“Exactly what I needed” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Warrenton
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, United States
“Exactly what I needed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Warrenton, VA during a short trip. The reason I'm writing the review is because the lady that checked me into the hotel was awesome. She not only told me a lot about the area, but made sure that I was comfortable and had everything I needed for an enjoyable stay. I wish I would have caught her name, but I checked in late - after 10:00pm on January 3rd and would like to extend my thanks on making it such a wonderful experience.

In regards to the room - it was perfect. The beds were so comfortable, I really was able to make myself right at home. I don't generally get nights to myself, so it was definitely a relaxing break from the norm. The room was clean and inviting. In the morning, the breakfast was just what I needed. The pancake machine was really neat, and (honestly, to my surprise) delicious! The noon checkout gave me more than enough time to gather my things and leave.

My only complaint would be in regards to the price - it was a bit more expensive than where I usually stay, but the quality wasn't noticably different. The breakfast added to it, but it doesn't make or break the stay for me. However, the customer service was spectacular and the cheaper alternatives are a bit of a drive away, so it was a really great option. I'll definitely look to stay here again during my next trip to VA.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
GM_H0lidayInnExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Warrenton, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Laura F.,

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel and your positive review of us. Reviews like yours are very important to us as they validate the hard work our staff puts in every day. We take great pride in the quality of our facilities and staff and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Milan Patnaik

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Marietta, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I arrived early afternoon for a 10 hour stay ,somewhat awkward to get to with a semi truck once there found ample room to manuever and park truck..the price was $8.00 over what I am usually alotted for a 10 hour stay I tried to negotiate the price (nine times out of ten dropping a few dollars is not a problem ) didnt happen here no negotiating..also i was not welcomed as a priority club member (most places do this and offer a small goody bag and water for being a loyal member) not here..on my way to the room I was not overly impressed with the service I had recieved thus far..got to room and was impressed for an older facility it was very well taken care of and extremely clean, one thing that I was really impressed with was a paper to fill out if leaving early they would put together a breakfast bag for you to take with your choices in it..I wish others would do this due to me leaving at midnight I usually dont get any form of breakfast(Hampton Inns are an exeption)..anyway I filled out the paper and took the the desk and to my suprise they were two other ladies there that were over the top freindly( maybe trying to make up for the first girl)..anyway room was great,clean,well lit comfy bed and good water pressure, checked out shortly after midnight I was greeted by another freindly lady that had my breakfast bag waiting...all in all I started out with a bad first impression but afterwards all went great..I would probably stay here again if Im back in the area but would call ahead and try to get manager to work with my per diem ..i can understand in the summer when they are running full but I dont see where $8.00 would break them up in the winter when they are not sold out.....

Room Tip: top floor was nice and quiet for a day sleeper..
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
GM_H0lidayInnExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Warrenton, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear teamster175,

Thank you for rating us as high as you did on your latest TripAdvisor review of our hotel. We do take great strides in our operations to ensure that hotel maintains a clean and up to date appearance. Please understand that our front desk staff do not negotiate rates because we pride ourselves on having rate integrity. Our philosphy is no suprises. What you agreed to pay either online at www.stayinwarrenton.com or via phone (540) 341-3461 is what you pay and in turn you can confidently expect that we will hold up to our end of the bargain: clean accommodations and an efficient and friendly staff. Thanks again!

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The Warrenton Holiday Inn Express is an outstanding facility - clean, comfortable, hospitable, and reasonable. Service is excellent and the staff is responsive, helpful, and very alert. From the moment I registered till the moment I checked out, I was made to feel like I was a very special guest. So was everyone else.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dear Joe R.,

Thank you for mentioning us on your TripAdivsor review. We really appreciate all the positive comments you have shared. We pride ourselves on being the cleanest, most comfortable, friendly hotel in Fauquier County. We are so happy we made you feel special while staying with us. Thanks again!

HHI, SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

When staying in Warrenton there is a limited number of hotel options. This is a clean hotel but the beds need to be updated. The staff is friendly. Location is good whether your going in to Old Town or the newer area of Warrenton.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
GM_H0lidayInnExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Warrenton, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear sghhisc,

Thank you for your most recent post on TripAdvisor about our beautiful hotel in Warrenton, VA. Our hotel was built in 2004 but most guests think our hotel is only 2-3 years old because of the care all of our team members put in maintaining the facility. In 2014 we are scheduled to renovate our guest rooms and public areas for a more fresh and up to date appearance. I agree with you in saying that while staying in the Fauquier County area, our hotel is the Best Option.

Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

This HI Express was one of the best i've stayed in. The room and hotel was very clean and the staff was very nice and professional. The location is excellent. Very close to the Old Town area and an easy drive to Skyline Drive in Shenandoah. An extra perk is that I was able to bring my pet. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
GM_H0lidayInnExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Warrenton, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Mybincs,

Thanks for rating us one of the best Holiday Inn Express's you have ever stayed at! We pride ourselves on cleanliness and having the best staff in the Warrenton, VA area. We welcome all pets since we know that pets are an important part of lives. Thanks again for giving us such a great review.

Take care,
Ellijay, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Very clean and nice. Although I did not partake, their free breakfast included scrambled eggs, bacon, fresh fruit, juices, muffins, assorted cereals, oatmeal, etc. It seemed quite nice. The room was clean and comfortable. They did have rooms at the Government per diem. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Bugzboy,

Thank you posting your remarks about the hotel on TripAdvisor. We truly do pride ourselves on being a very clean and comfortable establishment. It's too bad you did not take part of our breakfast - it is very extensive and delicious!

Thanks again,
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

The hotel was in a good location. The staff was friendly and attentive. The room was clean and in good condition. Not far from the downtown area, a mile or so. Nice shops and resturaunts in town. We stayed on the 3rd floor, right above the outdoor pool. No problems with noise (from the pool or the highway). The breakfast fare was somewhat limited, but was well stocked, and well attended by the staff. Parking was ample and complimentary. I would recommend this hotel for business or the family.

Room Tip: Third floor was quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear d123_12,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We really appreciate the high marks you gave us. We believe that great customer service, a clean and working room, and high quality products are the recipe for all of our guests to have a wonderful experience.

Thanks again,
Milan Patnaik

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Warrenton? Share your experiences!