I came away from my stay at the Westin with very mixed emotions. On the plus side, the rooms are quite large with a calming decor and ultra quiet. And, of course, there's the Heavenly Bed. So, if it's a good night's sleep you're after, the Westin is the perfect place to get it.
And the location is good... assuming that your primary interest is chain restaurants and shops. The Town Center is one of those "insta-neighborhoods"... an attempt to give sprawling Virginia Beach an identity beyond the oceanfront. I guess it kinda works, but I don't find it particularly compelling. Give me a *real* city any day.
Now for the negative. There were troubling signs of deferred maintenance... little things but noticeable. Touch-up paint was needed all over the hotel and there were noticeable "dings" on the furnishing. After five years, it's expected that walls and finishes would get roughed up a bit, but management would do well to do a little spit and polish before things get out of hand. More troubling was the state of the carpet in my room. There was a big stain on the carpet where someone had clearly spilled coffee and other little stains here and there. Overall, the room was clean, but the carpet stain was off-putting to say the least.
Also not to my liking were the room service options. The menu items were very, ahem, ambitious. Sure, I'll go for fancy stuff with interesting ingredients if I'm in a restaurant, but usually if I'm going for room service, I just want something basic. Basic items were in short supply on the room service menu.
So, I can't really say that the Westin is a "bad" hotel, nor would I recommend that you stay away. It's just not for me.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Virginia Beach Town Hotel
- Westin Virginia Beach Town Hotel Virginia Beach
- Westin Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Westin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 236 beautifully appointed rooms include Deluxe Rooms and Suites as well as a private Executive Club floor. Able to host gatherings from 20-500; committed to sustainability and eco-friendly practices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Amex, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Westin Virginia Beach Town Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.