“Great Staff and Wonderful Food” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Warm Springs Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Warm Springs
Warm Springs Inn
12968 Sam Snead Highway, Warm Springs, VA 24484   |
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Staff and Wonderful Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We chose this inn to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary because of location - directly across from the Jefferson Pool because it is so much more convenient to walk across in street clothes than to arrive by motorcycle and have to take off all our riding gear and then put wet heads in the helmets when we are done soaking. That being said, we arrived late on Friday and chose to eat at the Inn, again for convenience, but what good fortune that was. The presentation was beautiful and the food was wonderful. It was so wonderful that we planned to eat there Saturday night so we could try different entrees. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. It didn't hurt that the rates here are modest too. The ambiance of the rocking chairs on the porches, nice flower beds, and I even had a brief nap in a hammock on the grounds. Everything was just so inviting. The final plus was that I left something behind, and staff already had the box addressed to return it when we called! That is service! This isn't the Homestead, nothing fussy here, and the buildings are old, but it is clean and comfortable. We visited with some of the other guests on the porch and while waiting to be seated for dinner, which is something we seldom do in a hotel, but this felt like home! I expect that we will be returning in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

I played in a Golf Channel major tournament at The Homestead about 6 minutes south of this inn. As wonderful as the Homestead is, I simply did not want to pay the 230 plus resort fee and 29 dollar breakfast charges.

I discovered this inn on the Internet and booked 3 nights at under $100 a night with no extra charges! The owners, Peter and Tricia, welcomed me and helped me into my lovely room.

My experience was 5 Starr! The room, bed, linens etc were all top flight.

And the food at the restaurant was fabulous and very reasonable. My friends and playing partners staying at the resort were grumbling about all the extra charges and envious of my simpler but authentic and wonderful experience.

An extra was the Jefferson springs right across the street and the galleries in warm springs along with the classical music down the road.

Next year my golfing buddies and I will be booking here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Clendenin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

This was our 4th trip to the Warm Springs Inn and each time the new owners have made improvements. The rooms are very nice and bed's extremely comfortable. Hands down
the best place to stay in Warms Springs for the money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Henrico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Came up to the mountain for something wonderful, considered the Homestead and should have stayed there. Put in a smelly buidling in the back of the property with filthy blinds and a few cobwebs. Beds were very bouncy so did not sleep well. TV was not programmed so I spent 1 hour trying to get that to work. Management should have seen to that beforehand. Hated the transome in the bath room and the awful lighting. No attention to detail at all. Will never stay here again. Sofa in room had no light beside it, so could not read well there. On the second morning, after having swollen eyes due to the musty smell and dust, I left as soon as I woke up, went down to a convenience store to get something to eat and got out of there. The rest of my trip was delightful since I stayed out of the room!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Harvard, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We've been staying at the Warm Springs Inn each year for the past three or four years. And each year the old 1835 Inn is getting better and better. I understand the Inn has been under new management for the past three years and the improvements are very noticeable. Each room has a different flavor and décor. Some rooms even lend themselves to larger family parties and interconnected. The Inn is clean and the staff is very friendly ! (Hi Ginger Snap !)

If you're looking for a cookie cutter hotel room with white walls and a card access door, keep on driving. But, if you enjoy tantalizing your senses and meeting wonderful people, give the Warm Springs Inn a try. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: The rooms in the Jailhouse are the best ! Lots of interesting rooms in that building.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Scott Depot, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I have been staying at the Warm Springs Inn in Bath County, Va. For over 20 years. It is located directly across Route 220 from the Jefferson pools and has undergone many changes during our visits. The Inn is currently the best it has ever been. The new owners have revitalized the place. Peter and Trish have redecorated, updated utilities and created an atmosphere of casual eloquence. In the friendly atmosphere, we always enjoy meeting and conversing with other guest on the porch of the jailhouse and in the bar after dinner.

Dinning has become a real treat with the recent addition of Chef Tom Ruth whose menu has not only delighted guests but returned many of the local residents to “The Table”. To us, the Warm Springs Inn is a home away from home. Peter, Trish and their friendly staff will make your stay a delightful get-away in beautiful and historic Bath County.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lynchburg, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Spent 2 nights at this hidden gem. Staff was super friendly the food at the Table restaurant located in the Inn was wonderful. Had the best times just hanging out on the many spacious porches surrounding the Inn and enjoying the cool mountain breeze. This Inn is also directly across the street from the famous Jefferson Pools which are an extremely tranquil and relaxing experience. Rooms are different and unique while you could argue the decor in some is a bit dated they are kept clean and very comfortable, showers had good water pressure, Bed was comfortable and sheets where of high quality. I highly recommend this Inn to anyone looking to relax in the mountains and enjoy some great food and drinks.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front of the Inn seem to have the best porches, their is also a big wrap around porch o...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Warm Springs Inn? Share your experiences!