We stayed in a Westin Towne Center in Huntsville, AL and it was delightful so we figured the property in VA Beach would be similar. We were wrong. Upon check-in the staff member made a big deal that the reservation was in my husband's name ( he was parking the car) and had to get a supervisor to assist. I was told the contract was with "my husband" but they would make an exception. Seriously? We travel a lot and have never run into that. My credit card had the same last name as my husband but they made me feel like they were doing me a favor. Annoyed. Room was spacious but the carpet stained, fridge wobbly and had a sticky substance on the door handle.
The good parts: This hotel is very dig-friendly and does not charge extra for them. Walking distance to several restaurants, but most are chains.
We will not stay here again and will question Westins in other locations. Not a good experience.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Virginia Beach Town Hotel
- Westin Virginia Beach Town Hotel Virginia Beach
- Westin Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Westin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 236 beautifully appointed rooms include Deluxe Rooms and Suites as well as a private Executive Club floor. Able to host gatherings from 20-500; committed to sustainability and eco-friendly practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Amex, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Westin Virginia Beach Town Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.