You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York City, New York
“Comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel room was clean. The beds were very comfortable. I must complain about the woman at the front desk. I felt like she was lazy and instead of checking us in ahead of time and giving us a time to return she said "I don't know when your room will be ready and there are 20 people ahead of you". Didn't really feel the welcome from her. The gentleman at the front desk was very nice and willing to help. The pool was filthy. The whirlpool was so cloudy I didn't dare to go in. Other than that the rooms were spacious and the location was convenient.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom Suites
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
homewoodvabeach, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of the Homewood Suites Virginia Beach! I am glad that you enjoyed your overall experience with us, including our clean rooms and comfortable beds. I would like to personally apologize for your issue with our front desk representative and the pool. I will certainly address this with our team so that it does not happen again in the future. The pool has since been deep cleaned and properly treated due to extensive use over the holiday weekend. I hope you will consider staying with us again in the future! We appreciate your business.

Meredith A. Brinkley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel is right off highway and very close to places. 20 minutes to Virginia beach, 15 minutes to Norfolk botanical garden, 15 minutes to USS Wisconsin, 15 minutes to captain George seafood buffet. All the fun places are all within 20 minutes drive. The hotel offers free WiFi and complimentary breakfast. Decent size pool, but rather small fitness center. The room is big! It is really a suite instead of a hotel room. It has it's own kitchen! Decent size bathroom, and the room is clean. I am amazed by the quietness of the room. I have stayed at many hotels, and I never came across one, which you don't hear any hallway noise until this one. Unbelievably quiet. This is exactly where you want to stay after exhausting long day of touring.

One safety complain though. The fireplace base at the lobby is quite dangerous. It's very easy to kick the corner and trip yourself. I almost tripped myself on the first day and saw a lady almost tripped herself the next day. Just watch out for that fireplace base. Other than that, I enjoyed every bit of my stay at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful review of the Homewood Suites Virginia Beach! I am glad you were able to enjoy our large rooms, location, and pool. We hope to see you again if your travel needs bring you back to the area. We really appreciate your business and loyalty to the Hilton brand family of hotels.

Meredith A. Brinkley
Plymouth, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Excellent property-very relaxing stay when not conducting business offsite. Enjoyed the spaciousness of the suite. Also, ate in instead of a restaurant offsite. I saved quite a bit money by eating in my suite. Almost felt like I was home.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites Hilton Virginia Beach. I am glad you were able to enjoy our spacious suites and complimentary meals. We hope to see you again in the future. Again, thank you for your great review! We appreciate your business.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I love this place. It's my home away from home. The staff are very courteous and always wiling to help. Food is also great. Tiffany (food service ) will pamper you. The rooms are large and kept clean. Would definitely stay here all the time on my trips to Virginia Beach.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

homewoodvabeach, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Hello Joe,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites Virginia Beach! We appreciate your great review and your loyalty to our hotel. I will be sure to recognize Tiffany for her service to you. We hope to see you again soon!

Muscat, Oman
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Hotel is in a crowded location and not easy to find. Staff were not very friendly or helpfull but rather rude almost making you feel quilty for asking the question. Manager's reception is very poor limited choice of food with low quality and NO choice in variety (only shreaded pork, red beens/rice mix, and crits). Even breakfast was disappointing with only scrambled eggs and no options. All in all too little value for the price.

Dear Guest,
I appreciate the review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service. I have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience a hopefully improved level of customer service. Hopefully next time you can stay for more than one night and really get to experience all that we offer. Thank you once again for your comments and we hope to see you return soon.

Meredith Brinkley
Riverside, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Love it very Clean Staff professional and friendly....Yes, I wanted to compliment your staff on the professionalism and friendliness. The wiliness to assist the guest in any and every way possible. Alexis and Cherita were very helpful in storing luggage until our flight left at a later time. My family felt very comfortable, almost like we were at home, just what you want from Homewood Suites. I want to thank Alexis and Cherita for the best Customer Experience.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach! I will share your comments with our team. I am glad Cherita and Alexis made a good impression on your visit. I will be sure to give them the "kudos" they deserve! We hope you will be able to visit us again in the future. We appreciate your business.

Las Vegas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Outstanding Facility and Staff! Spent 3 days at this Homewood Suites. Perfect stay! From check-in to check-out, from the iron to daily room cleaning everything was perfect. Highly recommend this Homewood Suites when staying in the Sterling/Herndon/Dulles area!

Hello,
Thank you so much for your great review. I am glad you had a great experience with us. We hope to welcome you again soon!

Meredith Alexander Brinkley

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport? Share your experiences!