“You will find several must buy wines here” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 5 Attractions in Waterford
Type: Wineries, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: 8 Chains North is a family-owned and -operated farm winery located in the town of Waterford in picturesque Loudoun County, Virginia. Owner and Winegrower Ben Renshaw's careful attention to viticulture reveals itself in our old-world-stylewines -- rich, dry reds with supple tannins, and crisp, dry whites with lovely acidity. Come visit us in our spacious, comfortable Tasting Room and enjoy two tasting options -- wines only, or wines paired with handcrafted chocolate truffles. Take a seat on the patio overlooking the vineyard, or in cooler weather, warm up by the fireplace inside. We offer a lite fare menu or you may bring your own picnic. We welcome groups before 2:00 pm with reservations and can accommodate limos and buses. 8 Chains North is pleased to welcome your well-behaved children and dogs.
Baltimore
9 attraction reviews
“You will find several must buy wines here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Any time I pull up to 8 Chains North, I know my wine rack will be stocked. This small winery may not look majestic from the outside, but what is poured into each glass will delight you. I rarely buy more than a few bottles during each trip, but the Loco Vino, Furnance Mountain Red and Otium are some of the best Virginia wines I've had. Every employee that we have come across has been friendly and knowledgable. It is a very low key and non pressured atmosphere. Stop on in if you are in the area!

Visited November 2011

Reston, Virginia
9 attraction reviews
“Just Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

This place is eclectic, in a good way. The decor is strange but interesting, as is the story of the name and the the description of the items inside. The wines are decent, I liked at least 2 of them (I'm a frequent visitor of Loudoun County wineries). I don't know that I would make it a destination though.

Visited July 2012
Alexandria, Virginia
“Wonderful Winery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

My girlsfriends and I visited several wineries in Virginia. This one was the best. Christa, who gave us our wine tasting, was wonderful. She gave us detailed explanations about the wines and was lovely to talk to. The property is beautiful. I can't wait to go back and take my husband.

Visited March 2012
Northern Virginia
15 attraction reviews
“Small delightful vineyard”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

These guys are good, really good and we are really picky.

Chesapeake, VA
6 attraction reviews
“A must visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

8 Chains was a really nice winery. Our server was Dan the man and he made the experience very enjoyable. The day of our visit out on the covered patio there was a performer and wine tastings as well as inside the winery. I would diffently recommend a visit to this winery if you are in the area.

Visited November 2011