“Great budget hotel, great staff” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #26 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Maryland
“Great budget hotel, great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We chose this hotel due to the location and price. There are LOTS of hotels to choose from in the area so the choice was not easy. We were very happy with the hotel, even with it filled with young kids on school trips (it was also Spring Break for my family). The staff was wonderful and accommodating. When the business center printer did not work to print our vouchers for Busch Gardens, the manager set up the front desk computer for me to print them. The room was clean and warm and the indoor pool was fantastic for my young children after days at Jamestown and Busch Gardens. The hotel has a Pizzeria Uno a few hundred yards away (walkable) and a Cracker Barrel across Bypass Road (also walkable, theoretically). There is a Big KMart across the street where we bought snacks and drinks for the room. There is a mini fridge and microwave in the room.

The breakfast was convenient, but the two days we ate the choices were the same (scrambled eggs, sausage patty, french toast sticks, biscuits and gravy as well as muffins, toast. Standard fare. Also, the mini fridge and one lamp were unplugged when we arrived. The unplugged lamp was just confusing, but it took a while for the fridge to cool down. I would recommend that it always be plugged in for the next guest.

We plan on going back to Williamsburg in the later spring/summer, and the kids will no doubt ask for this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Alexis W, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Historic Area Inn, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for the review and we are happy to hear we made your stay enjoyable. We look forward to your return and hope to make that stay even better

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The location of this hotel is perfect. A school group was staying here, but we never heard them - a credit to their chaperones. We paid a larger fee per evening as it was spring break & the rates were increased. A large group was at breakfast, but very manageable. Our frustrating part was our hotel phone had a dead line - no contact with the main desk & no availability to call out. The desk clerk had no idea how to fix the problem as maintenance had left for the evening. Result- \no phone during our stay. The room had no hotel directory so no TV channel guide - we needed to surf all the channels to locate the network needed as the tv remote didn't have a guide button either. The manager did credit a portion of our bill upon check-out, but a method is needed if maintenance is needed after 5PM.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and we apologize for the lack of attention to the phone issue. It sounds like it could have been as simple as a phone cord. We hope you come back and see us and we will make sure the phone works correctly.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The staff is wonderful. They remember our names when we arrive. They know our favorite room and always try to have it available at our request. On our wedding anniversary the staff surprised us with a cake and chocolate kisses in our room. The hotel amenities are many and fun. I love the indoor pool and sauna. We come year round so we can always enjoy swimming and relaxing in the sauna. I love the Elvira pinball machine. I was a bit of a pinball wizard back in the day and really look forward to playing. Last stay I got 3 million plus on my first game. The rooms are clean and oh so comfortable. Because of this hotel we always stay at Best Western wherever we are traveling.

Room Tip: I love the room with the kings sized bed and the jetted tub.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Alexis W, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Historic Area Inn, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you so much for your response. Good to hear that you enjoy the Elvira pinball machine, many people do. Come back and see us and maybe you can beat your high score.
Lexington, North Carolina, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

The best front desk people i ever met!! Sara was the best afternoon gal! I don't know his name for in the mornings, but, he was the best for mornings for me. The daily cleaning and bed linen changes are amazing quality!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Alexis W, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Historic Area Inn, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you so much! It is always nice to hear comments such as yours. We are very lucky to have people that truly care about the guest stay. Come back and see us
Amherst, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Tried BW plus for the first time on 3-15-2013.... I was impressed the moment I drove up! The man at the desk was so friendly and helpful. the lobby was well appointed and updated. The elevators were quick and the room on the 3rd floor was sooooo comfortable...everything was clean and the beds...well.....you just sink into them!! The room has all the amenities and the wi-fi was strong.
At breakfast, they had it all....eggs,sausage,biscuits,cereal,french toast, fruit, milk, yogurt, coffee.. you name it! The lady in charge of breakfast made it a point to greet us and ask if we needed anything and the housekeeping crew stopped briefly to greet me!
Got to mention the heated pool and jacuzzi...oh yeah! Finally the price was right,too..Now DO NOT tell everyone as my wife and i want to go back and be able to get a room! LOL!! Thanks, Best Western for a great night!

Room Tip: They are ALL good!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Alexis W, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Historic Area Inn, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Good Afternoon,

I would first like to say "Thank You" for choosing the Best Western as your choice of hotel. We really do appreciate you and your families buisness. I am very happy to know that Bill was friendly and helpful when you guys needed anything. We just switched some things around with breakfast so I am very very pleased to hear that you all really enjoyed it. I am also very happy to know that Danielle provided you with excellent service while you were in the breakfast area. I will make sure that I let the both of them know about the compliments that they recieved from you all. Don't be try to scare by business away you two :) LOL. We will always have plenty of room for you all!! When you guys decide to come back please feel free to call me and I will be more than happy to personally assits you with your reservation. I hope you had a wonderfull Saint Patrick's Day. Have a great day!!!!

Alexis Williams
Front Office Manager
Best Western Plus Historic Area
757-220-0880
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Just getting around to share this! We went at Christmas this year. Everything was Excellent. In fact, This is the Greatest Best Western we have ever stayed in! The staff went out of their way to make us comfortable at all times. Everything was clean and neat. It was Christmas and the decorations were beautiful. They gave us fresh hot cookies, candy, water in the bottle and were fantastic! I Highly recommend this hotel and would come back time and time again. Also the Friendliest Best Western we have ever been too. Just can't say enough Great things about it. They made our Christmas Perfect!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Good Afteroon,

I would first like to say "Thank You" for choosing us as your choice of hotel as we are aware that they are many hotels for you to choose from. Christmas is my favorite type of year here in Williamsburg because of the decorations that we put up as well! We tried too make sure that Santa wouldn't skip the Best Western on his route, so we decided to make cookies for him and our guest to enjoy :). I am very pleased to know that we were able to make your Christams something to remember. If you need anything in the future please feel free to give me a call and I will be more than happy to help you and your family out. I hope you had a great Saint Paticks Day!! Have a great day!!!

Alexis Williams
Front Office Manager
Best Western Plus Historic Area
757-220-0880

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Historic Area Inn? Share your experiences!