“Charming Historic Haven Close to Jefferson Pools” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Warm Springs Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Warm Springs
Warm Springs Inn
12968 Sam Snead Highway, Warm Springs, VA 24484   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Warm Springs B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Charming Historic Haven Close to Jefferson Pools”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

I've been going to this Inn every two years for twenty years. Mainly because of it's close proximity to the historic and wonderful Jefferson Pools.. crystal clear, soaking springs in original buildings—established as a cure for ailments in 1760's by Thomas Jefferson himself (before then they were reputedly Native American healing springs). In any case the pools are wonderful, and worth a detour.

Around 2010, the Inn - an historic, converted courthouse and jail building - changed hands, and is faring better than ever under care of the new owners. It's great to see this place becoming a finely modernized B & B. The place is quiet, and has very comfortable beds in tastefully appointed rooms. Breakfast available for an extra charge, and in high season dinners.
Friendly hosts Trish and Peter take pride in what they are creating here, the bonus is that they've managed to improve the quality yet keep it affordable compared with other B & B / Inns in this area.

Room Tip: All the rooms are charming - I personally like those overlooking the valley. The place is generally...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

41 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Omaha, NE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

My boyfriend and I needed a place to stay on the fly and stopped in here one evening as we were passing through. We stayed in the front left building and had the place to ourselves. It's directly across from the springs which is nice. The location and surroundings are absolutely beautiful and it was a magical way to start our vacation. Would return again in a heartbeat. The room was simple and the great time I had there may be clouding my objectivity but if you are looking for a quaint place to get back to nature, this it it.

Room Tip: The front left building (from the lobby building) has a big front porch with rocking chairs. I'd...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

My mother and I took a getaway night in the mountains and the Warm Springs Inn was perfect for a restful stay. The room was comfortable and quiet and the beautiful grounds were welcoming with flowers, hammock, and tables for tea. Porch rockers and breakfast were highlights and of course, the Jefferson Pools. We would stay again! Friendly and helpful staff in this family-owned inn.

• Stayed October 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

This place is not your typical modern hotel, its full of mountain charm. Its a very quaint hotel and restaurant. Owners and staff are very friendly and rooms are very affordable. We slept very soundly and really enjoyed our time here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Leonardtown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

The owners Peter and Trish have a great place here. Was staying here from July to August 2013. it could not of been any better. forget the rest this is the best in Warm Springs. will be staying there every chance I get. Great job Peter and Trish

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We chose this inn to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary because of location - directly across from the Jefferson Pool because it is so much more convenient to walk across in street clothes than to arrive by motorcycle and have to take off all our riding gear and then put wet heads in the helmets when we are done soaking. That being said, we arrived late on Friday and chose to eat at the Inn, again for convenience, but what good fortune that was. The presentation was beautiful and the food was wonderful. It was so wonderful that we planned to eat there Saturday night so we could try different entrees. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. It didn't hurt that the rates here are modest too. The ambiance of the rocking chairs on the porches, nice flower beds, and I even had a brief nap in a hammock on the grounds. Everything was just so inviting. The final plus was that I left something behind, and staff already had the box addressed to return it when we called! That is service! This isn't the Homestead, nothing fussy here, and the buildings are old, but it is clean and comfortable. We visited with some of the other guests on the porch and while waiting to be seated for dinner, which is something we seldom do in a hotel, but this felt like home! I expect that we will be returning in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I played in a Golf Channel major tournament at The Homestead about 6 minutes south of this inn. As wonderful as the Homestead is, I simply did not want to pay the 230 plus resort fee and 29 dollar breakfast charges.

I discovered this inn on the Internet and booked 3 nights at under $100 a night with no extra charges! The owners, Peter and Tricia, welcomed me and helped me into my lovely room.

My experience was 5 Starr! The room, bed, linens etc were all top flight.

And the food at the restaurant was fabulous and very reasonable. My friends and playing partners staying at the resort were grumbling about all the extra charges and envious of my simpler but authentic and wonderful experience.

An extra was the Jefferson springs right across the street and the galleries in warm springs along with the classical music down the road.

Next year my golfing buddies and I will be booking here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Warm Springs Inn? Share your experiences!