“Delicious” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 1,159 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Sandwiches, Vegetarian, Delicatessen
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery
Description: For 40 years, TASTE has been the locals' favorite for lunch all day, featuring sandwiches with our famous house dressing. Pre-order boxed lunches or catering platters for your group events. We offer gourmet provisions, wine, craft beers, gelato, and Virginia peanuts. Our Pacific Avenue location also offers beer & wine by the glass to enjoy with your meal. Taste the good life!
~~~
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Great sandwiches and gourmet sides and deserts. The special sauce is my favorite!

Visited July 2011

Chicago, Illinois
“Great Sandwiches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

Clean, cute and terrific with a creative and eclectic sandwich selection. Reasonably priced.

Visited March 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Mmmm....Taste is tasty!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

I have visited the Hilltop location on many occasions. It is the perfect place to go with girlfriends or grab food for a special picnic. I enjoy the variety of unique and delicious salads and sandwiches. I have tried something different each time and have always been extremely impressed. They are a little pricier than a fast food restaurant, but it is fair for the excellent quality that you get. They also have many bottled drinks, snacks, and gift items too! We have lived in VB almost a year and this has become one of my all time favorite places!

• Visited February 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A fresh and awesome sandwich.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

We went to the Hilltop location for Taste, and the sandwiches were top knotch. Very fresh ingredients and an EXTREMELY generously sized portion. The gelato was at least equally as delicious as the sandwiches. If we were in Virginia Beach longer we would have no trouble becoming regulars.

Leesburg, Virginia
“One of my favorite places to visit in VA Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

I went to the original store in hilltop plaza not this one. Taste has been a VA beach establishment for 38 years. They offer gourmet food and sandwiches with a selection of beer and wine. I had macaroni and cheese that was unbelievable. My friend had the curried chicken salad and the regular chicken salad. They have wonderful cookies. In the hilltop store they just moved to a larger location and have better seating, beers on draft , and large leather chairs. The place looks great. My favorite sandwich is the larchmont. It is their pimento cheese sandwich. The pimento cheese has chunks of cheese and a little kick to it. You order at a deli counter and wait to be paged. If u are in a hurry it will take a while. They have premade sandwiches if you don't feel like waiting. The hilltop store features a selection of gelato also. I have been twice to taste on shore drive also. Same food but you eat outside. Great for October not so great for January. I plan to hit Taste one more time before I leave the VA beach area. Prices are what you would expect for an upscale deli.