We stayed here for 5 nights during our move from VB. We had an excellent rate for military but not sure I would have wanted to pay full rate . The location is excellent - within walking distance to all the restaurants in the Town Centre and with easy road access to Norfolk and other areas, which is why we chose it. The lobby is smart and there is a coffee shop, and on site restaurant too, which we did not visit. I had a couple of exchanges with the reception staff who were pleasant and professional, but not especially warm and welcoming on the whole. The room was on the 8th floor - standard double queen with a great view out towards Norfolk, which you could see lit up at night and which afforded us some lovely sunset views too, although below us was the top floor of the carpark, so not massively picturesque if you looked down. The beds were super comfy with great bed linen and the room was quiet, which was just what we needed. I ordered a lunch time salad one day by room service. I ordered it at 10.30 and requested it for 11 and it arrived at 11.20. It was tasty, but pricey as you expect for room service, once all the taxes/gratuities etc are added on - around $20 for the salad and a coke.
My biggest gripe with the hotel was that wifi cost $9.99 each 24 hour period, not even a discount if you stayed for longer. I appreciate that there is a business centre with use of 3 pcs and a printer which was good, but I feel it is slightly cynical in this day and age to charge for in room wifi, and this did irritate me.Even membership of the hotel loyalty scheme did not include free wifi as it does with Kimpton , for example. Wifi is available for free down the road in various restuarants ( like Panera Bread) so it should not be too tricky for Westin to implement this.
Parking is also free and plentiful in the multi story car park next door with lift service into the hotel lobby which is a bonus.
On the whole a nice stay in a typical business hotel with just the wifi charge leaving me wanting, which is the main reason I gave the hotel 4 stars.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Virginia Beach Town Hotel Virginia Beach
- Westin Virginia Beach Town Hotel
- Westin Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Westin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 236 beautifully appointed rooms include Deluxe Rooms and Suites as well as a private Executive Club floor. Able to host gatherings from 20-500; committed to sustainability and eco-friendly practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Starwood, Tingo, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Westin Virginia Beach Town Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.