“A Must Visit while in VA Beach” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ammos

Ammos
324 North Great Neck Road, Virginia Beach, VA (Northeast Virginia Beach)
+1 757-340-4343
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ammos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 1,256 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Neighborhood: Northeast Virginia Beach
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“A Must Visit while in VA Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

We are residents and therefore I can say this is an very, very good restaraunt in a great location that has fine food and excellent service. We visited in Dec but it has outside terrace seating as well that will be great in the summer. We ordered the eggplant salad as an appetizer (if you have not had that before it is finely cut cooked eggplant with seasoning and is served with Pita points). It was great and having lived in Greece for a few years I can say it was very authentic. They also brought freshly baked Greek bread (sort of like whole wheat bread) and Kalamata olives and olive oil for dipping the bread into. Again delicious! My date ordered the Mahi served over rice with cream sauce and it was really well done. I ordered the Lamb Kabob. It was served with lemon potatoes (yum) and was tender and perfectly cooked. We were pretty full but the waitress convinced us to look at the dessert menu and she recommended the Lime Cream Brulee. She said it was made onsite by their chef using Greek Yougurt and cream and fresh lime juice. We ordered one and shared it. It melted in your mouth and was very unique. I highly recommend it.
Overall it will provide you a fine dining experience. Give it a try, I am sure you will come back.

• Visited December 2013

Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
“New Venue - No Longer on the Boardwalk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Amos is now located at 34 North Great Neck Road, Virginia Beach (757) 340-4343. They are now focused on becoming a locals locale for great Greek food. They are in a "soft opening" status, expecting a grand opening mid-December 2013. The owner, John and his wife have selected an upscale venue which has hosted other eateries. The are making additions to the decor to give it their take of comfortable Greek. My wife and I enjoyed a hearty meze selection, Greek salads, and pittas hers with sliced beef, min with ground beef. Wonderfully presented and tasty. They presently do not have a liquor license, so be prepared. There is plenty of nearby parking (a detractor of their Boardwalk venue) and plenty of seating.

Good food, congenial service and promise of a great local Greek spot! Good luck to this effort!

• Visited December 2013
PA
“Nice atmosphere for sit down dining. Friendly service Make sure your food is hot.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Ammons is located on the Virginia Beach Boardwalk. When I first went inside I noticed the nice atmosphere. White table cloths on the tables and widely spaced tables make for good conversation without being cramped. Nice place to go and relax and enjoy yourself with a nice meal. Very friendly and attentive service. The food was excellent. Loved the spices they used; it added flavor to the food without being overpowering. I have acquired a taste for Greek food in the last 2 years so have seen the difference between Greek and other Mediterrean country foods. This tastes authentic Greek to me. The first time we received out food it was lukewarm to cold so we told the server and he gladly took it back and heated it up. Then the food was excellent. Went back for take out and again found the food to be cold however it warmed up well in the microwave with a wet paper towel placed over it. So because of the coldness I am only giving this restaurant a 4 stars otherwise I would give it 5 stars. There is also a bar area with a TV so you could go it and grab a snack while you are on the boardwalk. I was there off season so did not see outdoor seating but I would image they have it inseason. Just call and ask them if you want any information I am sure they would be more than helpful.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Norfolk, Virginia
“Always great... Always real”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This place never fails to deliver. The owner's daughter ( they're really Greek) actively works the floor making sure you are served well. Food quality is the best I've had in all of my travels. Pricing is fair and the portions are large.

• Visited September 2013
Beaufort, North Carolina
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My navy ship held a reunion recently very near to Ammo's.. My wife and I had eaten there about 5 times while setting up the reunion. Without fail, the food was wonderful, service perfect for professionalism and friendliness. My grandson accompanied us on several visits and has become addicted to Ammos food. I recommended Ammo's to shipmates as the reunion began, many followed the recommendation, none were displeased in any way. All were happy with their Ammo's experience.

• Visited October 2013