“Excellent therapist here and close to the oceanfront” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Best Body Company

The Best Body Company
19th Street and Cypress Avenue, Virginia Beach, VA (Northeast Virginia Beach)
757- 428-2639
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #41 of 86 Activities in Virginia Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: The Best Body Co has been serving the Tidewater community since 1995, and we are very proud of the quality we offer. We are an Aveda Concept Salon and DaySpa with a therapeutic bodywork studio located, just a few blocks from the Oceanfront at 19th Street and Cypress Avenue – a part of the Wareing’s Gym family of shops. We offer a full range of salon services, day spa treatments and a wellness clinic to make sure you feel and look your best from the inside out.
Gaithersburg, Maryland
16 attraction reviews
“Excellent therapist here and close to the oceanfront”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

I am a client here and I have also reccomended this place to tourists in Virginia Beach. The location is prefect for tourists and its easy to get to for locals as well-- plenty of front door parking. The Best Body offeres hair care services, massage therapy, nails etc. The have quite a menu of services. I should also note that they are an Aveda salon that sells Aveda products as well as uses them.

Visited July 2011

New York City, New York
“I Have to Disagree”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

I do have to disagree with the person who commented on September 2010 yes some of the ambiance was missing from the salon side but the staff are very helpful and the pedicures are not lackluster the girls are excellent at what they do I loved my pedi but we are all entitled to our opinions I would recommend this place to my friends if they want to relax !

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
“Not what I consider a 'day spa'”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

I've been to several day spas so I had some expectations when I went to this place, especially after visiting their website and reading the reviews here. All I can figure is the reviewers have never been to a real day spa. If you walk into a place and there are hair styling stations and an overwhelming smell of perm lotion then you are in a hair salon, not a day spa. Part of the day spa experience is the ambiance. The photos you see on the website are real, yet deceiving. The lounge area is in the same place as the styling stations for example. That's not a day spa lounge area like you'd expect. The only service I had here was a pedicure and it was lackluster and a bit sloppy. I've had much better pedicures for far less. And while I was sitting in the pedicure chair, supposedly relaxing, I had to listen to the staff chatting on the phone in their break room and planning their lunch orders. Sorry, I can't recommend.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“This is the best spa in Virginia Beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2010

I have been going to Best Body for awhile now and I absolutly love it! I started going for facials and now my monthly esthetician is CJ. She gives the best facial you will ever have and she knows everything about anything that has to do with skin. CJ is the only person that has ever been able to fix my skin and now its beautiful! Then she reccommended that I go to Hannah for my hair color and Im really happy she did. Hannah does an amazing job with color and she has a great personality.
The only weird thing about this place is that the salon is very contemporary and modern but when you walk into the spa side you feel like you just walked into your grandmas house. But you quickly forget about it and relax.
I love Best Body and the Aveda products and would recommend anybody to go here!

virginia beach
“In response about Ericka”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2008

I was searching the web and came across this review on Ericka at The Best Body Co. and am confused. I like to call myself a regular client of Ericka's BECAUSE of her skills with color. I have been coloring my hair for about 11 years now and have come across MANY of color specialists that just wasn't 'getting it'. But Ericka is a gem. She listens to your visions. She lets you know honestly, if it would work, and if not, gives you reasonable alternatives to achieve your end goal as accurately as possible. In my experience, I haven't come across anyone better.
But then again, there are many good stylists and hair experts out there and I prefer a select few. Just because one stylist didn't understand my vision, I didn't automatically assume that they were not credible and try to ruin their reputation via the internet.
So I hope with this review, you will see that like with anything in life, there are select tastes out there and just because one person didn't like the flavor doesn't mean that you would not.
The Best Body Co., however is VERY credible. I know for a fact that all the therapists, and stylists, and techs there are highly recommended by many people in the area. The atmosphere is very peaceful and the treatments are heavenly. So please, go check them out. :)