“Oldie but goodie!” 5 of 5 stars

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Oldie but goodie!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Don't let the delapidated building fool you!! A fabulous relaxing experience!! Wished that I lived really close, would go often!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank LynnMiller

Washington, DC
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Very interesting yet dilapidated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

The Jefferson Pools should be a fantastic destination, however, it's dilapidated condition is deplorable. This is a prime example of historic associations and preservation societies doing more harm than good. My understanding is that these groups have quarreled for decades and prohibited any improvements from being made to the historic buildings. I agree that the buildings historic character should be kept intact. However, they should be made safe, comfortable and fully functional.

Visited June 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We have visited The Homestead many times, but have never given much thought to "taking the waters" at the historic Jefferson Pools. When we visited in Hot Springs recently we decided to take the plunge and are so glad we did. Despite the dilapidated condition of the men's and women's bathhouses, the pools were a wonderful experience. Soaking in the 98 degree, crystal clear spring water was soothing. Thomas Jefferson was on to something when he came here. We really hope that the Omni will do what is necessary to restore this important historic site.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank jmac006
Harvard, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Jefferson pools”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

A nice place to relax in the warm water. Call before visiting. They have funny hours and sometimes it's adults only nude bathing.

A great way to end a day.... or begin an evening !

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Jimi S
Detroit, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Marvelous Trip Back In Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I am lucky enough to have found this delightful place through a Google search and am thankful I was able to visit. It felt like a historical journey to the heyday of "taking the waters" in the 1920s and 1930s. This isn't your high end spa for nails and facials but a relaxing and rejuvenating time to heal your body. I hope it never changes and I look forward to the day I get to return.
This place is located in a gorgeous geographical setting (we also stayed at The Inn at Gristmill Square) and it was truly the most peaceful vacation I've had. My phone GPS service was spotty so bring a map!

Visited October 2013