Spent several nights here while at a conference at the College of William & Mary. We chose this hotel based on the complimentary reviews on Tripadvisor, and as usual were not disappointed. This is not your average Days Inn (no offence, Days Inn!), and everything seems new and in tip top condition. The outside pool is pleasant, with an adequate seating area and plenty of towels provided. The fitness center is equipped with two treadmills only and one rowing machine, but they all work; I think they might usefully invest in an elliptical machine too.
The bedroom boasted a flat screen TV, easy chair and desk, and two very comfortable Queen beds. The bathroom was well equipped with toiletries, towels and hairdryer. There was no coffeemaker in the room, but coffee was available at all times from the breakfast area. Breakfast itself seemed the typical range for this type of hotel, from oatmeal and cereal to toast, pastries and fresh fruit. However, the presence of a new Denny's next door was too tempting, so we ate breakfast there each morning. In fact, this locality is blessed with numerous eateries, and several were within walking distance, including Cracker Barrel.
There's very little to complain about this new Days Inn, with its excellent parking outside and new facilities inside. The only drawback is a design fault of the architects' making and not the staff or even the other guests who cause the problem. We stayed off of the first floor corridor that leads from the breakfast room; that is one very noisy corridor! Guests probably don't realize how their voices carry, and the doors aren't thick enough to absorb enough of their sound waves! The only solution for those rooms is for the staff to post a sign or remind returning guests to lower their voices as they walk past those bedrooms. Tripadvisor guests who are light sleepers should ask to be accommodated anywhere but that corridor.
Finally, book early if you want to secure good rates. When I first researched the hotel, the nightly rate was approx. $80; by the time I booked it was closer to $140.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly renovated property completed June 2013 featuring Queen or King beds with microfridges in all rooms. Only 1 mile from Colonial Williamsburg & 5 miles from Busch Gardens. Enjoy a deluxe complimentary breakfast each morning, free WiFi and a seasonal outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, AAA Travel Services, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn Historic Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Historic Area Hotel Williamsburg
- Days Inn Williamsburg Virginia
- Days Inn Colonial
- Days Inn Historic Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Days Inn