“Great tasting food, but expensive” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Advance, North Carolina
“Great tasting food, but expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I had two meals here, both chicken parmesan. Delicious! Only strange thing was that for $9 I expected it to come with pasta. When I opened my to-go container, it was just the chicken breast with a side salad (lettuce with yummy dressing) and some bread. Despite this, I went back the next day and got the same thing, it was that good. Atmosphere is lacking, but it is a small town place, no biggie. Desserts are soooo good, authentic Italian pastries. I did not have any, but they offer gluten free pasta on the menu, which is always very nice! So despite being a little pricey, and missing some pasta, I would go back.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

88% Recommend
Amory, Mississippi, United States
“Cafe Torino”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

In town for a wedding and looking for a local place to have lunch. Getting online, Cafe Torino was in the top-5 recommended places to eat. Boy! Am i glad we went! Great food, staff & atmosphere. When visiting the area, it's a place I'll revisit.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Warrenton, Virginia
“Very good food. Bland environment.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Sorta like eating in a small school cafeteria that has great food and friendly service. The proprietor and his family are the staff and they work hard to make your visit enjoyable. Note: if you are a beer drinker, ask the boss to recommend something; he keeps the good stuff in the back.

Visited May 2013
Virginia
“Great food, but service was terrible.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I've always like the food there, but the last few times I was at Cafe Torino the couple who owns it was publicly arguing. This affected their attitudes toward me when I ordered my lunch. I wish I could say the service was better.

Visited June 2012
Andrea F, Owner at Cafe Torino, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Wow...Not sure how to take this because My wife hasn't been here for the past 6 weeks and to my recollection I haven't argue with anybody in a long time....but in any case sorry for the inconvenient.
Warrenton, Virginia
“Passionate about cooking!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Great food and Always consistent. They are always busy. Fairly plain interior, great for lunch not dinner (if you are looking for ambiance). Owner is lively with a great sense of humor. Try the various desserts, too.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere