“Great Place for A ROMANTIC GET-A-WAY” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Liberty Rose

Liberty Rose
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Williamsburg
Liberty Rose
You added Liberty Rose to your Saves list
1025 Jamestown Road, Williamsburg, VA 23185   |
Ranked #18 of 26 Williamsburg B&B and Inns
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Great Place for A ROMANTIC GET-A-WAY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My wife and I are both experienced travelers. We decided to stay at a B&B for our 29th anniversary rather than stay in a hotel. Good choice. We researched the B&B's around Williamsburg Virginia and chose the Liberty Rose. Great decision!

Sandi, the owner, is charming and attentive. She is also an extraordinary decorator. The Christmas themed settings were so detailed yet, not ever done, we spent an hout in the living room and another hour in our suite just admiring all the appointments We had a beautifully decorated tree beside of our bed. The food was great! The House was beautiful.

We had a lot of privacy. It was so romantic of a setting, we believe we will make it an anniversary tradition. We couldn't have had a more perfect experience.

Room Tip: No bad rooms. Ther's virtually nothing you could complain about in the Liberty Rose. Sandi has t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

This B&B was perhaps the most beautiful one I've ever stayed in. The furniture was superbly appointed, the bedrooms have ample towels, luxurious sheets and comfy pillows, robes, wine glasses, videos for the DVD player and several places to lounge. We couldn't have asked for anything more. The yard was gorgeous, and my daughter and I swung on the tree swing. We had two rooms--one for my husband and I and one for our daughter. We got a peek at all the other rooms and each was nicer than the next.

Although the breakfasts were beautifully prepared, they were a little heavy. Be prepared to ingest lots of fats and carbs (i.e. french toast made with croissants and bacon on the side.) Maybe its a Southern thing...

Sandy, the proprietress, was lovely and aims to please. This experience was of exceptional value.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Richmond, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

The house is beautiful with just a few rooms. Christmas decorations were going up, and things were warm and inviting. The room looked nice and the bathroom was very nice and roomy, cool clawfoot tub. Breakfast was great. Croissant french toast was delicious. Location is away from historic Williamsburg, not quite walking distance after all the walking one does at the Site. The But is that there was a dead animal in the walls of the room and the room smelled. The room should have been closed, not rented. This was Thanksgiving, 2010.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
louisville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

Beautiful and charming are the best words to describe this bed and breakfast. Our room was the Suite Williamburg considered the best room in the house but I took a peak at all the rooms and they were all beautiful. We stayed there just before Christmas and the whole house was decorated, we even a had Christmas tree in our room! Breakfast was delicous and different every day. Sandy was a knowledgable and friendly hostess. The only compaint is the mattress is a bit lumpy. Next vacation to Williamsburg we'll definitely stay there again!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Central Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

My husband and I stayed in the Savannah room (the smallest one?). Trying to treat ourselves while not going overboard with cost. We should have treated ourselves more to a larger room. Loved the decor and room, just missed having a shower. I am not a tub person and that is all that we had. We took a look at the room next door and it was amazing. As woman I loved the decor and atmosphere, my husband found it a bit too victorian for him but he was very happy that I was happy. Absolutely most comfortable bed and sheets, blankets we ever had. We had to go home and try to buy ones like them for our bed. Were able to watch movies in our room. Very quiet, never heard any noises in the house. Really first experience with a B&B and it changed my view of traveling, now I look for them. The food was outstanding, really felt we were eating at a 5 star place. Hostess, Sandi, was so friendly and helpful. Asked what we wanted for breakfast the next day and we loved that. Felt if we wanted to have something less gourmet (which thank goodness we didn't so it was so good), she would accommodate our request. Overall, stay here and treat yourself.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
Great Falls, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2010

My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary at the gorgeous Liberty Rose B&B. I could see as soon as I entered this intimate guest house that it had a designer's/decorated touch. So many special objets d'art everywhere -- and each one fitting the Victoriana atmosphere. The owner/hostess is a most charming and accommodating lady and serves a sumptious, delicious breakfast each morning. The menu is by the staircase the night before so you can leave her a note if there is something you don't like. She will arrange tickets to Williamsburg for you and will point you in all the right directions. The rooms are like suites and have an elegance befitting a special-occasion trip, yet the price is most reasonable. The garden is lovely and I can imagine a wedding there or some other special event. The B&B is conveniently located a few miles from the center of the colonial area and very close to the College of William and Mary. I cannot imagine a more wonderful place to stay while visiting Williamsburg and I recommend it most highly! from Lee-Alison Sibley, Great Falls, VA

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Toledo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2009

My wife & enjoyed our 28th wedding anniversary for 3 nights at this 4 bedroom B & B.
Each bedroom is decorated differently but elegantly. We stayed in the Suite Williamsburg which had a 4 poster antique canapy bed that was extremely comfortable. Our room/suite had two antique chairs, an antique sofa, a writing table, and a modern bathroom that had both a great shower and a claw bathtub. The decorations were fun, wimsicial, and arty. There is a TV and it is enclosed in a cabinet made to look like a doll house. There are no phones in any of the bedrooms. The B & B also had a living room with a piano and sofas, as well as, a sunroom where made to order breakfasts were served each morning. Sandi, the innkeeper, posts the breakfast alternatives the night before on a little stand in the foyer, and asks each guest to let her know if there is something else they would like. Since we stayed the first 3 days of October the house was decorated with some terrific Halloween dolls & decorations. Very artistic & wimsical. One other thing, Liberty Rose also has a great backyard & patio where my wife and I sat early each evening and shared wine, cheese, and the wonderful ambience. The B & B
is very conveniently located to Colonial Willamsburg and Jamestown. If you're looking
for a special and maybe romantic place to stay, you will be pleased you selected Liberty Rose.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Liberty Rose? Share your experiences!