“Definitely in my top 5 breakfasts” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
North Carolina
“Definitely in my top 5 breakfasts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I had the sweet potato pancakes with pecans that were so perfect. The pecans were cooked in the pancakes which is the only way to do it but some places sprinkle on top. This was my first time w/the sweet potato and pecan combo which tastes like Thanksgiving dinner in a pancake. My husband had a huge omelet with sausage and bacon and potatoes and toast. The service was very good and the ambience, a house converted, was great for breakfast. An easy walk from our hotel at 20th and Atlantic.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Wichita, Kansas
“Don't go anywhere else for breakfast/brunch!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

This is the local's favorite... I lived in VB for decades before a friend clued me in on their existence. I moved away, but everytime I'm back in VB, I don't miss Doc Taylor's and the Seaside (next door, which we lovingly refer to as the "staging area"). We always get porch tables if we can (unless we have a huge group). I miss my RayRay... he's cooking for you. My local friends are still there every weekend. The food is fantastic and extremely reasonably priced (cheap, but it's GOOD) and they have $2 mimosas & vodka drinks. 7-3 everyday, they close and then open next door at Tautog's for dinner. I'd recommend keeping to the morning, the evening is not nearly as good.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Charleston, South Carolina
“Perfect Beach Breakfast Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I love breakfast places, and Doc Taylor's is undoubtedly among the best! Mostly classic breakfast, brunch, and lunch items, but all cooked perfectly. I ordered the Flatliner and Sweet Potato Pecan pancakes, and my friend ordered the Ray Ray and Doctor Tuttle's French Toast, all of which I'd highly recommend. Prices were certainly reasonable. Service was great. Atmosphere was relaxed, with interesting things to look at inside its beach house location. Free parking lot in the back. We arrived at 10 am, and there was a 45-minute wait. But it was no big deal, as we ordered mimosas and bloody Marys at the bar (decent, considering they were only $2.50 each!) and drank them outside on the restaurant's lawn chairs.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Maryland
“Spicy Eggs Benedict”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We met up with extended family for a relaxed breakfast in the screened in porch area. The restaurant was hopping and although we had to wait a little for a table, once inside our waitress was quick to take our orders. Of the several orders at our table, I ordered the Eggs Benedict. The eggs were poached perfectly and the hollandaise was served with a bit of spice over toasted English muffins.
I found this a fun local spot, close to the beach to get a delicious breakfast. Highly recommend and would suggest making reservations for faster seating.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ontario's Highlands, Canada
“great food, busy spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

This place is only open for breakfast and lunch. They do a brisk business, we had to wait about 15 min to be seated, but it was definitely worth the wait. The food was tasty, well prepared and well presented. The restaurant was packed and a little busier than I might have liked, but once we were seated we got our food very quickly. I would definitely come back.

Visited May 2014