Inn!

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

First time in the Williamsburg area and stayed in this hotel during the long Memorial Day weekend. My family enjoyed our stay. Staffs were efficient and friendly. Breakfast was good with both hot and cold preferences. Although selections are limited, it is more than enough to start our day. We loved the freshly made waffles and the clean dining area. Our room was clean and we all slept comfortably in our beds.
Will definitely come back in this hotel if we are in the area again.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Stem, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

We enjoyed our stay. The staff was extremely friendly and made a point of greeting us at check in, of course, and again any time they saw us. Hotel was clean and well cared for. Breakfast met my expectations. Will definitely consider this hotel for future stays in the area.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The good:

Our room was clean, the pool was refreshing, the renovations made the hotel feel nearly new, and most of the staff was very friendly.

The not-so-good:

Breakfast. Understanding that you get what you paid for (and breakfast is free), this was still subpar by hotel standards. Eggs were tasteless, breakfast meat (sausage both days) was cool and greasy, and the hard-boiled eggs were as cold as ice cream. Wash it down with tasteless coffee (even the "bold" coffee is weak) and it all equals a disappointing way to start the day. To be fair, if you like donuts and sugary cereal, there's plenty of options and maybe this breakfast will be OK for you.

Overall, the hotel is a good place to stay as long as your expectations for breakfast are appropriate.

Stayed May 2015
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Family stayed here for Graduation weekend and it was very pleasant experience. Good remodeling and Large airy rooms as well as common areas where could hang out. Amenities were good as was the breakfast.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Pros and Con here....

Pros-- easy to get to off of I-95. Front desk employees on check in and check out were fabulous! Breakfast is standard fare and quality for hotels of this level but the 3 waffle irons made for less wait time. Coffee was better than avg. Interior decor was updated and modern/sleek.

Cons- We chose this hotel based on reviews and wanted to post our experience to let others know that YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY. I don't disbelieve other's reviews saying their rooms were clean. I DO believe that their rooms benefited from a more conscientious housekeeping person. Our room unfortunately was undeniably DIRTY!! Because there were so many "clean" reviews I took pix of our room to show that I'm not making this up. There was a dark and sticky spot on the carpet at the foot of one of the beds. The outside of the toilet bowl (front) had old urine runs with hairs stuck in it. Stained sheets on one bed and stained bed cover on the other. There were some maintenance issues as well. I didn't get a pic but the towel hook on the back of the bathroom door was gone and only the bracket that would have held the towel hook was present. There tub drain had a sloppy caulk job that just made the tub look "Icky".
From the minute we walked in the room I kept telling my husband, "The reviews for this place were fabulous, I swear!" His reply was, "Well, must be all the family and friends of the owner who are leaving reviews"
I guess we got a bad room. You may also, so beware.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
David S, General Manager at Comfort Inn Williamsburg Historic Area, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear crazymomof464,

Thank you for taking time out to share your recent experience. I'm sorry to hear of the housekeeping & maintenance issues experienced in your room during your stay. This is not typical of our hotel and I'm sorry that this was not brought to my attention while you were hear so that I could address it immediately. I'm sorry that your husband feels as though the reviews posted to our site are friends and family of the owner. As you may know, TripAdvisor has a very strict policy on postings of that nature and that is not something that the site nor myself tolerates. Please email me at dsmith@hmphotels.com with the room number and dates of your stay so that I can look into this further. I realize we can't change the past, but would love another opportunity to show you that we are the hotel of choice for those visiting Historic Williamsburg. Thank you again for your business.

Yours in Hospitality,

David N. Smith
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Based on Trip Advisor reviews, we selected this hotel. Several weeks eariler I discovered that it had changed brands, and hoped that nothing else had changed. The stay was perfect. The rooms were clean, quiet, and comfortable. Internet and TV worked perfectly. The breakfast was delicious. Absolutely a great stay.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn Williamsburg Historic Area? Share your experiences!