“Best Days Inn” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 78 Hotels in Williamsburg
Torrance, California
“Best Days Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This is the best Days Inn we have ever stayed at, the hotel was recently refurbished and they did an excellent job. The entire hotel is extremely clean and updated. We stayed 2 nights and our room was excellent, like new with flat screen TV, fridge, microwave, granite counter top in bath, 2 comfortable queen beds, good parking. The breakfast was very good with a nice choice. The location of the hotel is convenient to the colonial historic area. The only recommendation would be for a towel bar in the bathroom which was lacking. Otherwise, this was an excellent stay. I wish all Days Inn were comparable.

Room Tip: First floor rooms would be more convenient.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was a first time visit to Williamsburg. Days Inn Historic was beautifully decorated, staff was very pleasant and helpful. Our microwave malfunctioned and within 20 minutes there was a gentleman at our door with a replacement. Hotel is immaculate and eating area spacious. Continental breakfast met our needs nicely. Hotel is just west of the Williamsburg visitors center and a very short drive to Williamsburg if you do not want to take the shuttle bus. Our daily rate was very reasonable. We visited Oct. 13 to 19. Housekeeping staff was friendly and efficient. I would like to give credit to fabulous staff of Amira,David,Jane,Tomas,Marijana,Jewel, Amy and any other member I did not mention only because I did not get your name. Also one of the staff members suggested an alternate route home to avoid a traffic jam on 95N. There are many nice family restaurants along Bypass Rd and Richmond Rd if you do not want to eat in Williamsburg. Great choice for a vacation stay!

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor near workout area and eating area. We liked the quick exit and entrance...
Queensbury, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My wife and I used to stay at this hotel before the remodel. We just returned home from a 6 night stay and only have praises for everything done. My wife walked in to our room and all she could say was it's beautiful. Assistant Manager Ron Jones and Lona at the front desk made our stayed exceptionally pleasant. What a fanrastic job was done and the improvements made were exceptional. Anyone looking to to visit Williamsburg should definitely look into staying here. We are planning on returning next year for as even longer stay.

Room Tip: Excellent place to stay
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

I reviewed this Days Inn when we stayed here as a family 2 years ago. At the time, I believe I said something along the lines of "the staff are great, but the decor is old and tired."

We were down in Williamsburg again a couple of weeks ago, and I hardly recognized the place! The new, upgraded decor makes such a difference! The lobby looks wonderful, and the rooms are great.
The fitness center and laundry room have been relocated and are now in nice, bright, airy rooms.

One down side for me personally was the breakfast. I have to really watch my carbs, so pretty much the only thing I could eat was one of the egg patties. There is a nice variety of "carby" breakfast food though, and my boys loved the fresh waffles! Much better than the frozen microwave waffles you get at some chain hotel breakfast bars.

The staff were friendly, courteous and helpful. We were there on what must have been the last warm day of the year, and as the pool was still full, my little guy asked if he could swim. The desk manager opened the pool area just for us. We were very impressed by that! In addition, I accidentally left some clothing items hanging in the room closet, and the staff worked hard to help me resolve the situation, with the hotel manager even stepping in personally to help.

We are planning a trip back to Williamsburg later this fall or early winter, and we will definitely stay here on that trip!

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Washington Dc, District Of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Days Inn brand has never been on our "hotel radar". After failing to find availability for a last minute trip, I reluctantly booked the Days Inn, based on other reviews and guest provided photos. VERY pleasantly surprised! Modern, clean and fresh with spacious rooms. Great location to the tourist sites - without having to constantly battle the traffic on the main road (route 60). Outside of very minor annoyances: limited parking in the front/lighted area, tiny fitness center, long hike to elevator, no info on wireless internet access code (I didn't want to bother with asking the desk) and a "meh" breakfast offering - the only glaring complaint I would have is the front desk staff. Especially the brunette female working both nights we were there. Personality of a wad of gum on bottom of shoe. At check-in, zero welcome, barely any eye contact and no standard hotel info spiel (from both of the people at the desk, not just her). Offered no helpful knowledge to our party or others that came to the desk. I truly believe that a great hotel stay begins with the front desk staff and in this case, a potential great stay became a "very good" stay, only because of the front desk staff that acted like they would prefer to be anywhere but there. :( This staff couldn't even muster up a hello when we walked by. On the upside, the night auditor and the maintenance man we encountered were very pleasant - and portrayed true hospitality!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

David S, General Manager at Days Inn Historic Area, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear meshobesi,

Thank you for taking time out to let us know of your recent experience. I'm glad to hear that you were pleasantly surprised upon your arrival to our hotel. For guest convenience, we do suggest parking in the rear of the hotel which has a larger parking area that is well lit and the elevator is right at the entrance door of the rear parking lot. We also place the internet access code inside of the key envelope. We apologize if this was not pointed out to you upon check in. I would love to speak with you further about your stay, please email me at dsmith@hmphotels.com or call me at 757-253-1166. Thank you for your business and I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours in Hospitality,

David N. Smith
Plano
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Very impressed with condition and cleanliness of hotel. We checked out at 3:00 am and the lady at the front desk was kind and pleasant despite the time of day.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

David S, General Manager at Days Inn Historic Area, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Blessedtexan,

Thank you for your kind words. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and Ms. Amy who checked you out was king and pleasant. We appreciate your business and hope that you will keep us in mind in the future.

Yours in Hospitality,

David N. Smith

Been to Days Inn Historic Area? Share your experiences!