“Convenient and clean” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Warrenton

You added Baymont Inn & Suites Warrenton to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Warrenton
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7379 Comfort Inn Drive, US 29, Warrenton, VA 20187 (Formerly Nuevo Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Warrenton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Williamsburg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Since this property was just acquired by Baymont from a local chain, I somewhat understand the condition of this hotel. However, Baymont should have closed the hotel, conducted a major renovation and supplied new management, and then re-opened under the new name. Although our room was in decent condition, the exterior and interior hallways are in awful condition. The check in process was extremely slow (over 20 min) and the staff seemed rather nonchalant when a domestic dispute involving police was underway, as if this type of thing happened all the time. The breakfast bar was understocked. I will definitely do better research next time I consider staying at a Baymont. Typically I find Baymont to be a good choice for an economical and clean stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Newark, DE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We were in Warrenton for a wedding and stayed one night at the Nuevo Inn. Even though we spent only nine hours in the room (and eight of them asleep) we regretted our choice. The rooms were dimly lit and cheaply furnished. The light fixture nest to my bed hadn't been dusted and the whole room smelled of stale cigarette smoke someone had tried to cover up with cleaning products. There were hundreds of cigarette butts thrown on the grass outside our wing of the building. (Apparently, people stand right outside the no-smoking rooms--sometimes with the doors open, we noticed--to enjoy a smoke.)

The room did not have typical amenities hotels provide. I realize that tiny bottles of lotion and hair conditioner are luxuries, not necessities, but I do expect to have the toilet paper on a roller, not just sitting inside the holder. The toilet tank was cracked and the sink stained with rust. The worst part was the front door--it was so flimsy that it bent when I pushed on the door handle. I would not stay in the Nuevo Inn again and would not recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Warrenton hotels

Queensbury, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Don't believe what you see in the pictures...the pool is not in working order, the rooms are filthy and it was very noisy. We stayed on the first floor near the pool and workers who live there partied until 11pm. After a 9 hour drive I wasn't very pleased with the noise. Staff told me they could smoke and party outside the rooms. I had a non smoking room and the smoke flowed into my room as if they were inside my room smoking. Breakfast was very skimpy. No TV, I was told com cast was working on it, read review given in May and the same answer was given at that time. Next morning still no TV. I have never stayed in a place like this and have learned my lesson to not believe what you see online, stick with a major chain you are better off. I give it a minus one star. Michele

Room Tip: Don't stay there
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Hotel has vastly improved from the older reviews listed here. The lobby is warm and inviting. The room is clean and well kept, kudos to the housekeeping staff for making me feel like I was the first guest to ever stay in the room. The staff exceeded my expectations and I can’t wait to come back through this summer!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Fairfax County, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

You don’t want to stay at the Nuevo Inn & Suites in Warrenton, VA, based on our experience. My wife is crippled and we asked for a room for the handicapped. The shower would not work. The lever to redirect the water from the faucet to the shower simply would not move – up or down. Water from the faucet merely trickled into the sub. So if you wanted to bath in the tub because of the non-functioning shower, you would have to wait for a long time for the tub to fill. Even if you filled the tub my wife could not use it. If she sat in the tub she would be unable to get out of it. I called the desk to see if there was some special trick to make water run to the shower. The young woman at the desk was clueless. Nevertheless they sent a maintenance man to our room (125) without announcing that they intended to do this. I was in my underwear when he knocked at the door. I told him that now was not a good time to try to repair the shower; that my wife was in the bathroom washing her hair in the sink (which I had to do too). It was obvious that the bathroom plumbing fixtures were quite old and, I would judge, beyond repair. The faucets in the tub and the sink should have been replaced long ago. The place is, I understand, a former Comfort Inn. It appears that when Comfort Inn departed, Nuevo did not thoroughly inspect its new property before opening for business. Our stay was the evening of November 8, 2013. J.W. McCulla

Room Tip: Check the plumbing fixtures before you unpack
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

The Nuevo Inn and Suites were just OK. I stayed in room 219. While I will not call the furnishings dirty they were certainly dingy and old. There were holes in the wall on each side of the bed where something must have been, most likely a light, at one time. The stopper was missing from the tub but this was no problem to me as the shower worked just fine. There was dried coffee on the counter that the cleaning crew did not clean up from the last guest. I read in another review that they are updating rooms so perhaps 219 was not done yet. Still no reason for the dried coffee on the counter. It was an OK place to stay overnight. There are other hotels in the area and I will be checking them out as I will be coming this way regularly. The triple A price for one night was $85.83 with tax.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Warrenton? Share your experiences!