“We absolutely loved it!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5733 Cleveland Street, Virginia Beach, VA 23462   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Military Family Rate
Ranked #32 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“We absolutely loved it!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

We stayed with our two small children in the one bedroom suite. Everything was new and clean. The kitchen had a sink with a garbage displosal, a full size microwave, fridge, and dishwasher. A kitchen table and a two burner glass top stove (no oven). The living room and the bedroom both had it's own 37 in LCD TV (regular cable). The channel options were very good. I've never seen a hotel with that many channels before! The hotel provided dish soap and dishwasher soap, paper towels, Nutrigena bath ammenities, makeup remover wipes, and a little packette of q-tips and cotton pads. The breakfast was great! Eggs, bacon, hashbrowns, danishes, waffle mix and two waffle irons( the waffles were sooooo good! They had the dinner Mon thru Thurs with dollar beers and wine glasses. The little store by the front desk has snacks, drinks, ammenities, also a couple different kinds of beer. There is no bar, that's the only thing that was missing at this hotel. There is an indoor pool, wich was a little warm and chlorinated. I don't know hat a normal chlorine percentage is, but to me it seemed a little high. The hot tub was nice sized and relaxing. The staff was the most friendly staff ever. Every employee in the hotel was very friendly all the time. Housekeeping did a wonderful job while we were away at the beach. That service is available whenever, not just when they pass by your room like at some other places. Our only regret is that it was a little far away from the beach. Although the trip to the beach is actually very easy. The highway is right near the hotel and it takes you straight into the beach area. Very easy ten minute trip. The hotel was very quiet. We never heard anything from the neighboring rooms (upstairs or next to us). The rooms must be soundproofed. Anyway, everything was great and they made us feel at home the whole time. Too bad your trip always has to end!!

Room Tip: The 1 king bed bedroom suite has a shower only. They told me that the 2 bed suite has a tub combo.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
homewoodvabeach, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
Hello,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write. Your WONDERFUL review means alot to our team. I am so glad you had a good experience with us. I hope you will come to visit us again next summer. Please call me directly and I will be happy to handle your reservation personally. My contact number is 757-552-0080 Ext. 2001. Thanks again and have a great summer,
Meredith Brinkley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

The free dinner at night is usually good (M-Thurs). The rooms are spacious and the price is not bad compared to something near the beach. We stay here when visiting family. They are all studio suites or 2 room suites with a kitchen.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
homewoodvabeach, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, May 3, 2011
Hello, and thank you for commenting on your stay with us! We are always happy to receive comments like yours. We know there are several choices when it comes to hotels in this area, so we appreciate you selecting Homewood Suites by Hilton, Virginia Beach as your "home away from home"! We hope to have you as our guest in the future! Thank you again!
Durham, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

We stayed at this hotel the weekend before easter - returning on Tuesday.

I rarely complain about service, but I feel compelled to complain about this property. As a background, I am HHonors Gold so I stay at Hiltons all over the country - including many Homewood Suites, HGIs, and Embassy Suites facilities.

First, the good news:

The hotel was conveniently situated to Norfolk, Virginia Beach and the Norfolk Naval base. The hotel itself was nice. Rooms were well decorated; hallways well lit; hotel pool was taken care of but the pool water was - well - on the tepid side.

The mattress in our room was a bit on the worn side and two of the support springs on the childrens' fold out bed were busted. These were little annoyances, but we could deal with them.

Now my complaint: management was - putting it mildly - ill prepared to deal with a large volume of guests over a holiday week. In the three nights that we stayed there, breakfast was a total and utter fiasco each day. Management kept the "buffet" staffed by ONE person who could not possibly keep up with the volume of guests who came to eat. At times there were no plates, no bowls, no yogurt, no orange juice, no waffle batter, and essentially no fresh fruit. The kitchen worker was racing to keep up with demand, but it was simply not possible to get dishes washed, food items replenished, and properly maintain the cleanliness of the eating area.

We complained to management that there were not sufficient eating implements available for guests (guests having to eat from bowls, guests having to get the last drip of batter out of a mini carafe, guests having to scrounge around for a fork), and that the single worker could not possibly keep up with demand. Management seemingly acknowledged the concerns, but the problem repeated itself the next two days.

