“The utmost food experience” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Eclectic
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A 5 Star, 5 Diamond country house hotel retreat, The Inn at Little Washington presents exquisite American Cuisine with a French influence in a charming and sophisticated dining room. The sumptuous award-winning cuisine is accompanied by a Wine Spectator Grand Award wine cellar with over 2,500 selections.
Culpeper, Virginia
“The utmost food experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Even before you visit the Inn the staff makes a point to find out who is coming so from the moment you arrive everyone knows who you are, we were welcome by the valet attendant and entered into the beautiful setting of the Inn after giving our coats to the gracious hostess. We sat and were given menu with our name printed on the front and which we given to us as a souvenir when we left. The food is out of the world and Patrick and his team have truly mastered the art of food to a point that I would say few French restaurants can come close to this perfection. The food is mostly local and all ingredients well balanced and carefully orchestrated on the plate and delivered with grace by the staff. The crew anticipates all your needs in advance and this is rare in a restaurant. You must try their cheese selection and talk to the cheese whizz who is amazing !One of the head staff recognized us (he is a customer) and arranged for a tour of the kitchen which blew away this food lover born and raised in France. The final touch was the fact that our car was waiting with the engine running and already warmed up for us and ready to leave the restaurant. For sure the Inn is not for all purses as it is not inexpensive and yet for a special occasion why not experience the "Nec plus Ultra" in the food world.

• Visited January 2013

Alexandria, Virginny, USandA
“Expensive, But Worth It”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

For a weekend stay at the Inn, ate dinner at the Inn on a Friday and Saturday night. Both were the most expensive meals I have ever had in my life, but well worth it.

Recommend you ask for a table against a wall, ideally on the outside of the building, as there is a lot of movement in the restaurant, and our first meal had my chair bumped into a number of times by the staff. The second meal was at the front windows, and was much more peaceful and better.

The food is magnificent, as are the drinks. The first night my wife and I went with wine, and we're not serious wine specialists, so the staff was understanding and helpful, helping us pick what we wanted, rather than treating us like tourists and making selections for us. That meant a lot. The second night we went with beer selections, which were magnificent.

Service: this is not ultra-heavy and intensive service like some may expect, with the waiters placing your napkin in your lap, and your water glass refilled after every sip. The staff is much more hands-off, yet fully attentive. The approach here is more about the food and drink, than going out of their way to show to you how great they are.

The food was wonderful. Without a doubt, it was the best tenderloin of beef I've ever had in my life. Also went with lobster and some other selections, and they were excellent. Both nights I went with the cheese selection for dessert, and the Cheez Guy, complete with his rolling cow sculpture table, was thoroughly enjoyable, impeccably knowledgeable, and helped us picked cheeses which we would enjoy, and did.

Bottom line: this was a wonderflu splurge for my wife's birthday, and was a fantastic memory for the two of us to share. It's very expensive, but well worth the time it takes to get there, and the money you're spending.

Visited January 2013
Culpeper
“World famous hide away restuarant with FOUR STAR everything!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is plush, fine dining like the best of the big cities, except it's so far out in the country you think you'll never find it. The town is tiny, the taste is big and the prices match. Recommended for those with money to spend. Not for bargain hunters. More for special occasions than for a night on the town. Did I forget to mention it's expensive? Well if you got it, this is where the food will match your big buck dinner check.

Visited August 2012
Kaiserslautern, Germany
“Simply the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I dined at this restaurant for our anniversary. It was the best dining experience of our lives. The service is impeccable, the atmosphere full of little touches and every bite was among the best tastes of our lives. Absolutely wonderful!

“Always a treat!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My husband and I have been lucky enough to dine at The Inn at Little Washington twice! We went once for our anniversary a couple of years ago and again for a birthday celebration recently. We got there a bit early and relaxed in the bar with a couple of drinks (I highly recommend the Cherry Bomb).

Once seated you are greeted by personalized menus, a small but lovely touch. The guests begin with a delicious amuse bouche and often a soup "shot" - I have had two different ones and they are amazing. For dinner your whole table may select the chef's menu of the day or individually you may select à la carte courses. I have included some photos of some of our favorite dishes from this recent visit: lamb carpaccio, squab, blackened tenderloin and the pecan pie ice cream sandwich. Everything was delectable!

If you would like to try a variety of wines you can request a wine pairing with your meal, the sommelier will review your dinner selections and pair accordingly or you may select a bottle of your own from their range of lovely wines. The service is absolutely impeccable - they are attentive without hovering, which is great! One could not ask for better staff.

I have read some negative comments regarding service, only being helpful to "richer" looking people, super pretentious etc... I don't believe this to be the case. If you are entertaining this establishment you are a foodie looking for a special experience. Twice I have been there and I have spoken with several other couples who have been more than once and NEVER have they witnessed poor treatment of guests - and it is intimate environment it would not be missed if it occurred, in my opinion. Please don't be deterred by these statements, it is such a wonderful experience and I recommend trying it at least once!

• Visited December 2012