“Worst hotel I've have ever stayed in” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Warrenton

You added Baymont Inn & Suites Warrenton to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Warrenton
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7379 Comfort Inn Drive, US 29, Warrenton, VA 20187 (Formerly Nuevo Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Warrenton
Queensbury, New York
“Worst hotel I've have ever stayed in”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Don't believe what you see in the pictures...the pool is not in working order, the rooms are filthy and it was very noisy. We stayed on the first floor near the pool and workers who live there partied until 11pm. After a 9 hour drive I wasn't very pleased with the noise. Staff told me they could smoke and party outside the rooms. I had a non smoking room and the smoke flowed into my room as if they were inside my room smoking. Breakfast was very skimpy. No TV, I was told com cast was working on it, read review given in May and the same answer was given at that time. Next morning still no TV. I have never stayed in a place like this and have learned my lesson to not believe what you see online, stick with a major chain you are better off. I give it a minus one star. Michele

Room Tip: Don't stay there
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

Hotel has vastly improved from the older reviews listed here. The lobby is warm and inviting. The room is clean and well kept, kudos to the housekeeping staff for making me feel like I was the first guest to ever stay in the room. The staff exceeded my expectations and I can’t wait to come back through this summer!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Fairfax County, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

You don’t want to stay at the Nuevo Inn & Suites in Warrenton, VA, based on our experience. My wife is crippled and we asked for a room for the handicapped. The shower would not work. The lever to redirect the water from the faucet to the shower simply would not move – up or down. Water from the faucet merely trickled into the sub. So if you wanted to bath in the tub because of the non-functioning shower, you would have to wait for a long time for the tub to fill. Even if you filled the tub my wife could not use it. If she sat in the tub she would be unable to get out of it. I called the desk to see if there was some special trick to make water run to the shower. The young woman at the desk was clueless. Nevertheless they sent a maintenance man to our room (125) without announcing that they intended to do this. I was in my underwear when he knocked at the door. I told him that now was not a good time to try to repair the shower; that my wife was in the bathroom washing her hair in the sink (which I had to do too). It was obvious that the bathroom plumbing fixtures were quite old and, I would judge, beyond repair. The faucets in the tub and the sink should have been replaced long ago. The place is, I understand, a former Comfort Inn. It appears that when Comfort Inn departed, Nuevo did not thoroughly inspect its new property before opening for business. Our stay was the evening of November 8, 2013. J.W. McCulla

Room Tip: Check the plumbing fixtures before you unpack
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Warrenton hotels

Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

The Nuevo Inn and Suites were just OK. I stayed in room 219. While I will not call the furnishings dirty they were certainly dingy and old. There were holes in the wall on each side of the bed where something must have been, most likely a light, at one time. The stopper was missing from the tub but this was no problem to me as the shower worked just fine. There was dried coffee on the counter that the cleaning crew did not clean up from the last guest. I read in another review that they are updating rooms so perhaps 219 was not done yet. Still no reason for the dried coffee on the counter. It was an OK place to stay overnight. There are other hotels in the area and I will be checking them out as I will be coming this way regularly. The triple A price for one night was $85.83 with tax.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We just returned from a wedding where we spent three nights at the Neuvo Inn. The staff couldn't be nicer. Our room was fine and our bed very comfortable. There were several others of our group who were upset with their rooms. One complained of musty ordors. One complained of heavy cigarette odors. I carry Lysol spray with me and this helped with their situation. I did kill two roaches in my aunt's room though. The rooms with the problems were all near the lobby.
Like I said they are trying hard to update although not totally done with renovations.
The highlight was dining at Claire's at the Depot. We ate dinner there Friday night and enjoyed it so much we ate Sunday Brunch there. Excellent!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for the newer building.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Castle Hayne, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The Nuevo Inn & Suites is being completely renovated. Our room was like new. The location was quite, The staff was friendly and I was told now that the interior was finished that they were starting renovations and new landscaping of the outside. ignore older reviews, they no longer accurately reflect the property. A super value.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Warrenton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

ROOMS VERY CLEAN, sufficient for a quick over night stay. People were friendly. location is great, ,breakfast was hot and tasty. Lobby clean and welcoming. ROOMS were large and filled with all the necessities, you need.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Warrenton? Share your experiences!