“Pretty good ...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Virginia Beach Town Center

Save Saved
You added Westin Virginia Beach Town Center to your Saves list
Westin Virginia Beach Town Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4535 Commerce St, Virginia Beach, VA 23462 (Northwest Virginia Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #36 of 115 hotels in Virginia Beach
Norfolk, Virginia
“Pretty good ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Some hotels rise to the occasion of a holiday, some business hotels not so much. I stayed here over Thanksgiving, as my sister's house was just too full. This is a business hotel, but they did a good job of staying staffed and keeping up services. The hotel is clean and is attached to free pubic parking. The rooms are good size.

There are many nice shops around this area as the Virginia Beach council has helped to create a "central city". VB has encouraged an eco approach to living, but I still have a trouble with the lighting in a hotel room being 100% fluorescent. It just seems so cold when you need a touch of "cozy". Overall I recommend this hotel, bring your own light bulbs would be my only suggestion.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
WestinVAManager, Manager at Westin Virginia Beach Town Center, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you for sharing your observations with us. We use comments like yours to plan future renovations to help give our guests the most outstanding experience possible.

372 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Westin on business but was able to enjoy part of my weekend in Towne Center. Special thanks to Jay at the desk who gave me a beautiful corner room on a higher floor it was beautiful and had a great view. Everything was so clean. The housekeeper was really rude and nasty when I was locked out as I was getting my luggage out to check out but minus her my experience was a great one overall. I will stay here anytime I am in Va Beach.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for taking time to share your comments. We will review all of your observations with our team as we continue to encourage and train on giving outstanding Westin service to our guests.

We will specifically recognize Jay from our front desk for his role in making your stay a positive experience.
Glen Allen, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

The Westin is now my only place to stay in the Virginia Beach area. While here for business during the start of hurricane Sandy, it was so nice to know I'd be returning each evening to smiling staff and a good nights sleep. Tried the restaurant for an early Sunday morning breakfast, and the charming waitress and delicious meal were a great way to start the day.

• Stayed October 2012
We are excited to hear that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations during your visit with us in Virginia Beach. We will share and celebrate your comments with our team. We look forward to serving you again soon.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed her for business one night. The only amenity we used was the restaurant for breakfast. Fast, good service and yummy. Nice room. Comfortable bed. No complaints. Would stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
On behalf of the entire Westin team here in Virginia Beach, thank you for the positive comments you have shared. We are so pleased to hear about your wonderful stay with us and that we are your hotel of choice for the future! We look forward to serving you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed here for a conference that last 4 days. I appreciated being near the beach but not having to deal with the inflated prices. This hotel lives up to the Westin reputation and was very enjoyable. The food in the hotel was a bit bland. What made up for this was the variety of restaurants in the surrounding vicinity (Cheesecake factory, Macaroni Grill, Coldstone, Ruth's Chris, and alot of local restaurants with great eats). Our bed was comfy and room service was fast and courtesy. Overall, an enjoyable stay!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at The Westin Virginia Beach Town Center. We’re delighted you enjoyed your stay and excited that others will take from your feedback what a truly wonderful hotel we have. Safe travels and we look forward to your return.
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed at the Westin because, well, we love Westin - beds and bath. This location is in the Town Center complex off I-264/Independence Blvd.; which is about 15+ mins from oceanfront depending on traffic (for those that don't know, this is NOT an oceanfront or on the boardwalk property); next to a small convention center with lots of upscale and casual restaurants/bars. Check in staff was very nice, lobby and public areas as well as the room neat, tidy, and clean. I was disappointed in the fact that they did not have (or did not participate - I'm not sure) any Westin KidsClub 'stuff' for their younger guests. Checked with two different staff members, at different times - one said they were out, the other said they were not given out on checkin, available via sales office. (?)

The room was nicely appointed, clean however the bedding products were either a lower quality Westing bedding product, or were overly laundered as they weren't the Westin quality that I'm usually acustom to - same for towels and pillows. Pool was warm and clean, large workout area. Bar/Lounge was standard hotel fare.

Tip: 1) The hotel "book" that advises of policies and amenities is on the TV, not in the room. 2) Be careful in navigating the parking deck in your vehicle (especially SUV's) very tight and blind corners - really, watch out or you might have a wreck

Room Tip: Corner rooms offer a corner window (can provide you with a view - parking lots/shopping center/towar...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments concerning you recent stay with us. We look forward to serving you again next time you visit Virginia Beach!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel Sept 27-30. When we arrived the person out front did not speak to us. The front desk staff was very nice and told us where to park. The parking is convenient but you have to be careful driving in the garage. The last night there it was full and we had to park somewhere else. I think they should let guests of the Westin still park there. We had breakfast and room service. The food was very good as was the service. We did have a huge stain on our carpet in front of the TV. Otherwise the room was great. I do have to mention on Saturday Sept 29. I was in my room alone. My husband had just left. I heard the key and I thought he forgot something. In walks a hotel employee! She was Hispanic and could not speak any English. I think she had left something in one of the rooms and was trying to find it. She did not call out before she entered the room. I was shocked! All in all we had a great stay and the staff was friendly.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
WestinVAManager, Manager at Westin Virginia Beach Town Center, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We will celebrate your positive comments with our front desk and culinary teams. We will also use your other observations for continued training with our housekeeping team as we do have standard procedures when entering our guest’s rooms. Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Been to Westin Virginia Beach Town Center? Share your experiences!