“Excellent stay.....” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Colonie, New York, United States
“Excellent stay.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

My family and I have been staying at this hotel for the past 3 years. We have stayed here exactly 4 times. 3 out 4 times the hotel has lived up to our expectations. Yes, there was one time where I was disappointed with the upkeep of the room. During that stay, I shared my concerns with the hotel staff and through a survey. I was surprised to received an email from the hotel manager, apologizing for the less than stellar service. I decided to give the hotel another chance(everyone deserves a second or in my experience a fourth chance) and I returned, this past week (8/19-25/2012). Glad I did. I was very happy with my stay. Room was clean, had fresh towels daily and friendly service. I loved this hotel 3 years ago and my current stay restored my faith in the staff/hotel again. I will continue to stay here as long as the hotel's staff continues to deliver consistent, friendly customer service. Thanks to all at the Best Western Plus Hisoric Area Inn!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 223. 2 queen beds, fridge, micro, coffe pot, hair dryer, iron. Near elevator.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Alexis W, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Historic Area Inn, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you for your review of the Best Western Williamsburg, please come back and see us

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Petersburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Our family has stayed at this hotel the past 3 years for vacation and have enjoyed it every time we have been there!! The staff is very friendly and makes you feel like you are at home. Breakfast is always good and the staff assisting with breakfast is excellent!!! I plan on staying here next summer also for vacation!! The rooms are always clean and good service can be expected when you return to your room from a busy day!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review, it is always good to hear that we made your stay memorable.
Mount Hope, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

We did not have a reservation upon check in and they said they could accomodate a family of 4 in a room with a king bed and pull out sofa bed. We specifically asked about the pull out bed in regards to it's size and they said it would accomodate 2 children which it did not! It was only twin size so we managed with the king bed. The room was free of bedbugs and the bathroom was clean. The carpeting throughout the entire hotel was disgusting! It looked like it had never been cleaned or vacuumed in months. The breakfast area was fine...crowded at times but manageable. The staff was friendly and they did bring us extra towels when requested. We would probably not stay there again but it served it's purpose for our trip.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor. No problems with noise from the rest of the motel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the Best Western Historic in Williamsburg. We are happy to hear that we made your stay enjoyable, however we do regret the inconvienances you experienced during your stay. We hope to see you again.
West Linn, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I had read previous reviews, which did not sound promising, but I had used Priceline and this was the accepted offer. I decided to go in with an open mind, (since I couldn't change anything anyway) but well, it didn't help. The exterior front looks very nice; however, service was terrible. When I went in to check-in, I was treated as though I was intruding upon the clerks, and that set the rest of my stay. After parking in the back near the "security" door, I found said door had a broken pane of glass; not inspiring any sense of security! I also found this door "open" on many occasions during my stay, either propped open or just plain not closing securely! Once inside my room, I was disappointed with the furniture in the room; it was cheap and sparse and my mattress "squeaked" anytime I sat upon it. The one thing I did like about my room was the bathroom counter. My check-out experience was no better as I interrupted a "smoke" break. The free breakfast was nothing exciting, my daughter had instant oatmeal because nothing else inspired her. I woud NOT reccommend this hotel and I find it hard to believe this is considered one of Best Western's "Plus" or better hotels. The price they charged was clearly not worth it, even with my discount with Priceline!!

• Stayed August 2012
Alexis W, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Historic Area Inn, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you for your review of your stay. I would like to apologize for not providing the service you expected and should have received. We use to reviews in order to improve. Thank you again for the review and we once again apologize.
Altavista, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Have stayed at the Best Western Historic Plus 3 times now and have always enjoyed our stay. Convenient to both the historic area, William & Mary where our son just graduated, and shopping areas. The staff has always been helpful, check in and out speedy, and the room always neat and clean. This is where we will stay anytime we go to Williamsburg.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Alexis W, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Historic Area Inn, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you for your response, we appreciate the kind words. Please come back and see us again soon.
Florida, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Just came back from week long vacation. My room was clean,as was the bathroom. great place to crash at the end of the day. Beds were comfy.Staff was great. location was great,near restaurants and activities. would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Alexis W, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Historic Area Inn, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Thank you for your response, we are glad we made your stay enjoyable. Come back and see us soon.
Saint Joseph, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We chose this hotel based on other reviews and proximity to local Williamsburg attractions, it had a pool, in room fridge, and breakfast.
The area the hotel is in is nice not run down, plenty of shopping, and dining and gas to choose from. Our room itself was clean, with the usual items.
The pool was nice but the smoke pad is nearby causing horrible fumes when mixed with the already chlorine smell..
There was a game room but no change machine.
Breakfast was your usual, round egg patties, french toast, or pancakes, dry cereal, milk, bagels, muffins, coffee, juice, etc..the usual nothing fancy but enough to get you going for the day..HOWEVER there was rarely anyplace to sit to eat and there were other rude guests "holding" empty tables for other guests that were not even there yet. A few days we just opted out of the free breakfast and went to IHOP down the street, which was aggrivating since we chose this hotel for the free breakfast. There were "live ins" hoarding all the food to take back to their rooms so fresh fruit and bread and yogurt went 1st.
The hotel description said they had laundry facilites on site...well let me tell you that means one washer and one dryer..and you have to wait for all the "live ins" staying there to do all 5 loads of their laundry..I went to a nearby soaps n suds and they wanted almost 5$ to wash and dry 1 load, so I was forced to wait on the use of the washer and dryer back at the hotel, which I did til 12 midnight.. also the front desk was out of change(however the desk manager went to his car to personally get me change for $1) so I could wash, then it took my money and I was forced to beg strangers passing in the hall for quarters so I could finish my laundry...
I was told this is a non smoking hotel BUT at every entrance there were smokers and every time you walked in and out either the front or back door you were consumed by stale smoke. YUCK..Also one night I smelled smoke up on our floor and told managment at front desk... not pleasant to walk down the hall and it reeks of cigarettes..
In our bathroom there was a vent above the sink by the light, one night late I could hear all the goings on in either the room next to me above, or below me..not pleasant when the sound you hear is someone verbally and physically abusing (not diciplining there is a big difference) their child..it haunted me and gave me nightmares, I did not notify the front desk in fear a "room check" would cause more harm to the child, but I almost called the police.
Also the parking in the rear is awkward..avoid it if you are not loading/unloading...
Would I stay here again..yes, would I reccomend others to stay here, maybe....I just hope the next time we stay here all the rude and uncivilized people stay home !!!
Oh and we also had weird charges on our bill that were above the occupancy, state and city taxes that were not explained to us...$16.00 worth...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Alexis W, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Historic Area Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you for your response and we apologize for the issues you did experience. Summer time in Williamsburg is hectic to say the least. Please come back and see us, it is a little slower after Labor Day and hope to see you again.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Historic Area Inn? Share your experiences!