“Outback beware” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Washington DC
“Outback beware”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

For many years we avoided Longhorn thinking it was only a steak, burger, ribs style of restaurant. We discovered the Longhorn in Warrenton and have become regular customer. The food is good and the prices are very reasonable. My wife always gets the small tenderloin and salmon. I vary from the flat iron steak, to lobster tail, and most recently the lamb. The lamb is very tasty as easily as good as lamb at other restaurants that were double in price. I like that they change their menu up. Most of their wait staff are quite young but have nice personality and appear to be well trained. Watch out Outback there's a new game in town.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Warrenton, Virginia
“Mediocre”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

We have been to this location twice, once with my family and once with some friends.

The first time with my family the food was good and I had no complains, my mother ordered something extra on her steak like onions or something I forget but it was missing. The waiter did not appear to be paying complete attention because he ignored my sister completely when taking our drink order. She doesn't look old enough to drink alcohol but he didn't even offer soda or water to her. It didn't appear that the restaurant was busy but the food was slow to arrive.

The second time it was definitely more busy because it was Friday night, service was much slower but again no complaints on the overall food. The service really turned my husband off this place.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“strictly a "service" review”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

We arrived and stood in line behind 3 other couples while the hostess took a carryout order on the phone. When she finally got to seating the couples ahead of us, it was to tell a waiter to take the couples to certain tables. The waiter had a bad attitude. When she got to us , it was the same, take them to this table....again the bad attitude and he took us to the bar. We told him we didn't want to sit in the bar and he seemed surprised and took us back to the hostess counter. At this point we just left. We have eaten here before and the food was not that great but we were going to give it another try...because of the bad experience trying to get a table, we will not return.

Visited November 2013
Washington DC
“Great Improvement”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Many year ago my family were regulars at the Longhorn Restaurant chain. My recollection was they focused on steaks, ribs in a country atmosphere. We had a bad experience and didn't eat at Longhorn for years. Recently we started visiting the Longhorn in Warrenton and have been happily surprised. The decor and ambiance have become upscale compared to before. The menu offers a wider selection, no pupu platter anymore. The salmon is great, steaks are good and they seem to have specials. Ate there last night, received excellent service from a young lady named Emily who was attentive and engaging, with a sense of humor. Before I felt Outback set the standing in lower price, but quality family restaurant, but I believe Longhorn has them beat, at least in Warrenton.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Good steak, not best quality”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Steak was good, but as you expect not the best quality. However for the price, it is good and with sides is very filling.

Visited June 2013