“Summer 2013” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 Waynesboro B&B and Inns
Gambrills, MD
“Summer 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

My girlfriend, Lorena & I had a wonderful time together here! Very professional, yet warm & inviting Inn. Complimentary wine was delicious and it was even more perfect as we sat outside on the upper decks in amazingly, comfortable chairs and watched an evening thunderstorm off in the distance across the Shenandoah Valley. We can't wait to return!!!

442 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

My boyfriend and I just returned from Shenandoah Valley where we stayed at two different B&Bs but the Iris Inn was our favorite. We stayed in the Hawk's Nest suite and were blown away by how elements of nature were combined with modern amenities. The decor in our suite was amazing and luxurious and we loved the art in the main building. We enjoyed the outdoor hot tub and watching the sun set over Shenandoah Valley from the Inn's tower was spectacular.

Heidi and Dave were wonderful proprietors, perfectly friendly and warm while not over-bearing. They were most knowledgeable about things to do in the area and cooked wonderful breakfasts every morning. Heidi even made me special scones, catering to my food allergies. The evening casual wine tastings and bottomless cookie jars were a treat.

I highly recommend Iris Inn and will definitely be returning. Our stay was wonderful, relaxing warm and magical.

Lynchburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My wife and I celebrated our 15th anniversary by staying at the Iris Inn. What a treat! The owners have thought out every detail in constructing the cabins. You will love them. Can't speak to the other rooms, but the cabins are just amazing. Hot tub on the private deck, wifi, fridge, dishwasher, washer/dryer, walk in shower with 2 showerheads (one on the wall, one up above), comfy bed and couch, screened in patio with gorgeous views of Waynesboro (cabin 5). If you book the week of you might be able to get a one night deal like we did.

Room Tip: I think cabin 5 has the best view
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and I just visited the Iris Inn this past July 4th weekend and we absolutely LOVED it. We stayed in a couples cabin (#5). The Iris Inn had everything that we were looking for - it is tucked away in a very quiet, calm and serene setting, overlooking the Shenandoah Valley. At the same time, the facilities of the cabin are very new and modern: large space, clean and quality linens, granite countertops, flatscreen TV, a great double recliner (we want to get one of these, too for our own home!) and our favorite part: a spacious balcony, equipped with a couple of chairs and a wonderful hot tub with the most incredible view of the valley. We spent one of our nights just sipping wine and enjoying the sunset. What's great about the balcony is that there is a mosquito net around the whole area, so you don't have to worry about pesky little bugs getting in.

Breakfast each morning was delicious and the service was excellent. Everyone there, from Dave & Heidi the innkeepers, to their staff, and even to fellow lodgers, were extremely warm, friendly, and really just genuine people.

We HIGHLY recommend this B&B to anyone looking for a place to stay while in the Shenandoah area. It is in a great location, just a few miles from the entrance into the south district of Shenandoah Valley, and in close proximity to a number of great breweries and wineries. It was truly the perfect getaway for my husband and I, who normally live in the hustle & bustle of Washington, DC. We loved the Iris Inn. We will be back!

Room Tip: We think Cabins #4 and #5 probably have the best views. It seemed like trees might have obscured th...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Living in central Virginia it gets hot in the summer. The Charlottesville/Waynesboro area is 45 mins to an hour or so away, and is a great place to cool off. This year my wife and I recently stayed at the Iris Inn for our Anniversary. The Inn is fantastic. We were first timers. The Landford family has created a relaxing retreat in the cool Shenandoah mountains. Beth the Inn manager was great at making us feel welcome and take care of anything we might need. The breakfast in the "great room" was tremendous and healthy. A few days we ate out on the back deck overlooking the woods and garden. The rooms are well appointed as they say with King beds(we stayed in the Duck Room) with fresh linens, a roomy bathroom with bathrobes, flat screen tv (though with the views outside I recommend the large porch or hammock). It's more of a suite than bed and bath like most hotels or b&bs.

The location is a key ingredient to the Iris Inn experience. Waynesboro is a beautiful small town with great restaurants, a river that flows through town (it's where the VA Fly Fishing Festival happens in the Spring). The P Buckley Moss museum is close by. There may be as many as 50 wineries within 30-45 minute drive. This trip we went to King Family & delfosse wineries, which I would highly recommend. We also took a short drive to Sherando Lake in the George Washington National Forest. Gorgeous lake surrounded by mountains. It's stunning. One evening we went to old town Staunton to have dinner. All of these are within easy reach of the Iris Inn.

When we return the Iris Inn we may stay in the cabins, which are newly built in 2012. A great place to get away and relax. There were a few folks working, which I would think could prove to be very productive. The pluses of this inn are overwhelming and make the Iris a great value and a fun place to take it easy.

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed great, but I really enjoyed the first floor room(Duck) with porches, Adirondack...
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

A wonderful inn. Stayed in cabin 4, which has fantastic views. I think that all of the cabins probably have the same nice, modern, design. Very well appointed. Dave and Heidi are friendly hosts, and breakfast was excellent. Best B&B I've ever stayed at.

Lynchburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I spent the weekend at The Iris Inn to celebrate our anniversary. From the second we drove onto the property the stress of everyday life began to melt away. The Iris Inn is beautiful and the view into the valley breathtaking. We were greeted by Dave and Heidi as if we were old friends and we felt as if we had made lifelong friends when we departed. Dave and Heidi are also quite knowledgeable about the area. The recommendations they made for wineries, micro-breweries, local sights, and restaurants were exactly what we were looking for. Our room was lovely and had a fabulous view. It is impecably decorated and every needed amenity is available. Our stay could not have been more enjoyable and we have already begun thinking about our next visit. I would highly recommend The Iris Inn.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Iris Inn? Share your experiences!