“Overpriced...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Iron Bridge Wine Co.

Iron Bridge Wine Co.
29 Main St, Ste 1, Warrenton, VA 20186
540-349-9339
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Iron Bridge Wine Co. is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 75 restaurants in Warrenton
Cuisines: Continental, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1st and Main Street
Description: This award winning restaurant, wine bar, and wine shop is "Fun dining...not fine dining!" The casual relaxed atmosphere and friendly service coupled with an ever changing menu and wine selection of "by the glass" and bottles is a Hunt Country gem. A rooftop deck and Enoteca lounge provide for great views and self guided tastings. Named one of Washington Post Magazine and Northern Virginia Magazines "50 Best" restaurants is also a perennial "best value" award winner. With space for private functions and over 125 seats on three different floors, the view, menu, and wines are ever changing.
Woodbridge
“Overpriced...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

The atmosphere is nice, albeit crowded. It's a little stuffy for my taste. The food is good, but overpriced, as is the wine. Bartenders are friendly. If you eat upstairs the service is "sluggish" at best.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

75% Recommend
Pelham, Alabama
“DISAPPOINTING”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Our reservation was made by our sister and brother-in-law, as we are not from the area. It was New Year's Eve. We arrived just prior to,our reservation time and the hostess kept reassuring us our table would be ready soon. She worked hard at keeping us posted that we would soon be seated. After 20 minutes we were seated in the basement. It took at least another 20 minutes and "asking" for someone to serve us that we finally saw a server. Not off to a great start, but it was very busy, noisy and it was New Year's Eve!

There was just a "set menu" available for the occasion, but it had an adequate number of choices. Three of us had the seafood plate, shrimps, scallops and crab cake. The shrimps and scallops were nicely prepared, but the crab cake was not well seasoned at all. Served with a hopping john, which again lacked seasoning. We also had a house salad with our meal which was good. The bread was tasty, came in small portions and was not resupplied during the meal.

We took the chocolate dipped strawberries to go home. They were delicious.

We enjoyed a bottle of wine, which was good. Overall the food was good, just not excellent.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Linden, Virginia
“Pretentious, overpriced, average food, and loud!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Completely pretentious, overpriced, and the fondu was awful! I went with a date this past Friday Dec 6, 2013. Wound up spending $130 + tips on the fondu, two entrees, three beers, and three glasses of wine.

The fondu did not look like the picture here. The portions was skimpy and I was told and bragged to about how awesome and plentiful the fondu was. NOT! The cheese was like putty and not creamy. I stuck the dipping stick in it and nothing stuck to it! It reminded me of Gov't cheese we got in the mess hall.

I had the grilled steak and frites. The two filet medallions were awesome but they had this red sauce all over it with blue cheese crumbs on top. You don't drown a steak in sauce and blue cheese. My date had the grouper special...eh. Basically a 6oz filet over rice. I think that was a $30 plate.

Does organic and local mean overpriced? I could have gotten the same meal at Longhorn, which she suggested going to, but I knew she liked wine so.....what a mistake! Not to mention LOUD!! And our waiter dumped her grouper leftover onto the floor reaching for something on our table, spilling rice on the floor and not cleaning it up. It was amateur hour there.

I would not recommend this place to anyone, but I know pretentious, entitled people love this kind of place. But if you're a down to earth person who want a good meal at a good price, this isn't it.

Oh, and reservations? Really? This isn't the 80's and I'm not rolling up in my Porsche 944 wearing a tweed blazer. Give me a break!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Quiet, romantic and delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

The food here is awesome and the atmosphere is quiet, classy and romantic. What a gem! We followed the advice and took a window table upstairs overlooking the main street. Wow, what a great choice! We were seated in comfortable elegant chairs in a quiet, romantic setting by a very welcoming, friendly staff. Though we arrived between lunch and dinner service, the staff provided us impeccable service and we were rewarded with some pretty amazing appetizers! We also sampled a few of their flights of wine which was different, fun and enjoyable. If you are in the area, I would strongly recommend a visit here. We will be back again, for sure!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nashua, NH
“Excellent fresh food prepared well”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This was our second treip to the Iron Bridge and we were not dissapointed! heir home made tomato basil soup was simply outstanding. Our entrees were extremely enjoyable as well.

• Visited October 2013