“Dining experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Warm Springs Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Warm Springs
Warm Springs Inn
You added Warm Springs Inn to your Saves list
12968 Sam Snead Highway, Warm Springs, VA 24484   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Warm Springs B&B and Inns
Hot Springs, Virginia
“Dining experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Dining at the Warm Springs Inn Restaurant was a delicious experience.
The presentation of the dinner was beautiful and everything was very
tasty. Service is quick and friendly. If you want to have an enjoyable
evening dining out, I highly recommend The Restaurant at the Warm Springs Inn.

Room Tip: Sorry, we only ate in their Restaurant
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

A friend recommended this inn. I only stayed overnight. My minimum standards for a room - a good bed and some heat/cooling. I didn't even get that. My room was cold, cold, cold. I sleep at about 65 Degrees at home, so I'm no wuss. I didn't find the space heater until morning, and I probably wouldn't have used it anyway since it looked about 50 years old. The bed was probably also 50 years old, and had no support at all. The comforter on the bed looked 70's vintage. I couldn't sleep between the cold and the imagined cooties in the ancient comforter. I would've been better at a Motel 6. Never again! The place wasn't overbooked, so why don't they give folks the nice rooms first! The location is great (right across from the Jefferson Pools), but the accommodations are awful.

Room Tip: some of the other reviews mention renovated room. I'd be sure to pin the owners down and make s...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Wilmington, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Our room was very clean and the views were spectacular. Warm Springs Inn is located directly across from the Jefferson Pools, which is a must experience. Breakfast was delicious, and our Innkeeper, Ginger, was extremely friendly and helpful with all of our questions. If you are looking for a reasonably priced inn situated in a beautiful location, the Warm Springs Inn is for you. If you are expecting the accommodations of The Homestead, then you should go there.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed here in February. It was terrible. It was very cold, no one was around to check us in, we had to walk around and look for some help. but the worst part were the rodents. I counted 8 and they danced around the room, all night, going in and out of all of our luggage and shopping bags, running over us in the bed, it was a nightmare. I work up my 85 year old mother at 1:30 Am and packed to leave, I couldn't stay there one more minute. they refused to refund the next night 's stay, I didn't ask for a refund for the night we left. It wasn't cheap either
And of course they claimed they don't have mice. HA ! the only decent place to stay in Hot Springs is the Homestead, but you will pay dearly for the piece of mind.

Room Tip: don't Be fooled by the charming exterior, keep driving!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
new york
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

The Warm Springs Inn is perfectly situated, and has so much potential. The owners are friendly and helpful, and were very accommodating for a family reunion dinner we had there-- it went off without a hitch and was very nice. The dining room area is great. However, the guest accommodations were not. I did see some nice rooms that had been updated, but ours was not one of them. They just need to do a complete renovation to this place. In the meantime, they need to replace the incredibly old and stained comforters, sheets, and towels. Our mattress was probably the worst we have ever slept on- it made our nights almost unbearable. The sink in our room dripped all night long, and the temperature of the place was either freezing or burning hot. Breakfast ($8 extra) was nice, but the coffee terrible. We got the impression that they were doing the bear minimum to get by-- coffee and a comfortable bed are a must for a B&B. Hopefully, there will be some improvements in the near future-- it's a shame because this property could be really special.

Room Tip: downstairs rooms in the second large house seemed to be nicer
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Pelham, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

We just stayed at this Run Down, So Called Inn!!!! When we 1st arrived we couldn't get in, and had to call them to let us in, then we were shown to our "room", which was cold enough you could kill hogs!!!! We finally found a space heater, which didn't work in the closet, which had a door I had to force open, and then couldn't shut. I then found a radiator type heater, hidden behind the table, which I had no idea how it worked, so I turned the only knob I found, and when we returned from getting something to eat, it was so "HOT" my teeth were sweating. Then comes the "bathroom".....the door wouldn't shut, and when you used the toilet, you had to flush it a dozen times, thinking the bowl would never empty!!!!!!! Next you had to let the water in the shower run for 10 minutes before the water would start to get warm!!!!! Then if you like driving 30+ miles just to get a cup of coffee, or something "cheap" to eat, and a crappie stay, this is the place for you!!! My "Romantic" 2 night stay turned into a 1 night DISASTER!!!!! Needless to say although I paid for 2 nights, I was more than ready to leave after the 1st night, and DID. I wouldn't recommend this to my worst enemy!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Herndon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Nine Riders and six CoRiders from GWRRA VA Chapter Y rode to the Warm Springs Inn, in Warm Springs, VA, 21 July 2012, as part of the chapter ride program’s Overnight Ride (ONR) series this year. Once again, Chapter Ride Coordinator (CRC) Bob Fennell found some awesome new roads to carve through the Appalachians. The Warm Springs Inn is couples and family oriented, quiet, with comfortable, charming accommodations, and has a terrific restaurant. Owner Trish and her staff took wonderful care of us, offering us their spacious porch dining room and baking a cake, served with ice cream, for one of our birthday riders.

Check the Chapter's web post and its link to the newsletter for more info.

Room Tip: Stick to the ground floor rooms for easier access. Dress for dinner--excellent and great value for...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Warm Springs Inn? Share your experiences!