“A wonderful getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Parma in Little Washington

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Washington
Parma in Little Washington
You added Parma in Little Washington to your Saves list
105 Christmas Tree Lane, Washington, VA 22747   |
Ranked #8 of 10 Washington B&B and Inns
Sterling, Virginia
“A wonderful getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

We stayed 2 nights in the Tapestry room at Parma and it was a wonderful experience! The view from the Inn is incredible! Ann and Janet were so warm and welcoming and they catered to every need or desire. The three course breakfasts were to die for! One morning we had a huge beautiful plate of fresh fruit, followed by eggs with fresh herbs, freshly made sausage, home fries and Ann's amazing jalapeno-cheddar biscuits, followed by an indrecibly lightest waffle with peaches and fresh whipped cream on top. I will always remember that breakfast. Janet and Ann include special touches that make you feel so welcome, like sherry and homemade cookies in your room. Things to see and do in the area include Luray Caverns, several wineries, Skyline Drive and many antique shops. It was the perfect quiet getaway from all the chaos of the city. When we went to Parma, it was still fairly new. I would love to see this place eventually have a Jacuzzi and perhaps a pool. Having that amazing view while sitting in a Jacuzzi sipping local wine would be superb!

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Saint Charles, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Ann & Janet are very passionate about this B&B. They devote their attention to what you want and then help you with the discovery of the area. The breakfasts are amazing, more delicious food than you can imagine! The spring rolls served at our arrival were scrumptous! Truly Ann & Janet know how to engage their guests and you feel like you have known them for many years. I highly recommend this place for a relaxing get away!

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

We would highly recommend this wonderful b&b. The views are spectacular and the inn is well located near lots of local wineries. Ann and Janet do a fantastic job of making guests feel at-home - from the warm welcome to the homemade cookies and sherry. The breakfast was delicious, with fresh fruit, french toast and sausage and vegetarians are taken care of too. Well worth the short drive from Washington DC.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Ann and Janet are absolutely amazing. From the moment we arrived we were skillfully hosted and engaged an a rich history of the area, the local attractions and the Inn. Ann is simply an amazing individual who's experience really shines through. She seems to know what you need and what you want to do before you even do! She really has a knack for knowing just when to appear with something you need be it food, drink or information, and then also knowing when you just want some quite time to reflect and soak up the amazing views! Speaking of which, the views are absolutely amazing with the sunset and sunrise not to be missed if you can! Also I should note that the breakfasts Ann cooks are simply astonishing! Her 30+ years of experience in the B&B field shine through in the simply amazing meals she prepares using herbs she's grown at the inn with only the freshest other ingredients. Speaking of amazing food.. If Janet has some of her spring rolls around ask, beg and plead for some as they are out of this world good and the best I've ever had. My only minor complaint would be the scheduling for spa services. The spa services are actually scheduled and ran out of the Tyson's office. They seem to be very disconnected and not coordinated in ensuring the customers (and the inn I think) are getting up to date information about the services and the guests. I called to inform the spa that my fiance and I would be a little late. I was informed I wasn't in the spa schedule! I said there must be a mistake and demanded they check it. They did and called back and stated they had found my appointment in another book or something. Simply unacceptable. To Ann's credit she apologized for the spa profusely and while I was there I witnesses here resolving many of the issues which were not caused by her hand with grace and a focus on the customer. Finally the decor inside the inn is something of a mystery.. I'm not sure what the designer was shooting for but it is a mishmash of Victorian, french, Indian, medieval and rugged mountain design. Certainly unique and not a deal breaker, but you'll find yourself wondering about some of the decorations from time to time. My fiance and I will be back again very soon to visit Ann and Janet. They make you feel like the place is your second home. The area is also great for those who enjoy vineyards, amazing views and southern hospitality. Ann and Janet keep up the amazing job your doing and tell the decorator and the spa person to keep improving as they have some ground to cover.

Room Tip: The large room is great but be careful as it has only a tub and no shower head.
maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Highly reccommend. I went to visit to get a spa treatment and to relax. This is a very nice place and I would reccommend it to the Washingtonian who needs a weekend getaway.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I just wrapped up a lovely two night stay at the Parma Inn...Ann, our hostess, was extraordinary. From the moment we arrived (she met us as we pulled up) until our hugs good-bye she was attentive, gracious and so very accommodating.
Enjoying the gourmet breakfasts with the most spectacular, panoramic views of the Shenandoahs was the very best way to begin a day.

Janet took care of every little detail in our immaculate, well appointed room.

Another highlight was my massage with Melanie – blissful.

Thank you all, I can hardly wait to return this fall!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

There are a lot of B&Bs in the Washington VA area, so when we were looking for a place to go for the weekend, I called and spoke with the innkeepers because I wanted some place special. I chose the right place with Parma in Little Washington. From the moment I spoke with Ann, I knew which place to go. It was like she was inviting us to come spend the weekend in her house where she got to show us all of the things she loves about her home and the area we were visiting. Southern hospitality at its finest with a gracious innkeeper and Janet, her always helpful assistant. Ann is a great cook with Belgium waffles one morning and a wonderful mexican breakfast casserole the next. A couple of guest did not want that and without any problems she whipped up french toast for them!

Ideally located for probably the best views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, the Inn is beautiful. We had the master suite, which is a new definition of being spoiled. I do wish it had a shower, but for the size of the room, the convenience to the wonderful patio & screened in porch for both morning and afternoon sun, it was absolutely ok.

We did spoil ourselves with a massage and facials. As it should be in a spa, they were wonderful!

I am pretty sure we will be booking a return trip for the fall since I would love to see the views with the trees lit up with fall colors. I can't wait to see Ann again... she truly is one of the best reasons to go to Parma...southern hospitality with a gracious hostess!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Parma in Little Washington? Share your experiences!