I booked our stay on the Inn’s Internet site. I specified that it was my wife’s birthday. I received confirming emails and a phone call. From the time we arrived we were treated like special guests. It was refreshing how attentive and detail oriented the staff were. Once we arrived, our car and belongings were whisked away and we were treated to cocktails and a tour of the Inn. We were escorted past the crackling fireplace to our room, which had been upgraded to Room #10. There was a hand written note from Chef/Proprietor Patrick O’Connell on the table. There were fresh flowers everywhere at the Inn. Beautiful! (Watched the history of the Inn on the big screen in the room.) At 7 pm we went down for drinks. Well stocked bar. At precisely 7:30 pm we were taken to our table. Both menus were pre-printed with my wife’s name and happy birthday! We ordered tuna and oysters, foie gras and scallops, and sea bass and sweetbreads. There were two other courses. We anticipated that this would be the best meal of our lives. It was without a doubt the best meal ever! We ordered foods we have had never tasted before! Awesome! The taste, the presentation, the portions were absolute perfection! The staff magically appeared at the appropriate times. Great wine suggestions! Who knew what to order with sweetbreads? They know! The deserts were pleasing to the eye and the pallet. Two hours. Our overnight stay was over the top! I cannot write this without mentioning the staff. They were professional, took care our every need, and most importantly, were very nice. Thank you Inn at Little Washington for creating an unforgettable memory for my wife and I!
- Also Known As:
- The Inn At Little Washington Hotel
- The Inn At Little Washington Hotel Washington
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in the small town of Washington, Virginia, The Inn at Little Washington is the only Double Forbes Five Star, Double AAA Five Diamond property in the Washington metro area. The Inn's eighteen bedrooms and suites are sumptuous hideaways created by Joyce Evans, a London stage and set designer, for whom The Inn has become a life's work. Many of the furnishings were purchased in England, numbered and shipped to Virginia to be assembled on site like a giant jigsaw puzzle. The Inn offers a range of accommodations from well-appointed rooms to luxurious, two story suites many with balconies and garden views. The Inn's dining rooms are pure fantasy - a wondrous cocoon of luxury. Rose-colored, silk lampshades float above each table creating a private, romantic world below. Chef/Proprietor Patrick O'Connell's creations arrive as if served by invisible hands, course after course more dazzling than the last. From the award-winning 14,000 bottle wine cellar, which includes the finest offerings from Bordeaux, Burgundy, California and Virginia, the Sommelier plays matchmaker between you, your dinner and the wine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Otel and Hotels.com so you can book your The Inn at Little Washington reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.