You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport
Ranked #30 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Springfield, Virginia, United States
“Mostly Okay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

The Good: Staff was very friendly throughout, from the front desk, breakfast servers, to housekeeping. Rooms were clean and modern. Bathroom was very large. Main bed was comfy. Quality crib for our infant. Location is fine for accessing both VA beach and Norfolk. There's an excellent sea food restaurant within 3-5 minutes walking distance (Surf Rider West).

The bad: The pull-out couch mattress was horrible - there was no padding on top of the coils. Breakfast was sub-par - runny eggs, overcooked bacon, cold hash browns, no fruit or yogurt due to a late delivery truck. We ended up getting breakfast off site. Also, the pool was over chlorinated.

Keep In Mind: The elevator closest to the main desk is not timed well, and you can end up waiting for a while during busy parts of the day. Use the elevator closest to the pool.

Overall: We hope breakfast was a one time breakdown. Other than that, everything was sufficient for another visit if the price is right.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
homewoodvabeach, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach. I am glad you were able to enjoy our spacious suites and complimentary meals. I am sorry our supply was limited for breakfast one morning and I will address the situation with the food and beverage department. I will also look into the issue with the sleeper sofa and pool. Our pool is monitored daily through our chemical company, I will also reach out to them regarding your issue. We hope to see you again in the future. Again, thank you for your review! We appreciate your business.

Sandi Stowers, Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Gilbert, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Excellent and Outstanding. I hope everyone can stay at this hotel. Our experience was like no other. The staff (especially the front desk person) was nice and informative and friendly. We asked a million questions and they did not hesitate to answer all of our questions. May God continue to bless Homewood Suites.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites Hilton Virginia Beach. I am glad you were able to enjoy wonderful award wining hotel and staff. We pride ourselves on being able to please our guests and ensure they have a wonderful stay. We hope to see you again in the future. Again, thank you for your fantatic review! We appreciate your business.

Warm Regards,
Sandi Stowers - Director of Sales
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

This hotel is okay. Cleaning service would come to clean our room in the afternoon between 1 and 3. Also they didn't replace the toilet paper and other products when they cleaned out room. We had to keep asking for more. Also the hot tub needs to be cleaned are the pool needs to be refurbished.

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites Hilton Virginia Beach. I am glad you were able to enjoy our spacious suites and complimentary meals. I am sorry to hear about your housekeeping issues and will address those problems with our team. The hot tub has recently been drained and cleaned and the pool will be reburished later this year after the summer season. I do appreciate you taking time to review our property. We hope to see you again in the future. We appreciate your business.

Warm Regards,

Sandi Stowers - Director of Sales
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Breakfast is below par. Food was in poor conditions and sometimes they would run out. The rooms could use a little love and care. Shower doors were falling off the rails and the dishwasher did not work. Staff, gym and pool were nice. Overall I would probably stay there again for the price I paid.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

homewoodvabeach, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of the Homewood Suites Virginia Beach. I am glad that you enjoyed your overall experience with us. I would like to personally apologize for the maintenance issues in your room and the quality of breakfast provided to you. I will be sure to share your review with our team so that future guests do not have the same experience. We hope you will give us another try if you come back to the area. Please contact me personally if you plan to return so that I can ensure your satisfaction. We appreciate your business.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel room was clean. The beds were very comfortable. I must complain about the woman at the front desk. I felt like she was lazy and instead of checking us in ahead of time and giving us a time to return she said "I don't know when your room will be ready and there are 20 people ahead of you". Didn't really feel the welcome from her. The gentleman at the front desk was very nice and willing to help. The pool was filthy. The whirlpool was so cloudy I didn't dare to go in. Other than that the rooms were spacious and the location was convenient.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom Suites
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of the Homewood Suites Virginia Beach! I am glad that you enjoyed your overall experience with us, including our clean rooms and comfortable beds. I would like to personally apologize for your issue with our front desk representative and the pool. I will certainly address this with our team so that it does not happen again in the future. The pool has since been deep cleaned and properly treated due to extensive use over the holiday weekend. I hope you will consider staying with us again in the future! We appreciate your business.

Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel is right off highway and very close to places. 20 minutes to Virginia beach, 15 minutes to Norfolk botanical garden, 15 minutes to USS Wisconsin, 15 minutes to captain George seafood buffet. All the fun places are all within 20 minutes drive. The hotel offers free WiFi and complimentary breakfast. Decent size pool, but rather small fitness center. The room is big! It is really a suite instead of a hotel room. It has it's own kitchen! Decent size bathroom, and the room is clean. I am amazed by the quietness of the room. I have stayed at many hotels, and I never came across one, which you don't hear any hallway noise until this one. Unbelievably quiet. This is exactly where you want to stay after exhausting long day of touring.

One safety complain though. The fireplace base at the lobby is quite dangerous. It's very easy to kick the corner and trip yourself. I almost tripped myself on the first day and saw a lady almost tripped herself the next day. Just watch out for that fireplace base. Other than that, I enjoyed every bit of my stay at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Homewood Suites Virginia Beach! I am glad you were able to enjoy our large rooms, location, and pool. We hope to see you again if your travel needs bring you back to the area. We really appreciate your business and loyalty to the Hilton brand family of hotels.

Plymouth, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Excellent property-very relaxing stay when not conducting business offsite. Enjoyed the spaciousness of the suite. Also, ate in instead of a restaurant offsite. I saved quite a bit money by eating in my suite. Almost felt like I was home.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites Hilton Virginia Beach. I am glad you were able to enjoy our spacious suites and complimentary meals. We hope to see you again in the future. Again, thank you for your great review! We appreciate your business.

Meredith Alexander Brinkley

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport? Share your experiences!