“A special night” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Washington
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Eclectic
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: A 5 Star, 5 Diamond country house hotel retreat, The Inn at Little Washington presents exquisite American Cuisine with a French influence in a charming and sophisticated dining room. The sumptuous award-winning cuisine is accompanied by a Wine Spectator Grand Award wine cellar with over 2,500 selections.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A special night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

For the price and reputation we expected this to be the best meal we ever had. It wasn't, but it was close. The service and food presentation were excellent. Unfortunately my first course (palm salad), I didn't care for. I have an aversion to cilantro and always make sure to stay away from any food item that includes it. Well, it wasn't listed in the list of ingredients and my first big bite - there it was. Ugh. For a restaurant of this caliber, I would have expected to be offered an alternative first course, but wasn't. That was disappointing. Beyond the first course, the remaining courses were delicious. A customized menu congratulating my husband and congratulations again written in chocolate on an edible banner amidst his '7 deadly sins' dessert were great touches. Although we have had equally delicious meals at other restaurants for half the price of the $530 we paid here, we are glad we had the experience. It was a special night.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Delaware
“Excellent meal and experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Eat here if you can afford it. The food, presentation, service and ambience are all nothing short of extraordinary. The gastronaut's menu for two of us came to $700 with 2 glasses of wine and tip. The regular dinner is somewhat cheaper. Yes, it's expensive, however, we came away thinking it was an amazing meal, not how expensive it was. The staff makes you feel welcome. Well worth the experience!

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Greatest meal ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Took my wife there for our anniversary and were greeted by name in parking lot. how they knew who we were i have no idea since there were others around but that was fantastic. Seated at primo table inside but overlooking the garden. Our server Jess was incredible and friendly but not too familiar. All the w
wait staff tripping over themselves almost to make sure we had what we needed and wanted. All the food was out of this world great and we never wanted the meal to end. Artistry and taste of the dessert unreal. 1st time ive ever had a 3 hour meal which felt like 1. We got small tour of the kitchen after meal - be sure to get that if you can.

Visited July 2013
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“Memorable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This was our first time at this charming restaurant--and we dined in the kitchen. I don't want to ruin the surprise for first timers, but suffice it to say, the entrance into the kitchen is nothing short of GRAND. The food and service were the best we've ever had. I cannot even recall when my water glass was refilled, it was that subtle. I have lots of food allergies, which I forgot to communicate to the restaurant until we sat down. The server accepted my list and accommodations were made with no fuss. Can't wait for our next meal there. Ask for Chris. He is funny and just a touch sassy. My kind of guy!

Hudson, Ohio
“Great expectations.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have known about The Inn at Little Washington for years and have been waiting for an opportunity to pay a visit. When my daughter gave birth to our first grandson in Northern Virginia, my wife and I found ourselves in the area and we booked a table. We had great expectations, and they were met in almost every way.
After some discussion we decided on the Gastronaut Menu paired with wines.
Throughout the evening the staff was gracious and attentive, without being overbearing. The attention to detail by the kitchen was evident in every course. The food was cooked to perfection, with balanced flavors and beautiful presentation. The wine pairings were matched excellently with selections featuring little known varietals and producers that will broaden the horizon of any oenophile.
There were a couple of hiccups with courses that were not timed perfectly and wine pairings that did not arrive with the intended course, but these were quickly rectified and did not detract in a significant way from our outstanding meal.
Fortunately we stayed at an inn a couple blocks away as we were in need of a little walk after a night of lots of great food and wine.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere