“Hopefully will live up to its potential” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Virginia Beach Town Center

You added Westin Virginia Beach Town Center to your Saves list
Westin Virginia Beach Town Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4535 Commerce St, Virginia Beach, VA 23462 (Northwest Virginia Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #27 of 114 Hotels in Virginia Beach
Seattle, Washington
“Hopefully will live up to its potential”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2008

The Westin at the Town Center in Virginia Beach is truly a beautiful hotel. The location is terrific and the room beautifully furnished. The staff is friendly and helpful There is one major problem - there is something terribly wrong with the pipes. When I turned the hot water on the groaning from the pipes was VERY loud.
Then I noticed all the rooms around me had the same problem and it was loud enough to disturb my sleep. I asked at the front desk and they admitted they were having major problems with the noise since the hotel was built last year. The other thing I noticed. As I was looking out the window I heard and saw firetrucks surrounding the building. Having been caught in a high rise fire years ago, I waisted no time in walking down the 13 flights of stairs. The problem I had was that in the stairwell I was in, the bottom floor led into a cellar area that I was afraid to enter. There were no markings for an exit or the lobby. Luckily it was a false alarm! I hope they correct this soon! I think once the pipe issue is resolved it will be a wonderful place to stay. Oh, one other thing. I ordered breakfast in the room. Continental breakfast delivered to the room with a single cup of coffee was $28! And the coffee was cold as was the english muffin. When I complained they quickly removed the charge from my bill. I suggest going out for breakfast!

• Liked — Beautiful furnishing and great location
  • Disliked — Noisy Pipes
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Richmond, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2008

I stayed two days and overall liked the hotel. It was one of two nice hotels in the area that allowed my small dog. They allowed me to change my room twice because I didn't like the view, with no attitude towards me. The final room was so big we could have put two more queen beds and still had a little room left, my dog just ran and ran. The beds are glorious. Once I switched the view was great. Parking is free and tons of food/shopping in walking distance. Some things I didn't like about this hotel: Both of the rooms had floors with many many stains on the carpet, I was hesitant to let my dog walk around on them. Also there were two pillowcases with blue and yellow huge streaks all over them that were turned around and tucked behind others. I just used the other ones on the bed, there were 5 total on each queen bed!! I ordered room service which ended up costing $23 for a cheeseburger/chips/soda ($12 on the menu, rest was fees). The second night we just ordered to go from Cheesecake Factory, @ the corner, and ate in the room, which was actually great. Wireless was $10 per room, not happy about that . Tv was flat, big and had over 40 channels but they were mostly sports or stuff I never watch. I would encourage anyone to stay here.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Floors were Dirty
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2008

I stayed here for several nights at the beginning of October, 2008. I was in town for a wedding in Virginia Beach, but I was also visiting friends in Norfolk, so this location worked out well for me since I had a rental car. Parking was free and seemed quite secure. The hotel is close to a mall with a sandwich shop and other amenities that were helpful to me throughout my stay.

This Westin is nice as far as Westin properties go. The gym was huge and new, the lobby looked great, and the staff were, for the most part, extremely helpful. My only complaints are the small room I had on the Club floor (other Westins have larger rooms on comparable floors at similar rates), and the general level of cleanliness of my room. It was fairly clean, but I found a large piece of broken glass once I got to the room. At least two pillowcases had black stains on them as well, and the bathroom could have been a little cleaner (I found a few hairs that weren't mine).

On the whole, I liked this hotel and would stay there again.

• Liked — Free, secure parking
  • Disliked — Cleanliness of room could have been better
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fairfax, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2008

I went to Virginia Beach this weekend and I don't regret staying at this hotel. The hotel is beautiful, clean and the staff is very responsive. Check in/out process was totally painless. We arrived at 4:30 pm and without asking they upgraded us to a bigger room with a nice view. The area looks new and in development. There are a lot of nice restaurants and stores and the Center of Performing Arts is just across the street. My only complain is that we forgot to bring toothpaste and they didn't provide that.

Rates are reasonable and you can't beat free parking :-)

• Liked — Spacious Room, Location
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Bethlehem ,Pa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2008

Stayed at the Westin with my family while vacationing at Virginia Beach. After reading all the reviews, we decided to stay at theWestin which is about a ten minute drive from the beachfront. The hotel is absolutely beautiful. The room was georgous and very spacious. The bedding was clean and plush. the bed and pillows were awesome and we looked forward to returning to the room after a day at the beach. However, the air conditioning was not working. For three days in a row we were calling down to front desk after our room would reach temperature of 77 plus. They would send someone up and all three times we were told, the problem was fixed. All three people told us different stories as to why the air conditioning was not working. Finally after three days, miraculously, the room stayed at a comfortable temperature. On one occasion , after returning from a long day at the beach, we found that our beds were not made. We called room service and were told they would be taking care of it right away and we waited more than four hours. The hotel itself is beautiful and I would certainly stay again. The staff did indeed respond to our needs and overall we had a wonderful time.
I would highly recommend this hotel. Excluding minor inconveniences, the hotel served us well.

• Liked — room comfort
  • Disliked — air conditioning
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Dubai, UAE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2008

Stayed here for 4 nights - this hotel was a real treat after spending one night in a hotel at the beach. The room was spotless, the HD program great. The gym looked brand new and they have plenty cardio devices. The bar downstairs was nice and the service was great. It is really close to the little city centre with restaurants and pubs. Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2008

We stayed over labor day weekend and had three rooms at the hotel. The staff was great, the rooms were perfect and the location is very good. The hotel is not on water but is located in a great town center with restaurants and everything you could ask for. It was only a 10 minute car ride to the beach. Overall, I would recommend this hotel very highly. In seeing the other hotels in the area, this looked like a palace. Valet service was good and overall the staff did a great job.

Very impressed!

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Westin Virginia Beach Town Center? Share your experiences!