“Disappointed - where are the ham biscuits?” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Takeout, Dessert
Baltimore, Maryland
“Disappointed - where are the ham biscuits?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I have eaten here before and LOVE the small biscuits with ham. We look forward to them every time we travel to Williamsburg. Much to our dismay, the ham biscuits are not on the menu until 9/14! What's up with that? Other restaurants in the area have both ham and biscuits at this time of year! We had to settle for the barbecue sandwich and the roast beef sandwich - good, but nothing special. The restaurant itself needs work - it looks rather run down. Time to spruce it up a little and fix the issues with the ceiling. Not sure we will be back - maybe we will just carry out the ham biscuits from the carry out area.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Hillsborough, NJ
“Best Carrot Cake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stopped at The Carrot Tree for lunch while visiting Jamestown/Williamsburg because my husband LOVES carrot cake. It is definitely off the beaten path and does not look like much from the outside - it is an old motel converted into a restaurant - but don't let the appearance scare you off. They serve yummy sandwiches and salads, but the dessert is the star. My husband said it was the BEST carrot cake he has ever had. My daughter and I had cupcakes, which were delicious as well. This place is a great little find for lunch in the historic triangle.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Market, Maryland, United States
“Wrong order”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

This is a small cafe within the settlement so I wasn't expecting a gourmet meal but I was at least hoping that my order would be right since it wasn't complicated. We ordered the special that was on their blackboard which was supposed to be 2 tea sandwiches and a "carrot salad". Well, they gave us a few scoops of the meat but no bread so I pointed it out and they gave us the sandwiches with 2 slivers of carrots. I didn't even ask about the "carrot salad" as I was just glad to get something. The outside seating though is right on the James River so a great view.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gainesville, Florida
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

So glad we stopped at this place as it wasn't appealing from the outside. But the food was very good and loved the carrot cake! The chicken salad was so good that we ate it again a couple of days later when we were in Historic Jamestown.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
haddon Heights
“Great carrot cake, plus more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We always go to this small resturant when near Williamsburd. The menu prices are reasonable, the food is fresh and creative, The carrot cake is to die for. I just want to stop in and eat 2-3 pieces of carrot cake for lunch...but I would be setting a bad example for my kids...and I might have to share.

• Visited July 2013