My wife and I just spent the week end there and we were profoundly disappointed by the accommodation and to some extent the service. I have to say that we fail to understand the average rating on Trip Advisor, to the point of finding it suspicious.
We paid about 750 SGD for 2 nights 2 days, with their all inclusive package.
First the positive:
- beach is nice, nearby the forest
- foreign staff is relatively friendly.
Then the negative:
- very old bed with spring mattresses, we slept badly the 2 nights
- room not very clean, no chair/flat surface to put our things
- local staff rude.
- foreign staff needs training despite the fact they are friendly (they disappear during lunch time, scuba diving desk stays unattended most of the time, tables at the bar stays uncleared hours after the guest leave
- old linen
- seems no trained chef in the kitchen.Food was mediocre (e.g. main course cold, or during bbq on sat night the fish and prawn totally overcooked thus super chewy).
We got much better value for money Thailand/Phuket and Indonesia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only three hours from Singapore, Rimba Resort offers the perfect place to relax. Our natural bay at the northern tip of Pulau Sibu, Malaysia, offers a quiet and private setting where you can avail of great diving and snorkeling, and rejuvenate your senses.Rimba Resort offers more than two dozen dive sites, as well as the perfect training ground for beginner divers. Our dive school, Hi-Tide Divers, is what any Singapore based diver, or those who wish to become divers are looking for. Hi-Tide Divers boasts one of the most experienced instructors in the region and can cater to all your diving needs, whether it’s learning to dive at your chosen times in Singapore or at our house reef at Rimba Resort. Sitting on a Kenyan style village, Rimba Resort offers 21 charming seafront chalets all within a stone’s throw away from their 350m private beach. Because of its attractive location, Rimba Resort is the ideal place for a romantic beach wedding, team building function, corporate event, family vacation or dive holiday- the possibilities are endless. Our restaurant will exceed all expectations you may have for a small, personal resort. The bar, well there’s no other like it, and our private mini-van service from Singapore means you don’t need to drive or arrange your own transport. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Rimba Hotel Johor Bahru