“This hotel is great!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Warrenton
Augusta, Maine
“This hotel is great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband and I traveled from Maine to S. Carolina last week. We stayed in 3 different Hampton Inn's in our travels. The Warrenton Hampton Inn was, by far, the best one! The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean, the bed comfortable and the breakfast was wonderful. We will stay here again if we visit the area again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

201 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Norfolk, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed for 2 nights while this hotel was packed with locals who had no power. They had just been hit with a big snow storm, and the surrounding towns had no electricity. The two girls at the front desk were friendly & professional, and my room (518) was clean and well stocked with amenities. I had a room with 2 queen beds, and 1 bed felt lumpy (not their usual standard!), so I slept in the other bed the next night. The mini fridge was rather loud & didn't keep things cool, but everything else was wonderful! Very clean room and linens, nice selection of pillows, nice shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash, shower gel, etc, and plenty of coffee packets for the single serve coffee maker. The complimentary breakfast wasn't great, probably because the hotel was at full capacity, but the buffet servers tried to keep up with the demand. The hotel is centrally located, very close to Wawa, restaurants and shopping. Request a room on an upper floor & away from elevators and ice machine, and you'll have a quiet, relaxing time! Room 518 fits the bill!

Room Tip: My room was on the front of the hotel in the middle, and it was very quiet. 5th floor is high enough...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Virginia Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The hotel and room were clean and lovely. The room had a very fresh, pleasant smell. I had a very minor problem with the hair dryer which was resolved VERY quickly. The staff was outstanding. I also enjoyed the breakfast buffet. Overall I was very pleased.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Conyers, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

My wife and I visited Warrenton and the Hampton last week for one night. We were extremely pleased with all aspects of our stay. The staff was very friendly and accommodating as we checked in very early in the day. Our room was large with a very comfortable bed. Actually the room was nicer than most of the ‘high dollar’ hotels that I frequent for business. The room was notably clean. Actually, the hotel itself could be described extremely clean. The water pressure and hot water controls in the shower were nice as well. That is always a plus for my hotel ratings.

The location was convenient to everything that we needed. The chain restaurants are real close – not a fan there – try one of the local restaurants in the old-town area. I have not stayed in many Hamptons, but this experience has made me more likely to stay in one in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

We always stay at Hampton Inns. This one has updated their public areas and it all looks good. It has standard Hampton Inn rooms which are always spotlessly clean, reliable and comfortable. The already cooked oatmeal is especially appreciated but the breakfast was not quite up to normal - no hard boiled eggs, fruit tired. We will definitely stay here again. Just be aware this isn't a tip top Hampton Inn. (For that see Bryant AK, Sarasota FL and Chattanooga TN). But if you come to Warrenton, this is still the best in town.

• Stayed March 2013
James M, Owner at Hampton Inn Warrenton, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our updated lobby and I'm sure our housekeepers will be happy their work is appreciated. It's unfortunate that our breakfast was not up to the standards we expect during your stay and for this I apologize. I will speak to our kitchen staff to ensure that we maintain a variety of high quality items for the entirety of our breakfast service.

James G. Merritt
GM/Owner
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Our stay at this Hampton Inn was wonderful! The staff goes out of their way to really make you feel at home. We did not expect that at all. It just adds a personal touch to our stay when they greet you and ask if you would like to help yourself to (free) coffee or tea before you head out the lobby! Did I mention there is free coffee and tea on your way out?? The room was very clean - from the carpet, to the linens, to the bathroom. Everything look well-kept and fresh. We didn't get a chance to dip in the pool as there were many kids in there, but no biggie, always a next time!
The most memorable part of this trip? We missed the complimentary breakfast by 5 minutes but they let us help ourselves anyway!! Truly makes the customer feel like they come first. Thank you for that!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I always prefer a Hampton when I am paying :-) The quality and value are excellant. I always stay at Hampton Inns if I have a choice because I am never disappointed. As a previous reviewer stated (betsnow), "This particular Hampton stands out to me as one of the best. The primary reason why is the staff. The staff at this Hampton is incredibly friendly, welcoming and helpful. In terms of the facility - it is a lovely hotel, and exactly what you expect when you stay at the Hampton.... The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the breakfast is the usual layout (full breakfast) and is a great deal for being complimentary." Hate to have to quote "Betsnow" but she said everything I would have said exactly:-) I would only add that it's location is great too. Easy access into Old Town, and plenty of good restaurants and shopping very close by.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Warrenton? Share your experiences!