I recently returned home from the Days Inn Historic Area and for the most part it was a great stay.
Very nice looking and updated.
Staff were great in our limited dealings. One day the GM was even in the hall and asked about our house keeping.
Hotel is very clean. Entrance is beautiful. Just a side note about the
AC - I didn't realize you could keep the fan running all night, so the AC keep cycling throughout the night. Very disruptive to light sleepers. Leave the fan on if you like background noise.
Sand paper towels. Wow are they rough.
Firm beds. I love a firm
bed but these are too firm and the pillows are awful.
Bathrooms are too small. Barely any clearance between door and toilet.
Sticky nasty spot on the carpet. We just left a small hand towel on it.
Closet is way too large and sticks out into the room.
Doors are too thin. You hear everything.
Breakfast could be better with varying choices. We wound up skipping it after the first day because it was way too crowded. Kids had cereal. Waffle wait was more than 15 minutes.
I know it sounds like a lot of complaints but I am just a little picky and would like to let others know my impressions. I'm not sure if I would stay again just because of the bed issue. I really left with major backaches and combined with all of the walking a decent bed and rest is very important.
It was a great hotel for its price and purpose though. Kids had a great time in the pool. At night parking fills up quickly. We got home about 10:30 after fireworks and had to practically park at the next hotel. Lots of great restaurants nearby along with all of the major attractions.
Nice job Days Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the new Comfort Inn Williamsburg Historic Area! Get in touch with a slice of history while basking in southern hospitality at the Comfort Inn(R) Williamsburg Historic Area hotel in Williamsburg, VA near Colonial Williamsburg and Busch Gardens. Our non-smoking family hotel in Williamsburg puts guests within steps of popular attractions like: Busch Gardens, Water Country USA, Williamsburg Prime Outlets, William and Mary, and Williamsburg Winery Get going with a great breakfast. Start your trip to Williamsburg with our free hot breakfast offering everything from eggs, waffles and meat to healthy options like yogurt and fresh fruit. Soak up the sun on our patio deck or take a dip in our oversized seasonal outdoor pool. You can also break a sweat in our 24-hour fitness center or take care of family needs in our guest laundry facilities. All guest rooms offer a coffee maker, desk, sitting area, microwave, refrigerator, iron and board. Some rooms feature a sofa sleeper, in-room tea and coffee and kitchenette. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Comfort Inn Williamsburg Historic Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Historic Area Hotel Williamsburg
- Days Inn Williamsburg Virginia
- Days Inn Colonial
- Days Inn Historic Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Days Inn