Six-story Hilton Homewood (HH) -- 120+ suites -- in geographically ideal location: a 15-minute drive from airport, business/works sites, & beach. Location combined with Homewood’s hospitality, breakfasts, & dinners, makes things easier if you’re at work or play.
Excellent for short or long stays -- whether alone, with significant other, or family -- on business or pleasure. Convenient if you plan on eating out, cooking (in fully supplied kitchenette), or eating breakfasts & dinners at lodge.
Approx. Drive Times/ Distances (Depending on Traffic)
• 15 min. (7 mi/ 11 km) to Norfolk International Airport (ORF)
• 15-20 min. (13 mi/ 21 km) to Virginia Beach (I-264E)
• 5 min. (1 mi/ 1.6 km) to Ruby Tuesday eatery (on Newtown Rd.)
• 1 min. to I-264 (Virginia Beach Expressway) &
to I-64 (Hampton Roads Beltway)
Free HH shuttle drives you to locations within 5 mi. (8 km) of hotel, but not to Norfolk International Airport (ORF).
• Clean, spacious, comfortable, modern suite: living room, kitchenette (with cookware/ utensils), bedroom, bathroom (with spacious, sliding glass shower door -- no bathtub).
• Kitchen table doubles as desk, which reduces surface area to spread out on. (Non-issue if travelling solo or as couple, but can see it being annoying if a family (of 3+) that prefer to dine at kitchen table *and* need separate work/ desk area.)
• Swivel LCD TV to aim where you're situated in room: kitchenette, table/ desk, sofa.
• Free Internet/WiFi.
Free Hot & Cold Breakfast (Each Morning)
• Eat in spacious, open/airy lodge. (No elbow-to-elbow crowding at tables or food counters.)
• Standard HH quality hot food (eggs, meats, potatoes, oatmeal, etc.) & cold items (cereals, pastries, muffins, bagels, juices, milk, etc.). Healthy choices available (fruit, plain yoghurt). (Greek yoghurt, "real" whole grain bread, & more variety of fresh in-season fruit is on wish list.)
• Hoped for more frequent rotation of hot breakfast items (cheese folded egg, sausage patties, french toast sticks became routine). (For repeat and/ or long stay, *more* rotation/ variety is much appreciated.)
• Depleted items promptly replenished. (No waiting, particularly if you need to be somewhere: worksite/ beach.) (Only waiting is for 2 sets of elevators, which can run slowly – particularly at morning/evening rush. Stairs help.)
Free Dinners (Mon., Tue., Wed., Thur.)
• Full, balanced meals (not appetizers) of meat/ chicken/ fish, potato/ rice/ bread, vegetables, lasagna, fajitas, barbecue pork etc.. (Excellent variety & rotation; a godsend if your staying several weeks.)
• Fresh salads with accompanying veg (tomato, cuke, carrot, etc.) on side to add as you like (with choice of dressing) at each dinner.
• Tea & lemonade are standard evening drinks -- no sodas. (Mixing tea & lemonade together is tasty; add water if you find it too sweet.)
• Four nights a week, you come home to convenience of a ready-made meal & needn't drive around looking for takeout. (Provided you're not working evenings.) Dinner starts at 5pm or 5:30pm(?) ends around 7pm(?) -- if remembering correctly.
• Four free full meals adds up to significant $ savings -- particularly if you're on a tight budget or are travelling with several family members.
• In general, HH has better full evening meals than lower to mid-level Marriott Residence Inns (RIs) -- but on-par meals with higher level RIs. (If you're a frequent long stay/ repeat guests of both brands (Hilton Homewoods & Marriott RIs), you appreciate the subtle (& not so subtle) meal differences -- particularly if you like varied/ healthy meals without having to seek outside eateries after a long day.)
• Modern guest laundry with 3 washers ($2) & 3 dryers ($2): clean & working.
• Exercise room with modern equipment with built-in TV screens (ellipticals, treadmills, bike, weights); space to breath -- you won’t feel cramped. (Exercise during wash & dry cycles.)
• Two modern/ working computers, color printer, copier, & plenty of paper allow for easy printing & copying in comfortable seated business center. (Print work documents or just boarding passes.)
• Free, self-parking. (No difficulty finding open spots.)
• After work/ dinner stroll around corporate/ office park (Cleveland St.), also neighbourhood (off Larry Ave.).
• Staff can guide you to nearby grocery stores, if you'd like to do your own shopping/ cooking.
• Hallways are wide/ spacious; claustrophobes delight.
• Away from touristy beach waterfront if you prefer to be away from crowds (& dense traffic) -- especially during high season. (Only 15 minutes from beach -- but have to find & pay for parking.)
• Considerable cost savings (can be double) from waterfront hotels -- particularly during peak season.
• Well up to HH's high standards with genuinely helpful staff, who understand service. Consistent, reliable quality & service.
(Homewoods. I wish they were in even *more* cities/ locations.)
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.