“Jefferson Pool helps with skin problems” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Hot Springs/ Geysers
Attraction Details
Fryeburg, Maine
3 attraction reviews
“Jefferson Pool helps with skin problems”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

My worst complaint about Jefferson Pool is that the hours of 12 noon to 5 pm are too short.

One time several years ago, I just drove on past here because it was closed. Some people have skin problems that are making them frantic and they really need this place that heals them to be open at night and early morning hours.

The next thing I noticed was that the walls really need washing and some fresh paint.

The water comes up to your neck and the rocks on the floor of the pool really give it a nice atmosphere.

After 2pm, family hours are over and no men are allowed into the woman's pool and no woman are allowed in the mens' pool and it feels especially safe.

I filled up a gallon bottle with water to take back to my hotel room and this helped me when my eczema came back hours later. Two hour-long stays in this pool were enough to get rid of my skin problems for a while and at this time, my skin is still improved. I also filled up a jug of water to take home with me and this is still helping with the skin problems remaining.

Visited November 2013

Wilmington, Delaware
6 attraction reviews
“Taking the Waters”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is an amazing experience of relaxation of both body and spirit. The day we went was cold, with a few snow flurries, which made the warm spring soak all the more wonderful. The building which surrounds the pool is in pretty bad shape, but it made me feel connected to the long history of the place.

Visited October 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Oldie but goodie!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Don't let the delapidated building fool you!! A fabulous relaxing experience!! Wished that I lived really close, would go often!

Visited May 2013
Washington, DC
3 attraction reviews
“Very interesting yet dilapidated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

The Jefferson Pools should be a fantastic destination, however, it's dilapidated condition is deplorable. This is a prime example of historic associations and preservation societies doing more harm than good. My understanding is that these groups have quarreled for decades and prohibited any improvements from being made to the historic buildings. I agree that the buildings historic character should be kept intact. However, they should be made safe, comfortable and fully functional.

Visited June 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
12 attraction reviews
“Wonderful experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We have visited The Homestead many times, but have never given much thought to "taking the waters" at the historic Jefferson Pools. When we visited in Hot Springs recently we decided to take the plunge and are so glad we did. Despite the dilapidated condition of the men's and women's bathhouses, the pools were a wonderful experience. Soaking in the 98 degree, crystal clear spring water was soothing. Thomas Jefferson was on to something when he came here. We really hope that the Omni will do what is necessary to restore this important historic site.

Visited October 2013