“Brides Beware!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Warrenton

Save Saved
You added Baymont Inn & Suites Warrenton to your Saves list
Baymont Inn & Suites Warrenton
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7379 Comfort Inn Drive, US 29, Warrenton, VA 20187 (Formerly Nuevo Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #4 of 6 hotels in Warrenton
Chicago, Illinois
“Brides Beware!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE. Unfortunately this was the only hotel left with availability in Warrenton to block rooms for my wedding guests, even calling seven months ahead of time. This was by far the most stressful part of my entire wedding. What an embarrassment. Extremely unprofessional, dirty, unorganized...one of my guests even found a dirty pair of underwear hanging in the closet! It seems like the only thing they are on top of in this place is apologizing (see below).

After working in the hotel industry for over ten years, it is clear to me that there is a complete lack of communication among the management and staff, and a whole lot of finger pointing and making excuses instead of coming up with solid solutions. Really, I could go on forever. I hope for your sake you do not have to deal with these people when planning your wedding. Save yourself the headache and embarrassment and go elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Mirita D, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Warrenton, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
We are truly sorry that your stay with us was not the best. We were sold out and yes, very shorthanded due to three housekeepers quitting because they were expected to work that weekend. Mandatory staff for this weekend, no exceptions.
We have since rehired and the situation has been resolved.

63 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

For what this place charges, you should expect more. Breakfast one morning eggs and decent. Next morning no coffee --either regular or decaf, no eggs, mealy apples, no instant oatmeal. Housekeeping: had to chase them to get towels. Holiday Inn Express much better. Unfortunately not a whole lot of choices in Warrenton. Next time I'll book earlier and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Mirita D, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Warrenton, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am so sorry to hear that your stay with us was not a good one. Our breakfast bar hostess up and quit on us without notice. Front Desk tried to keep an eye on it but they had 80 checkouts that day and I was not notified about what had happened until they had a chance to call me. I am truly sorry!
Chattanooga, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

Came to town to attend a wedding and the wedding was fabulous but was really disappointed with this hotel. Stayed two nights and 3 lights burned out in the sink area, one of the two outlets in the sink area didn't work, no one bothered to refil the shampoo and shower gel dispensers, bathtub had either mold or mildew on it and the room smelled. Also the sink didn't drain and the faucet leaked. The air conditioner was also incredibly loud. This hotel is not part of a chain and I hope the owners for their own good will pay more attention to detail.

I will also mention that our confirmation email included our complete credit card information and our room number was given to other guests. At least they gave the wrong room number. Having retired from the hotel industry I am well aware of the seriousness of these infractions.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
I am very sorry that your room was not perfect. Thank you for letting me know about your concerns as we have already had a meeting about it and have rectified the problems thereof. I am very sorry that your stay was not better.

Travelers are raving about these Warrenton hotels

Warrenton, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I really enjoyed my recent stay at this hotel. I used the prepay option for booking my room because it gave me the best rate for my room. Just to let you know that if you use the prepay option, you cant get a refund for your money but I didn't have to worry about that. When I walked into the hotel, it was very clean and fresh feeling. The employees were very kind and courteous which is nice. The rooms were very clean and the A/C unit worked really well. Some of the things are out dated but I can see that they are doing updates on the rooms. I did have a small problem with my room during my stay. Management was very helpful and gave me a gift certificate for a nice restaurant in the area to make up for any inconvenience to me. Overall, my experience there was very positive and pleasant.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind comments. I am often told about how much people enjoy it here which is fantastic but few are willing to take the time to say so.
Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I stayed in this hotel years ago when it was still Comfort Inn & Suites and recently stayed again under the new name, Nuevo Inn and Suites. I have to say that the new brand is a big improvement! It is evident that the management is making an effort to upgrade the property.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. We had a small issue with the room and notified the staff. I was very impressed with how quickly the issue was resolved! The staff was very regretful and the general manager even gave me a $25 gift certificate to a nice local restaurant.

I would definitely recommend staying at Nuevo Inn & Suites if you are looking for a place with kind staff who makes a great effort to make sure their guests are comfortable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for staying at Nuevo. We do our best to make sure that all our guests get the service they deserve. We look forward to your next visit. Thank you for your review.
Hopewell, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Worst hotel experience of my life. Noisy all day and night. Tour group arrived at 1 am and proceed to drag their suitcases up and down the walk and talk loudly. Breakfast area was so crowded, I couldn't get near it.

Room Tip: Don't know where that would be because the whole place was noisy.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Lisa A, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Warrenton, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear CubbittCreek,

I am sorry to hear your stay with us was unsatisfactory. Over the past several months we have been working to improve in the areas in which we were lacking.

We invite you to come back to Nuevo Inn and Suites and experience the changes for yourself!

Lisa Artenian
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

Money stolen by housekeeping staff and hotel management took zero responsibility. Rooms unclean. Nothing but a trashy trucker motel.

• Stayed June 2012
We are very sorry for you stolen money. Police was contacted to report the incident but they too could not do anything because there was not enough proof to point the finger at anyone. We do ask guests not to leave any valuables in the rooms which is signed off on the registration card. We also have security boxes for guests use.

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Warrenton? Share your experiences!