“Nice stay for me” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 78 Hotels in Williamsburg
Ashburn, United States
“Nice stay for me”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

we had a really nice time here. everybody was friendly from the housekeepers to the breakfast attendant. breakfast was very good and there was a lot of variety. it was not golden corral but it got us up and started for our day of fun. my room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. there are many things to do that are just a short walk away because the hotel is in a very good location. we plan on returning for Christmastown in December.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Clemmons, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Great location and plenty of parking. Rooms very clean and beds great. Quiet area. Free WiFi.
Staff very friendly. Although we did not use it....they have a very nice indoor pool. The breakfast was included and was very nice. Highly recommend if you visit Williamsburg.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stay at this hotel every year for William & Mary's Homecoming weekend and we love it! The service is always great, it's close to the campus, restaurants, etc. and they serve a nice breakfast in the morning. Our room is always clean and comfortable and the internet works great which has been a fight in past hotels. Can't wait to come back next year. Go Tribe!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I am a bit surprised by some of the other reviews I have read about this hotel. I just came home from a 4 day stay at Best Western. Our room was everything we were looking for. Its so nice having a refrigerator ( and its not the teeny tiny kind ) and a microwave . The breakfast was pretty amazing for a hotel breakfast. There was unlimited bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, hash browns, muffins, fruit, etc. The gentleman that brought out the food was right there when a table needed to be wiped off, or food needed refilling. If I had any complaint, the tv picture was fuzzy, and the wifi didn't work very well. We didn't miss either of these things as we kept very busy being tourist. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, and plan on staying there again myself next time I visit the Williamsburg area.

Room Tip: We were in 306 and had the view of a roof. I might have asked for a room with a better view if I kne...
Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Hotwire has this hotel listed as a 3 star property under it's secret Hot Rate hotels. They will tell you that it is an expensive 3 star property, and that you are getting a great rate (something like 60% off of the regular rate). This is a complete lie. It is in no way 3 stars, and no other travel site has it listed as high. It doesn't even have the necessary amenities to be considered 3 stars. When I discovered that they had been dishonest in their listing, I wrote to Hotwire to try and cancel the reservation due to the fact that they had misrepresented the quality of the hotel. They refused, and promised only a "clean" room. My trip was coming up very soon. I needed a hotel and couldn't wait to dispute the claim with Paypal, so we just kept the reservation. When we arrived we found very dirty carpets in the room with dark stains. I wasn't comfortable walking barefoot. The included breakfast was also disgusting. The front desk staff people were friendly, and the location is close to Colonial Williamsburg, but there are many other hotels in the area that would be better. I for one will never book with Hotwire again. They lie and their customer service is terrible.

Williamsburg, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

To Whom It May Concern: Unfortunately, I find I must write this letter to document a more than unsatisfactory recent stay at a Best Western in Williamsburg, VA. I found myself in a situation that would be every hotel guest’s worst nightmare – unwanted and unwelcome guests were waiting in my hotel room on the evening of September 27th, 2014. September 27th this perception was shattered to smithereens. I woke around 11:30pm, quite warm, and so I arose to turn down the room heat. As I walked into the bathroom, I could see in the large mirror that there were numerous bugs on my pajama top. Needless to say, I rapidly pulled off my pajamas. You can imagine my dismay, chagrin, and utter disgust when I found a bug INSIDE my pajamas. I walked back to look at the bed, and lo and behold… bedbugs, all over the pillows and the sheets. Mind you, not just a few, but probably upwards of 5-6. Hindsight is 20/20, and I took plenty of photos of the bites and bugs for evidence. But I’m sure you can imagine my scattered and fragmented mind at that point in time. After ensuring there were no more bedbugs on me or in my hair, I dressed and went down to the front desk. I calmly told the night clerk my predicament. He offered me another room. It was quite a sleepless night, as I woke up almost every half hour and checked my new bed for any signs of bugs. When I went down to the front desk to check out, I had a chat with the Manager. He took the room off the bill and he did apologize when I handed him the few bed bugs I caught in a cup Upon my return trip back home, I still found it difficult to sleep. I left a light on in the room, and every time I awoke, I would check the bed sheets to be sure there were no bugs. Bottom line: It’s going to take some time for me to feel comfortable in ANY hotel room again. I have always checked the bed before I would make myself comfortable but I have never seen anything. Trust me, I did check the bed at the Best Western in Williamsburg, VA before I got in the bed down but I did not see anything before I turned out the lights that would merit any concern on my part. I was shocked and disappointed in the Best Western brand, and I hope that you will take the necessary steps to ensure this terrible experience does not happen to future hotel guests at any of your hotel brands.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn is situated in a good location basically in the middle of town with easy access to Busch Gardens, Colonial Williamsburg, the outlets, etc. However, there are also many other hotels in the vicinity and I wouldn't choose this one again. My wife and I stayed here using Best Western points last Saturday night since rates at most area hotels were high that weekend (due to Columbus Day weekend and popularity of Busch Garden's Halloween festivities). We requested the top floor in our advance reservation but received the 2nd floor on check-in.... I know these requests are not guaranteed but still disappointing. The main problem was the breakfast situation. The hotel's website advertises a deluxe continental breakfast, and goes on to detail all the items... basically the usual 2 star hotel variety of stuff. When we went down for breakfast at 9:40 AM (breakfast ends at 10 AM), there was literally *nothing* in the breakfast area except for 3 oranges! I have never seen every single bin completely empty like that at any hotel that offers a free breakfast. I went to the front desk, who alerted the breakfast attendant. That person, who seemed to be hiding in the back, relucantantly brought out a few pieces of bread and finally some eggs. I am not sure how any attendant could realize the breakfast area was empty. There weren't really that many people around either (maybe because there was nothing to eat). Completely unacceptable for a hotel that advertises this perk. Otherwise, the hotel was just ok - typical budget type accommodations... clean enough, quiet, etc. However, there are just too many other better choices in Williamsburg.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Historic Area Inn? Share your experiences!