“Good food, service and atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Description: New restaurant where south river grill was located
Description: New restaurant where south river grill was located
Oakville, Canada
“Good food, service and atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

We had dinner here while stopping overnight at the Comfort Inn next door. It's good Mexican food, not at all greasy and at an affordable price. We both had a vegetarian dish, Sonora in my case and my partner had spinach enchiladas. Both were well prepared and tasty. I asked for a side salad half way through dinner, guacamole and it was also good. Price for us both with a couple of imported draft beers was around $30. It was busy but the service was just fine. They also do a table side guacamole, which we saw prepared but did not have. If you like Mexican, this place should be to your liking. It made me want to speak Spanish.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Stafford, Virginia
“Yum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed across the street at the Holiday Inn (which was phenomenal). This restaurant was very convenient, quick service and good food for a good price.

Visited September 2012
Nicholasville KY
“what a surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

First time I have ever been to an upscale Mexican restaurant. My husband and I went there because we were traveling. I was kind of put off by the prices at first, until we got our food. I paid 9.99 for a tamale and enchilada platter. The tamales were the best I have ever had. They were moist and flavorful without the overbearing taste of corn. Fantastic. The rice, fuggetabout it. OMG that is the best Mexican rice I have ever had. It was hot, fluffy, and had a nutty flavor. Usually I skip over the rice, but I ate it all. This place is fantastic. My husband got a burrito and it was HUGE!! The service was great and we will return next year.

Visited September 2012
Greenville, SC
“Great Mexican Food and Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I travel on business. This restaurant is across the street from Holiday Inn Express Waynesboro. I sat at bar - good selection of drafts (about 12 taps) with half of them being microbrews. I chose the local Vienna lager - tasty. The prices were reasonable (about $4 for a 22 oz mug of specialty beer).

I ordered dinner and the food and service was excellent. the chef forgot the pico de gallo on my chicken and bean burrito, but when I let them know they rectified it immediately. The bartender was extremely attentive also, even with a crowded bar.

Yes I will go back again when staying at the Holiday Inn express in Waynesboro.VA

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tampa
“Absolutely DELICIOSO and PERFECTO in every way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express just across the street and was so grateful to find Plaza Azteca just steps from my hotel room. This place is the real deal. I lived in Mexico and haven't had food and a Mexican restaurant ambiance this authentic since my time abroad. It was really wonderful. I highly recommend the table-side guacamole appetizer (it is huge -- big enough for four people) and the chicken and shrimp fajitas were absolutely delicious. Their rice that came with the fajitas was also particularly noteworthy-- really, really tasty which surprised me because I usually don't care for mexican rice out at restaurants. Plaza Azteca really did it right though and I was thoroughly impressed with the entire experience-- the decor, the service, the food, the atmosphere, and the amazing mariachi band! Amazing! Please do yourself a favor and don't miss out on this restaurant the next time you are in Waynesboro!!!

Visited August 2012