“Comhearalot” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Comhearalot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

This is a comfortable and convenient location. The facility provides everything that we need and the staff is always helpful. We stay here quite frequently and our room is always clean. This stay was very quiet on the 2nd floor. The breakfast is only adequate and I seem to remember it being better some time back.

Room Tip: Away from the elevator and ice machine
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Alexis W, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Historic Area Inn, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Good Morning!!!

I would like to start off by " Thanking You" for being a return guest. We really do appreciate your loyalty to the Best Western Plus Historic Area. Our goal is to make sure that every guest enters happy and leaves happy, and I am very pelased to know that the staff as well as the hotel itself was able to provide you with what you and your family was looking for. I would like to apologize about the breakfast, as we are looking for new ways to improve. When you do come back to the area I would love to personally assist you with your reservation. Just give me a call at (757)220-0880, and I will be more than happy to help you. Have a wonderful day!!

Best Western Plus Hisotric Area

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
La Grange, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

On our way to a ship's reunion in Norfolk, VA we found it an additional pleasure to stop a day early at the Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn in Williamsburg. We could spend a day in Colonial Williamsburg before traveling to Norfolk a hour's drive away. The room was clean, bed comfortable, and good choice of food at the complimentary breakfast in the morning. It was easy to find our way to Colonial Williamsburg the next day. We found dining in some excellent places to eat located just a few minutes drive from the hotel. On our return from Norfolk we stopped at Yorktown and Jamestown on our way to this hotel as it is located at a site that is convenient to all three tourists attractions. I will stay here again if I am traveling in the area and highly recommend it to my family and friends.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello There!

I would first like to say that it was a "pleasure" to have you stay here at the Best Western Plus Historic Area. We do understand that there are multiple hotels to choose from, and we are happy to know that we were your choice. I am very pleased to know that we were able to provide you and your family with a wonderful expereince. When and if you do decide to come back to Williamsburg, Va please feel free to give me a call at (757)220-0880 and I will be more than happy to personally assist you with your reservation. Have a great day!!

Best Western Plus Historic Area
Midlothian, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

The room was nice, the staff were kind and we had a breakfast that was good.

The only issue we had was the AC was a bit loud in the room and it didn't really get it cool; the thermostat said "64" but it wasn't much below 70-71 and humid. I didn't say anything because we were rushing out of there on Sunday.

We'd go back again!

Good Morning!!

Thank You for choosing us as your choice of hotel during your visit to Williamsburg, Va. We really do appreciate it. I am very happy to know that you had a wonderful time here, and that our staff and facility was able to accomdate your needs. I would like to apologize about your AC not working. We have contacted the right department so that they will be able to look into this. When you are able to get a chance, can you please contact me at (757)220-0880 about your previous reservation. Have a great day!!

Best Western Plus Historic Area
louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

We Stayed 5 nights at this location. Staff was helpful when I had questions. Nice and polite.
Our room was cleaned and replenished with towels and toiletries daily. Our location was on the 2nd floor, nice and quiet.

very close to Historic Williamsburg, Great price and great location., eat breakfast somewhere else.

Would stay again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Alexis W, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Historic Area Inn, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Good Morning!!

I would first like to say "Thank You" for choosing the Best Western Plus Historic Area, we really do appreciate it. While looking over your review, I was very pleased to know that my staff as well as the hotel was able to provide you and your family with an experince that will last a lifetime. I do want to apologize on our behalf of the breakfast qualitiy. By letting us know about your concerns, we are more knowledgeable on the things we need to work on. If you every decide to come back to the Williamsburg, Va area please feel free to contact me at (757) 220-0880 and I will personally take care of you and your family. Have a wonderful day!!

Best Western Plus Hsitoric Area
NE PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

Clean room, friendly staff. First experience w/ a Best Western. Would most likely recommend to somebody visiting Williamsburg. Had an issue with air conditioner (didn't work), repairs attempted. Moved to another room which was a bit of an inconvience...but upgrade provided for party that was traveling w/ us at no extra charge. Had an issue with room keys not working on third night, but to their credit issue was resolved quickly. Breakfast was worst that I have encountered in 20 years of traveling. But for the price... an overall good experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Alexis W, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Historic Area Inn, responded to this review, May 11, 2012
Thank you for your response concerning your recent stay at the Best Western Historic. We apologize for the difficulties with the AC and room keys. As for the breakfast, we are currently looking at options to improve the selection. We are glad to hear that overall your stay was enjoyable. Once again thank you for your response.

Bill
AGM
Best Western Historic
Clayton, Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

I stayed at Best Western this past weekend while attending a school trip with my daughter. Overall, the hotel is nice however, there were signs of wear and tear. When the room I was staying in was cleaned, the crew missed the ice bucket and left the emptied trash can on top of the toilet. Breakfast buffet was no more or less than expected.

Now for the bad part. First, about an hour after our group had checked in they evacuated the hotel due to a gas leak. While the leak was beyond the hotel's control, the coordination of getting guests out was awful. No calls were made to individual rooms, nor alarms sounded, to alert anyone of the problem. The entire evacuation was done by word of mouth with guests alerting other guests to leave the building.

Second, the housekeeping staff was quite rude to the group leader Saturday morning as we were going room to make sure all of the kids were on the bus. They thought she was checking in on them and made a sarcastic comment about how they "looked like" high school students.

Third, when we arrived home my daughter realized her Ipod had been left in the room. She and I were the last ones out and shut the door behind us. She called the hotel immediately Sunday evening and was told to call back the next day. I took over from that point on and called Monday morning and again Monday afternoon. I received a call back from the hotel only once on Monday evening. This was to tell me to call on Tuesday to speak with housekeeping. Called on Tuesday and was told the Housekeeping Mgr. was off until Wednesday at 9:00 and to call then. I did, left a message and had to call back again to be told the Ipod was not found in the room. No suprise, a pair of brown shoes left by another student in a different room were recovered.

I would never stay at this hotel again and would recommend others avoid it as well.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Alexis W, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Historic Area Inn, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Good afternoon,

I would like to thank you for the response regarding your recent stay. At the sametime I would like to apologize for the inconvienances you experienced while at the Best Western. We did receive claims of gas fumes during your stay and we immediately called Virginia Natural Gas. After precautionary procedures were suggested to our hotel by Virginia Natural Gas our front desk attempted to contact all rooms by phone. Virginia Natural Gas responded much faster than anticipated so we were unable to contact all guests. After an inspection was completed no leak of any kind was found.

We are not responsible for any items that may be left at the hotel. The hotel recovers lost items on a daily basis and we research each claim with the same urgency no matter how small or large the value of the item. We do hope that you will reconsider returning to the Best Western Williamsburg in the future since you found the hotel overall to be nice, Please contact me directly in the event that you decide to do so. Thank you and once again we apologize for the inconvienances you experienced during your stay.

Assistant Manager
Bill Saccardi
Best Western Historic Williamsburg
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Being in Williamsburg during spring break for public schools, the hotel had lots of young children and families so it was a bit noisy at times. The room size was good. It was clean and had a refrigerator and microwave. It was close to restaurants and a K-Mart if you need to pick up any last minute items. The breakfast was very crowded and probably could have used more staff to re-stock and clean the tables. Overall our experience was good.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Alexis W, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Historic Area Inn, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Thank you for your response concerning your stay at the Best Western Historic. Yes, spring break is challenging but we are pleased your stay was enjoyable. Hope to see you again soon.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Historic Area Inn? Share your experiences!