“Tasty Greek food, delivered” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ammos

Ammos
324 North Great Neck Road, Virginia Beach, VA (Northeast Virginia Beach)
+1 757-340-4343
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ammos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 1,255 Restaurants in Virginia Beach
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Neighborhood: Northeast Virginia Beach
Virginia
“Tasty Greek food, delivered”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

We really didn't want to go out, so we were happy to discover that Ammos delivers. I ordered the Greek combo and my wife ordered the Gyro. They arrived at our room in less than 30 minutes, and the food was still nice and hot. We're by no means greek experts, but everything tasted great and we would order from there again.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ontario, Canada
“Nice change of pace”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This was our second visit to Ammos. Our first was several years ago. Both times we had coupons from restaurant.com. I didn't notice until Thursday evening that the certificate was not good on weekends but we went on Friday evening anyway because we were leaving on Saturday. When I asked about the certificate they said they would honor it because it was off-season. Both times when we've been there it has been dark but we did see that there is an outdoor area when the weather is nicer and the view would be fantastic, looking right out onto the ocean and boardwalk, Last time I had the sampler plate and found I could not eat it all so this time I had the gyro with a side of french fries. It was excellent! The fries are nice and crisp and were good and hot. I like my food to be hot! My husband had the mahi-mahi with sides of roasted potatoes and green beans with tomato. He really enjoyed everything. We think the menu said that the mahi would come with a sauce or salsa on it but it didn't. He didn't care. It was excellent without it. We decided to try the two types of baklava they have. One of each. We preferred the traditional one. We would definitely go again if we are back in Virginia Beach. (Free parking in the newly renovated hotel for off-season. Ammos is at the back of the first floor of the hotel.)

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
stephstr, Manager at Ammos, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
I would like to thank you for your recent visit with us as Ammos. I was pleased to hear that this was your second visit and that you were pleased with your experienced both times. As a small family-run business we are grateful for our very loyal customers. For your next visit, I just wanted to clear something up about the mahi dish that your husband has so that it does not happen again. We actually have two types of mahi on our menu. Just the regular charbroiled ( the one your husband received)and the mediterranean style ( with the topping ). It could have been a misunderstanding with the server or perhaps you guys did not see it, however, next time make sure you ask for the mediterranean style. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Virginia Beach.
“Greek dinner experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

This restaurant was calm and on the boardwalk. they have outdoor and indoor seating. elegant and tasty Greek food. I recommend this restaurant.

Visited October 2012
Danbury, Connecticut
“Good taste and great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This restaurant is right in the boardwalk, so the view of the ocean is amazing! The food is quite tasty too.

Visited October 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“We picked a bad day to use our Living Social coupon....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

...they were understaffed and had a very busy morning, according to the owner whom I contacted after my disappointing visit. A friend of mine went the next week and was pleased with the food and the service.

Visited April 2012