I cannot understand how management could be so ill prepared and be unable to ensure that guests had adequate breakfast items, and to repeat the same mistakes over and over.

Kudos to the kitchen worker; no kudos to management....

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
homewoodvabeach, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport, responded to this review, April 28, 2011
Thank you for your review of the Homewood Suites in Virginia Beach. I am very sorry to hear about your experience at breakfast and your dissatisfaction with our management team. We have since adjusted our staffing so that our guests will recieve exceptional service while enjoying our complimentary breakfast buffet. I invite you to give us another try if your travel needs bring your back to the Norfolk/Virginia Beach area. I am glad you enjoyed the rest of your stay. I apologize for not being aware of your issues while you were here and if you would like to discuss it further, please contact me anytime at 757-552-0080. Again, we appreciate your review and business.
Regards, Meredith Alexander Brinkley
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

This is the fourth Homewood Suites we've stayed in and they are all similar, which is to say excellent. A real two-room suite with a connecting door allowing hallway noises to be confined to the sitting room while you sleep with the door closed. A modern HVAC system that's quiet and allows a restful night's sleep. A kitchenette complete with dishes, glasses, pots & pans, etc. in case you don't want to eat out. Thick, thirsty towels and a roomy bath. A clean room with all equipment working properly. And of course breakfast and an evening "manager's reception" with enough food to substitute for dinner unless you're really hungry. This particular Homewood is in an excellent location, close to two major interstates, so it's easy to get on the road wherever you might be headed. As others have said, there are only two restaurants nearby, so that may be a consideration for some. About the only negative during our stay was that this is Easter week, so school was out. That meant several misbehaving children and a few clueless parents in the breakfast room, but that's hardly the hotel's fault.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Hello,
Thank you for much for your great review! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Homewood Suites in Virginia Beach. I hope you will stay with us (and the Homewood Suites brand) again in the future.
Regards,
Meredith Alexander-Brinkley
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

What really stands out to me was the incredible staff at this hotel. Everyone was polite and always asking if they could help us or get us anything. They really made us feel welcome and did a wonderful job at anticipating our needs.The hot breakfast and weekday evening meals are wonderful especially since we were traveling with toddlers. We were able to take the food to our room to feed them where there were less distractions. The whole hotel is very clean and I didn't worry about the grandkids crawling around on the carpeting. The beds are very comfortable and we loved that the room is very dark. The pool was a little too cool for the kids but it was clean. We will definantly be back!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Hello,
I am the new General Manager of the Homewood Suites in Virginia Beach. Thank you for much for reviewing our hotel. It really means alot to us! We hope to see you again soon.
Regards,
Meredith Alexander-Brinkley
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

I normally don't write reviews with the hotels I stay in. I'm a Diamond level Rewards member with Hilton and I have stayed in a lot of hotels the past couple years. Hotel breakfast is pretty good, you get a combination of eggs, sausage, bacon, hashbrowns, and waffles you can make yourself. Parking lot is really spacious, which is good. Pool looks really nice and it bigger than your normal sized indoor pool at a hotel I'd say. The rooms have an actual shower instead of a bathtub. Overall, just a nice relatively new hotel, not quite 3 years old, and I'd recommend to anyone! Checking out is great as they just slip the bill under your door on the date of your check-out.

I lost my rental car keys down the elevator over the weekend here. I was really surprised I got a call from the front desk this morning to come pick them up. Nice of them to go out of their way to help me out a bunch there as I really needed to get them. Thank you so much Maintenance Guys!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel during a recent visit to Virginia.
The staff was very courteous and helpful. The rooms were clean,
updated and very spacious. Flat screen televisions were
in the living area and bedroom. The beds and pillows
were very comfortable.The hotel is set back from the main
road. You cannot hear road noise at night. Breakfast
was the standard Homewood Suites breakfast
which is always good. The breakfast staff replenished
the breakfast items promptly. The hotel is
about 12 miles from the beach. Many restaurants
are nearby. If visiting this area again,
I would definitely stay at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Virginia Beach/Norfolk Airport? Share your experiences!