“Convenient location; modern.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport
Ranked #25 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Convenient location; modern.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

This hotel in centrally located in the southside of the Hampton Roads area. Convenient for all of Virginia Beach, Norfolk, and Chesapeake. You do need a car to get anywhere though. Suites are slightly on the small side for Homewood Suites standard. Breakfast was less than expected compared to other Homewood Suites. Overall a good option if you need a suite.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Homewood_VB, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites Hilton Virginia Beach. I am glad you were able to enjoy our spacious suites and complimentary breakfast along with our other great amenities. I'm sorry to hear our associates were not more helpful with your requst. We have reviewed your comments in our daily meeting and appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you again in the future. Again, thank you for taking time to review our hotel! We appreciate your business and loyalty.

Sandi Stowers - Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Chester, VA, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My overall stay was great. I did not care for the breakfast service, and my remote control in my room did not work well. I beleive I left my Ipod behind, but no one called me regarding this. the bed was very comfortable and the entire room was quiet and clean!!! Very Enjoyable Stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites Hilton Virginia Beach. I am glad you were able to enjoy our spacious suites along with our other great amenities. I'm sorry you did not care for our breakfast and there was an issue with your remote. In regards to your iPod, have you contacted the hotel to see if we have it in our lost and found? If not, please contact the hotel directly and speak with the Housekeeping Manager and she will be happy to assist you. We hope to see you again in the future. Again, thank you for your nice review! We appreciate your business and loyalty.

Westminster, Md, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. It looks new, is very clean and the staff is very friendly. It is easy access from the interstate but there is no traffic noise. Homewoods Suites is a good brand and this hotel meets all the standards of the brand.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites Hilton Virginia Beach. I am glad you were able to enjoy our spacious suites and complimentary breakfast along with our other great amenities. We hope to see you again in the future. Again, thank you for your wonderful review! We appreciate your business and loyalty.

Massapequa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I thought the room was clean. The bedroom was neat. Everything smelled clean. The bathroom area was sufficient. Liked the setup of the kitchen/living room. Very quiet. Breakfast was good and fresh. Pool ok, not great, but not what I went for.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites Hilton Virginia Beach. I am glad you were able to enjoy our spacious suites and complimentary breakfast along with our other great amenities. We hope to see you again in the future. Again, thank you for taking time out of your day to offer such a fantastic review! We appreciate your business and loyalty!!

Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I understand that it was a busy weekend; we stayed there for the 4th weekend.
But really, you would expect to be ready and have more staff, for one of the busiest weekend by the beach area... there was only one guy at the front, struggling to take all the calls and requests, and one guy for amenities etc.

Check in was easy, but not very welcoming. Nothing said or done, but couldn't feel that welcoming effect, not even a fake one.

Room was up to date and nice, spacious. Kitchen clean as well.

2nd day, when we returned from the beach, hit the shower, and realized that our towels were taken, but not replaced!!!
I called the front, explained the situation. Waited for a while, no towels. Had to call several times to get answered, but still no resolution except complaining that everyone is requesting stuff and that they are short staffed, only one guy running around!!
I offered to come down to get it, but was told that would not work either.

All this, and not a single apology.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Homewood_VB, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites Hilton Virginia Beach. I am glad you were able to enjoy our property and amenities we offer. I am sorry to hear about your housekeeping issues and will address those problems with our team. I am also very sorry to hear no one apologized to you, on behalf of our entire team I am truly sorry for your issues that you experienced. I do appreciate you taking time to review our property. We hope to see you again in the future and have the opportunity to make a better impression on you. We appreciate your business.

Fair Lawn, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We checked in over July 4th weekend. This hotel was cheaper than most but was approx 20 minutes from the beach. The address says Virginia Beach but the restaurant across the street is in Norfolk. This hotel is right on the border of the 2 towns.

Check in was smooth and the room was very nice. Large king bed. Very clean kitchen area. If we were staying longer we would have taken advantage of the kitchen and made some meals in the room but since it was only a weekend trip we ate out.
There were 2 elevators but the one by the lobby was used the most. I don't think most of the guests realized there was another and I tried to use it as much as possible. The pool was clean and stocked with towels. There was a spa tub but i did not use it.
I used the exercise room once. There is 1 recumbent cycle, 2 treadmills and 2 elliptical machines. the room has a large screen TV and each of the machines has its own small TV screen where you can listen via headphones. They also have a selection of dumbbells and a workout bench. there is a water fountain and towels to clean the equipment after you are done.

The front desk has a nice supply of wine, beer and other sundries if you dont feel like heading out to a store. I picked up a nice bottle of 7 Deadly Zins Zinfandel for $18(not too much more than I would pay in a liquor store at home) and a bottle of Sam Adams Lager for $3(cheaper than you will get it at most bars!!)
Breakfast was hot and always stocked but got crowded in the serving area. Get there early, grab your food and get on with your day before the crowds descend and clog up the place. If you stay during the week, they also provide complimentary dinner Mon-Thurs. We arrived Fri and left Sun so we didn't have the opportunity to try it.

Overall I enjoyed my stay there and wish I would have been able to stay longer and take advantage of the location- even though it is 20 minutes from the beach it is also close to many attractions in Norfolk too.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
homewoodvabeach, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites Hilton Virginia Beach. I am glad you were able to enjoy our spacious suites and complimentary breakfast along with our other great amenities. We hope to see you again in the future. Again, thank you for your fantastic review! We appreciate your business and loyalty.

Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Extended stay property at which I only stayed one night, so didn’t take full advantage of all features. Rooms are large, with separate bedroom – a DVD player is included. Well equipped kitchen. Merely adequate breakfast buffet (a few hot items, fruit, cereal, breads, etc.) included in price. Has a guest laundry. Decent size fitness room with new equipment and a decent size swimming pool. Has a billiards table and a small putting green, which are nice touches. Location is in a non-descript office park and doesn’t appear to be in the best area, but is OK and provides easy access to I-64/I-264.
Staff were merely so-so; less enthusiastic than usually found at sister Hilton properties Hampton and Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites Hilton Virginia Beach. I am glad you were able to enjoy our spacious suites and complimentary meals. I am sorry you did not have a more upbeat experience with our staff and will share your comments with our team. We hope to see you again in the future. Again, thank you for your review! We appreciate your business and loyalty.

Sandi Stowers - Director of Sales

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport? Share your experiences!