“Excellent Newly Renovation Hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Days Inn Historic Area
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   331 Bypass Road, Williamsburg, VA 23185   |
Ranked #5 of 78 hotels in Williamsburg
Burlington, Vermont
“Excellent Newly Renovation Hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Unbelievable, excellent stay! From being greeted by Ron when I arrived, who gave me a ton of information on dining and attractions, to Orlando who oversees housekeeping (and knocked on our door to make sure our room was perfect)....the stay was amazing and comforting. The hotel was clean, spiffy and the staff was friendly. I had never stayed in the area, and the referrals to the local restaurants were spot on. Ron knows his restaurants. Can't say enough great things about this Days Inn. The best by far that I've stayed at. The renovation was just what the beautiful brick building needed. The staff takes pride in what they have and it shows! The overall price was great and I would stay again. Thanks to David, the Manager, for completing our stay by taking the time to talk to us (as busy as it was), and making us feel welcome.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
David S, General Manager at Days Inn Historic Area, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Michelle J,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Ron does a great job in welcoming all of our guests on behalf of the management staff and hotel team. He is a native of the area so knows exactly what to recommend to make your stay more enjoyable. Orlando is new to the team and guests can't stop saying enough nice things about him. I am pleased that I was able to meet with you. Our entire hotel team strives to not only tell the guests that we appreciate their business, but we try to go the extra mile in making the guests feel welcomed and appreciated. Thank you again for your business and we hope to see you again soon!

335 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We were in Williamsburg for a family wedding at the Williamsburg Winery. The hotel was a little more than what I am used to paying for at a Days Inn, but for the area it was not as pricey as other hotels. My first contact with Catherine was when I called to inquire about prices and availability. She was very professional and friendly. When we checked in, we met Catherine, she again was very nice and friendly. The hotel was the nicest Days Inn I had ever stayed, definitely upper crust on the Days Inn circuit. It was beautiful, crisp, clean, nice, except for the bright, funky, hallway carpet that was reminiscent of a psychedelic ink-spot. It would have been cheaper to stay in Newport News or Norfolk or Hampton, but we wanted to be closer to the winery for the wedding events. We were very pleased with the quality of the experience, we did not eat the free breakfast, because the beds were too comfortable to get up in time.
When we checked out, again Catherine was there with Kirk. They made me laugh so much that they had me crying I was laughing so hard. It was quite an enjoyable experience. Kirk was picking on my about how I signed my name, i was hilarious.

Room Tip: FYI the hair dryer is in a bag under the sink where the towels are.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
David S, General Manager at Days Inn Historic Area, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear Stacey B,

As I read your review and am thinking about Kirk, I can picture him having you laugh like he does so many other guests! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found us to be conveniently located to the Williamsburg Winery. Catherine has been with our hotel management company working at other properties for a few years and is an asset to our team! Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again in the future.
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I have stayed here twice now. Once with my boyfriend; it was a last minute find late in the evening on July 4. David, the manager, was so nice and personable. The hotel is newly renovated and beautiful. The room was very nice with pretty decorations. It was a very comfortable stay. The cherry on top was that we were able to see the county's firework show from our window! The continental breakfast has many options, a lot more than most hotel's breakfast. It was great! The stay was so nice that I decided to come back for a second time with my mom. Again, it was a great stay. My mom was also very pleased. Even if the hotel wasn't as nice as it is, the excellent customer service is enough to keep me coming back. The hotel manager called us a few minutes after we got to our room to make sure everything with our room was okay. THAT surprised me and made me feel appreciated as a customer. Little things like that make the biggest difference and are things customers, like my mom, boyfriend, and I will remember. I will always return here for my future stays in Williamsburg.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Amanda T,

We appreciate you coming to visit with us again. We are glad that you have found your new home away from home in our hotel. Our team strives to satisfy every guests, every time and we understand that the small things that other hotels may not do, go a long way. Thank you again for your business and email me at dsmith@hmphotels.com the next time you plan to come into the area. We love taking care of our return guests!
Gainesville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

This Days Inn has to be the cleanest one I have every stayed in. The stay was wonderful. Would like to thank two staff member Orlando and Ron for being so friendly and welcoming. Would stay there again and again

Dear Imwallen,

Thank you for taking time out to share your experience of our hotel. We are glad that you found the property to be the cleanest Days Inn that you have stayed at. Thank you for the kind words about Ron and Orlando. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Been to Days Inn Historic Area? Share your experiences!