“Nice Hotel for the Money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Virginia Beach Town Center

Save Saved
You added Westin Virginia Beach Town Center to your Saves list
Westin Virginia Beach Town Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4535 Commerce St, Virginia Beach, VA 23462 (Northwest Virginia Beach)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #35 of 115 hotels in Virginia Beach
“Nice Hotel for the Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed here for a conference that last 4 days. I appreciated being near the beach but not having to deal with the inflated prices. This hotel lives up to the Westin reputation and was very enjoyable. The food in the hotel was a bit bland. What made up for this was the variety of restaurants in the surrounding vicinity (Cheesecake factory, Macaroni Grill, Coldstone, Ruth's Chris, and alot of local restaurants with great eats). Our bed was comfy and room service was fast and courtesy. Overall, an enjoyable stay!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
WestinVAManager, Manager at Westin Virginia Beach Town Center, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at The Westin Virginia Beach Town Center. We’re delighted you enjoyed your stay and excited that others will take from your feedback what a truly wonderful hotel we have. Safe travels and we look forward to your return.

366 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed at the Westin because, well, we love Westin - beds and bath. This location is in the Town Center complex off I-264/Independence Blvd.; which is about 15+ mins from oceanfront depending on traffic (for those that don't know, this is NOT an oceanfront or on the boardwalk property); next to a small convention center with lots of upscale and casual restaurants/bars. Check in staff was very nice, lobby and public areas as well as the room neat, tidy, and clean. I was disappointed in the fact that they did not have (or did not participate - I'm not sure) any Westin KidsClub 'stuff' for their younger guests. Checked with two different staff members, at different times - one said they were out, the other said they were not given out on checkin, available via sales office. (?)

The room was nicely appointed, clean however the bedding products were either a lower quality Westing bedding product, or were overly laundered as they weren't the Westin quality that I'm usually acustom to - same for towels and pillows. Pool was warm and clean, large workout area. Bar/Lounge was standard hotel fare.

Tip: 1) The hotel "book" that advises of policies and amenities is on the TV, not in the room. 2) Be careful in navigating the parking deck in your vehicle (especially SUV's) very tight and blind corners - really, watch out or you might have a wreck

Room Tip: Corner rooms offer a corner window (can provide you with a view - parking lots/shopping center/towar...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments concerning you recent stay with us. We look forward to serving you again next time you visit Virginia Beach!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel Sept 27-30. When we arrived the person out front did not speak to us. The front desk staff was very nice and told us where to park. The parking is convenient but you have to be careful driving in the garage. The last night there it was full and we had to park somewhere else. I think they should let guests of the Westin still park there. We had breakfast and room service. The food was very good as was the service. We did have a huge stain on our carpet in front of the TV. Otherwise the room was great. I do have to mention on Saturday Sept 29. I was in my room alone. My husband had just left. I heard the key and I thought he forgot something. In walks a hotel employee! She was Hispanic and could not speak any English. I think she had left something in one of the rooms and was trying to find it. She did not call out before she entered the room. I was shocked! All in all we had a great stay and the staff was friendly.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
WestinVAManager, Manager at Westin Virginia Beach Town Center, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We will celebrate your positive comments with our front desk and culinary teams. We will also use your other observations for continued training with our housekeeping team as we do have standard procedures when entering our guest’s rooms. Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to serving you again soon.
Camp Hill, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I just completed a 3-night stay there with a group of business travelers-- this was a very nice place to stay indeed. My room was spacious and well-appointed, the breakfast was excellent, and there were plenty of restaurants there within walking distance. I look forward to another stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Eastern Shore, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

My husband and I wanted a night out in March 2012 and we spent the day in Virginia Beach. We did not want beachfront since it was March. We wanted to stay where we could walk to everything we wanted to do that evening and not worry about driving. The Westin is in the Virginia Beach Town Center area. The mall is across the street and awesome restraurants right around the corner...PF Changs, Cheasecake Factory and about 5 others. Pleanty of bars to quench your thirst too.
The hotel itself is beautiful. Very modern with clean lines. Expect it to be busy because it is in a busy section of town. The first 15 or so floors are privately owned condos. The upper floors is the hotel and the view is spectacular.
Enjoy...it's a pretty neat hotel!

Room Tip: Hotel room are all upper floors...don't be afraid of heights or elevators!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
We were excited to hear that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations during your stay with us! We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again soon.
Buckhead, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Great hotel, very good service. Only problem, and it's a big one, don't plan on sleeping past 7:00 a.m.. My room was 6 rooms from the elevator. Everytime it lands on the floor, you hear the siganl. This was minor. You hear every door closing on the floor!!

Room Tip: As far from the elevator as you can!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your observations with us. We will immediately investigate the volume of the signal on the elevators. We are always looking for ways to improve, your comments will allow us to do this. Thank you.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed here on a business trip because I had a free day while in Virginia and figured why not stay in Virginia Beach, as the weather was still warm in the early fall. I knew the hotel wasn't beachfront, but I didn't realize it was at least (I say at least because traffic was really bad and it took much longer) 15 mins away, on a good day. Oh well...

The hotel itself seemed very new and was part of the newish Town Center development, which contains a lot of restaurants and shops within walking distance. There must be a corporate presence somewhere around there, otherwise I'm not sure why people would elect to stay in this part of town.

The lobby was beautiful. The fitness center was very spacious and clean (the only negative there was that there was only 1 heavily used yoga mat - seriously?!). My room had standard Westin decor. The room and hall walls and doors already looked like they had taken a beating.

Room service was well-priced for the area and came quickly. Service express requests came quickly, including a request to fix my toilet, which kept running. The downside there was that, though the man came quickly to fix it, his fix did not work, and my toilet ran throughout my stay.

I thought the value was the best part, based on my hotels.com rate of $155/night. This included free parking.

For my purposes, I probably wouldn't schlep out through traffic to get to this hotel again, but it was a satisfactory stay.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for sharing your positive comments with us. We will share them with our team. Concerning your question on whether there is a corporate presence, we find that our guests stay in Town center for many reasons including the proximity to both the Virginia Beach area, the Norfolk, area, and the Chesapeake areas; for the many restaurant options offered, free parking, and because of the Westin quality. We are also in the process of beginning the plans to renovate all of our sleeping room and hallway carpets this winter. Thank you again for staying with us.

Been to Westin Virginia Beach Town Center? Share your experiences!