“Best option” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Warrenton
HHI, SC
“Best option”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

When staying in Warrenton there is a limited number of hotel options. This is a clean hotel but the beds need to be updated. The staff is friendly. Location is good whether your going in to Old Town or the newer area of Warrenton.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
GM_H0lidayInnExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Warrenton, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear sghhisc,

Thank you for your most recent post on TripAdvisor about our beautiful hotel in Warrenton, VA. Our hotel was built in 2004 but most guests think our hotel is only 2-3 years old because of the care all of our team members put in maintaining the facility. In 2014 we are scheduled to renovate our guest rooms and public areas for a more fresh and up to date appearance. I agree with you in saying that while staying in the Fauquier County area, our hotel is the Best Option.

Milan Patnaik

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

This HI Express was one of the best i've stayed in. The room and hotel was very clean and the staff was very nice and professional. The location is excellent. Very close to the Old Town area and an easy drive to Skyline Drive in Shenandoah. An extra perk is that I was able to bring my pet. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
GM_H0lidayInnExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Warrenton, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Mybincs,

Thanks for rating us one of the best Holiday Inn Express's you have ever stayed at! We pride ourselves on cleanliness and having the best staff in the Warrenton, VA area. We welcome all pets since we know that pets are an important part of lives. Thanks again for giving us such a great review.

Take care,
Ellijay, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Very clean and nice. Although I did not partake, their free breakfast included scrambled eggs, bacon, fresh fruit, juices, muffins, assorted cereals, oatmeal, etc. It seemed quite nice. The room was clean and comfortable. They did have rooms at the Government per diem. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Bugzboy,

Thank you posting your remarks about the hotel on TripAdvisor. We truly do pride ourselves on being a very clean and comfortable establishment. It's too bad you did not take part of our breakfast - it is very extensive and delicious!

Thanks again,
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

The hotel was in a good location. The staff was friendly and attentive. The room was clean and in good condition. Not far from the downtown area, a mile or so. Nice shops and resturaunts in town. We stayed on the 3rd floor, right above the outdoor pool. No problems with noise (from the pool or the highway). The breakfast fare was somewhat limited, but was well stocked, and well attended by the staff. Parking was ample and complimentary. I would recommend this hotel for business or the family.

Room Tip: Third floor was quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear d123_12,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We really appreciate the high marks you gave us. We believe that great customer service, a clean and working room, and high quality products are the recipe for all of our guests to have a wonderful experience.

Thanks again,
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

My stay at the Holiday Inn Express Warrenton was acceptable as far as what I expected from staying in a chain hotel of this size, though details kept this from being a place I'd recommend. The big benefit, I imagine, for many visitors is that pets are welcome here and we saw a few canines enjoying this rare perk.

We stayed here for a wedding wedding where all events were being held about thirty minutes south at Kelly's Ford, though the couple had secured a reduced wedding rate for this particular hotel. Our room was on the ground floor, which always has me a bit paranoid, as the front hotel walkway was directly outside of the windows and the drapes didn't exactly close completely without some help from a bobby pin. The room was clean, with a good number of electrical sockets and an iron/ironing board provided, as well as a hair dryer. The cleaning staff was quite pleasant, though the greeters working the front desk rarely smiled, whether that was when we checked in or when we requested WiFi information -- which, by the way, does not work terribly well in the rooms but works fine in the breakfast area. I didn't even look at the pool as my significant (in his wandering) other reported back that it was poorly situated, sticking out in to the back parking lot with an iron gate around it. Breakfast was nice and tidy, though, with several food options and some too-sugary-to-be-good-for-you-but-quite-tasty sticky buns.

Already I thought the room in general felt somewhat damp (then again, we were in Virginia during a rather wet weekend, so I was somewhat forgiving on this point), but the bathroom was a bit of a death trap. Even if you closed the bathroom door, the draft would still blow the flimsy shower curtain to the degree that inevitably the room flooded from shower (which was rather thin anyway) before you even realized the curtain had been blown aside. On top of that, all the condensation from even a warm shower in the damp atmosphere of the bathroom/room made the floors exceedingly slick. I nearly slipped and fell several times before I just covered the whole tile floor in towels. Also, it was slightly annoying that the large mirror over the sink and counter-top didn't line up with the sink -- I had to shuffle to the right to fully see myself in the mirror when using the sink and that involved actual shuffling, as I was standing on a towel so I wasn't on the slippery floor. At least the water pressure in the shower was heavenly.

Parking was plentiful, though to get to this Holiday Inn, you have to drive a bit through some twisting commercial/planned community areas to reach it -- and it's not immediately marked at the turn, so be sure to be looking up and beyond the immediate signage on the corner to spy it sitting back from the road a bit. Clearly this Holiday Inn Express is there to service quick visits to Warrenton, likely for those who are staying for business, as there's nothing really to see nearby. I doubt I would have selected this if it hadn't been the suggested spot for guests not staying at Kelly's Ford, as it had the reduced wedding rate and it was the pick-up point for shuttle service for wedding activities.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Warrenton, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Dear RedheadedWanderer,

Thank you for leaving a considerate review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good points of your recent stay. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I hope that you do not let this experience tarnish your faith in us. We take our customer reviews very seriously and really use them to better ourselves in the future.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback. We hope that you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Jonesville, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel multiple times and we have been happy with the staff everytime! Katrina is excellent and so are the people working the breakfast area. The housekeeping staff is also wonderful! We have really enjoyed staying there each time! Keep up the great work!

Room Tip: The rooms on the top floor are quieter.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Brittany B,

Thank you for all of your wonderful comments about our hotel in TripAdvisor. We definately have the most efficient and friendliest staff in Fauquier County. Katrina is an asset to our hotel and drives the bus when it comes to guest service and satisfaction.

Again, thank you for your wonderful comments.

Warrenton, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

I have stayed here twice on business. The first time was OK, but the rooms are very small, the bathroom is old. The second time stayed the room smelled like smoke, the tv remote did not have batteries so I had to ask for some, it took 5 minutes to get the air conditioner to come on, they had it set on heat 77 degrees in June! Then to top it off one of the employees came to my door knocked twice and then put the key card in the door and came in while I was sitting on the bed! I couldn't get over it, he said he was deliverying phone books, really what hotel does that at 4 in the afternoon. The next day after returning from a long day on the job I return to my room to find that they had deactivated my room key by mistake. I had to go to the desk and have them fix it so I could get in my room! This place sucks! I'm glad the job is paying for this crappy place and not me.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Warrenton, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Dear Ms. Anita,

On behalf of the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Warrenton I would like to extended my most heart felt apology to you for the situations you encountered during you last stay. Although we are a 100% non-smoking hotel, some of our guests take the liberty to smoke anyway. They are charged a $250 extra cleaning fee and we do our absolute best to ensure we have deodorized the room, washed all linens and drapery, srub the walls with baking soda, and then run an ozone machine for 8 hours to purify the air. I am sorry that the previous guest smoked in the room you stayed in and we could not remove all of the smoke odor. I also apologize for the tv remote not working appropriately, our housekeepers are instructed to check all lights, tv remotes, clock radios and A/C thermostats are set to the appropriate temperature for the season. We know how frustrating it can be when items in a guest room don't work. We will have to revisit this with our housekeeping staff.
Lastly, I would like to assure you that the safety and security of our guests are our number one priority. All of our staff are instructed to knock on guest room doors 3 times prior to opening the door, and then announcing which department they are in before they open the door all the way. Our maintenance technician was in charge of replacing outdated phone books as his daily project, meanwhile juggling the tasks of fixing miscellaneous items throughout the hotel. I believe the tasks of repairing hotel items delayed his phone book project and he had a few rooms left later in the day that needed phone books. I apologize that you were resting at 4pm and he distrubed you, we try to finish these types of projects by 3pm.

Again, thank you for your feedback, we appreciate all candid comments. It allows us to step back, think, and change the process of how we run the hotel for the best guest experience.

Milan Patnaik

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Warrenton? Share your experiences!